Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/150/119
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default 100 % None Dairy Milk Alternative

Hi Everyone,
So pleased that I have found a few brits on this site, at last I can relate to shops and products more easily now, Iam Quite new to lo carb and have just quit smoking so any help from out there would be very welcome, the other day while shopping I found a product called Provamel its 100% non Dairy unsweetened Organic alternative to milk, the nutrition list is as follows,
per 100ml
Protein3.6g
carbs0.6g
of which sugars 0.1g
Fat2.1g
of whichsaturates0.4g
mono-unsaturates0.4g
polyunsats 1.3g
cholestrol nil
Fibre 1.0g
Sodium trace Is this product Ok, it tastes OK.
Cheers Carol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 18:07

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi Carol

Welcome. I found this Forum was a great support system for me when I started LCing.

We have a special section devoted to KickNicotine if you are tempted again. http://forum.lowcarber.org/f105/ Congratulations for kicking one of the hardest addictions to give up.

I like Provamel too. It's good for LCers. The best help is what you give to yourself. There is more information, discussion, recipies, support here than you will ever need. It is just a matter of keeping in touch and USING it.

Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 14:10
Registered Member

Stats: 154/150/119
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Fiona
Nice to hear from you, and thank you for the info on the quit smoking thread Ive already made a visit and posted a reply, Iam on the Induction diet at the moment have quit smoking 4 days ago and been on diet for 48 hours, I hope that when I use my testing strips later that Its a least lavander, that will be a big test for me, if it is'nt I may be a crazy woman later or in the depths of despair, I hope not, But I will let you know how I get on. Well better get on with it had'nt I.

Wish me luck

Take Care

Carol
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 15:12

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile No need for despair

Hi Carol

You will probably come across it in other parts of the Forum but my Ketosticks never changed colour throughout Induction and I just stopped using them afterwards.

However I stuck to the diet and lost a considerable amount of weight. But most important I felt soooooo much better after about ten days that whatever happens I don't think I will ever go back to eating carbs as I used to.

Good luck with your Induction.
Take care.