Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-10, 23:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/152/130 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

yes mayo is he same as Mayonnaise.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 20:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 157.7/157.7/125 Female 63 3/4
BF:27

i dont know if there is a difference it might be my personal opinion but i like baby spinach taste better than the reg spinach
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-10, 04:57

Stats: 180/178/147 Female 65
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Remember that in USA they are allowed to claim zero carbs per serving if it is less than 0.5 carbs. So if one serving = 1 tablespoon and is for examle 0.4 carbs then 3 servings would be 1.2 carbs!

The double cream I buy in UK has 2.6 g carbs per 3.4 fluid ounces (nearly 7 tablespoons) so has 0.37 carbs per tablespoon.

Hello Elizellen
just thought I would introduce myself, as I am also from UK and noticed that most people seem to be from USA and some of the food stuff they mention I have never heard of so it is helpful to know someone else that I can ask. Well done on your weight loss and it looks like you dont have much else to lose wish I could say similar I have only started on Monday 12th but decided to get weighed today (one day early) and I have not lost even an ounce is that normal?
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-10, 06:12

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi Farah!

Good to see another Brit on board.

I would suggest waiting till you have done the full 2 weeks on induction before worrying about how much weight you are losing an thinking about troubleshooting your menus.

You have only been on induction for 4 days so far, and from what I have seen on Atkins support boards some people lose well from the start, others take the full 2 weeks to see much change and others even lose nothing the first few weeks till their body sort of 'resets' itelf and starts to lose weight.

Also depending on how much weight people need to lose their results differ.

Someone with 40 pounds to lose might 'expect' to lose between 2-5 pounds in that fortnight where someone with 200 pounds to shed might 'expect' to lose over 20 pounds in the same time and still be losing the same percentage.

How are you enjoying your food choices so far?
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-10, 05:47

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Karen, I am kinda new to this board and I see you've been here for a while and are a chef. I would like your opinion about this recipe. Would it be acceptable on the Atkins Induction or anywhere on Atkins?

I have made up a new recipe that I call Chocolate Drops. I'm including the recipe and the Nutrition Facts so, you can look at them and see what you think. I have two for a treat a day.

Chocolate Drops

1 SQ of Bakers unsweetened chocolate
2 Tbs. Real Butter
1 OZ Heavy Whipping Cream
3 tsp. of Splenda

Melt the Bakers & Butter, stir in Cream and Splenda and drop by 12 teaspoon full on wax paper and chill.
Makes 12 Chocolate Drops

Chocolate Drops
Amount: 1 serving (1 Drop)

Food Label
Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 36.7
Calories from Fat 34.5

Fat 3.8 g 6 %
Saturated Fat 2.5 g 12 %
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.75 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg 3 %
Sodium 15.8 mg 1 %
Potassium 1.7 mg 0 %
Carbohydrate 0.33 g 0 %
Dietary Fiber 0.0 g 0 %
Protein 0.33 g 1 %
Alcohol 0.0 g[/QUOTE]
  #36   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 07:08
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 197/191/140 Male 5 feet, 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Why there aren't any kind of Beans allowed in the induction phase. What if I eat half a cup of black beans which are about 12 grams of carbs and still manage to be under 20g of carbs for the day and be in ketosis? Is this wrong?

Thanks
  #37   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 07:21
Induction ≠ Atkins

Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

No, you cannot have beans on induction. Atkins is not only about the number of carbs that you have, but also where those carbs come from.

There are 4 phases in the Atkins plan - induction, OWL (ongoing weightloss), pre maintenance, and maintenance.

In Induction, there is a list of acceptable foods to stick to (at the beginning of this thread). You should stick to these foods ONLY. The second phase (another sticky post in this forum) has 9 "rungs" to the carb ladder. Beans fall into rung 6. One of the highest. You need to work your way up to that point before adding them in. They are high in carbs and very starchy.

If you were following a different plan and are now thinking about Atkins, I would strong recommend you find a copy of one of the books and read through it.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 197/191/140 Male 5 feet, 2 inches
BF:

Thanks for the input
  #39   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 260/252/185 Male 6'1"
BF:

So, what I am getting about induction friendly food is that it has to be high in fat and even in calories, right?
i like to cook easy meals,
so what can i make on induction besides eggs, omelets, baking chicken, pork chops, and boiling ribs.
What else can I make without too much time in the kitchen and which would not make crave something sweet afterwards, and still lose weight?
Please, advise,
thank you indvance
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-10, 09:07

Stats: 160/156/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikireader
i like to cook easy meals, so what can i make on induction besides eggs, omelets, baking chicken, pork chops, and boiling ribs.
What else can I make without too much time in the kitchen and which would not make crave something sweet afterwards, and still lose weight?
Please, advise, thank you indvance

Hi Wikireader! I'm new here and no expert, but it seems to me you could add marinated chicken tenders, chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, crabmeat salad (all mixed with different ingredients like capers or anchovies for variety, perhaps?); and stuff with ground beef or chicken or turkey such as meatballs, stuffed cabbage, and meatloaf. Also pot roast. Also chopped olives mixes with some cream cheese I think would be ok, eat on a celery stick.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-10, 13:07
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Oven roasting a nice cut of beef shouldn't take much longer than baking chicken.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-10, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: my own version of atkins
Stats: 223/223/150 Female 62 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikireader
Costco sells heavy whipped cream, and I think it says 0 sugar/carbs, but tons of calories, do we need to count those calories, or as long as it says 0 carbs, we can have a lot of it?
thank you

OMG Awesome avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-10, 20:08
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack

heavy whipping cream has carbs... but because of the FDA rules they can say 0 carbs if the amount is less than .6 carbs per serving.
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-10, 05:33

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Yes, in USA they can set a ridiculously small serving size to be able to claim that zero on labels.
I am so glad that UK labels list nutrition info per 100 grams/mls to make it easier to get a good setimate of our numbers!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-10, 08:18
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack

Elize,

I agree...

I tend to be more of a government please get the hell out of our lives type of person, but when it comes to nutrition labeling I believe the laws should be stricter.

John