Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1336   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-16, 07:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I'm not too concerned, anymore, about when I eat. More about the length of time between eating. So, if I would be hungry at 10 PM, and KNOW that I'm going to be up till after midnight, and not eat till at least 10 am tomorrow, I'd grab more steak.

BUT. Our bodies get used to eating at fairly specific times. And, in anticipation of that eating, our insulin levels rise, which makes us hungry. Even with everything I said above, I would probably wait 1/2 hour to see if I was still hungry. If yes, I'd eat. If no, I'd know it was just being used to eating then, not really being hungry.
Sponsored Links
  #1337   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-16, 08:55

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven
I'm reading through this thread. I think I'm on about page 11, and need to stop for the night, but I'm going to give this ZC a try. We had NY strip steak tonight. I took out some for supper for tonight and for lunch tomorrow and then gonna do pork steak for supper tomorrow night. I'm still feeling hungry, which I know will eventually pass, but its 10:15 p.m. How late is too late to eat for most everyone? I sometimes work until midnight and I really feel the itch to eat, but I do believe I'm truly hungry. I want more steak and its almost like a draw to get to it and eat some of it. This is the time when I would normally be fixing a huge mixing bowl full of popcorn to sit here and eat while working. I need to find something to take its place at this time of night, and just wonder about the idea of eating meat this late.

eat til full....any time of day, does not matter

you never, ever limit your meat on zero carb! you eat til full at all times.

you will not be hungry and eat so much less in a day.
the next day you might be starved and eat a ton ALL thru the day into the night.

it never matters!!! You eat as you see fit. MEATS ONLY. that is the whole thing about zero carb. You eat til absolutely satisfied but go by your hunger only. Don't think I 'must do breaky, lunch, dinner' schedule.

you eat point blank as you see fit. MEATS only and you are a zero carb person! best of luck
  #1338   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-16, 14:17

Plan: basic low carb, no plan
Stats: 278/274/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Okay

Question again. I am so extremely fatigued today I can hardly move. I slept well last night, although I don't (can't) get as much sleep as some folks do. I got 6 hours, which is about average for me.

I am wondering if the zc would have such an effect. I have been back on VLC for quite a while now, trying to do the original Atkins '72 induction but low weight loss there, so coming here for myself and my husband, so we can try to get some of this weight gone. Anyway, I told him I would give it a try and if it works for me then he could move to it. He's willing, but truly hates to give up his veggies, but again, not losing much weight.

Anyway, is critical fatigue associated with this? When will the energy start rolling in for me?

Oh also, do you folks do the keto sticks thing? I have never done it, but wondering if maybe I should get some ordered and try it out. Opinions?
  #1339   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 04:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Keto sticks are a waste of money really. ketones change in your body as you 'adapt' to ketosis SO they are not a true indicator of your level. a blood test, a real blood test is the only accurate way to measure so I never tested. never wanted to waste the money. IF YOU eat very little or 0 carb, you are in keto. No doubt about that

Fatigue is a sign of adaption. you will get thru it. most people do experience it. just roll thru, you will be fine.
  #1340   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 10:55

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 218.5/203.8/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 21%

Just like the scale when it moves in the right direction... the keto sticks, when positive for ketones, gives you the warm and fuzzies. Nothing more!
  #1341   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-16, 10:56

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

...removed by writer for writer's personal reasons...

Last edited by Desert Mo : Thu, Sep-22-16 at 13:39.
  #1342   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-16, 07:25

Plan: Optimal diet
Stats: 150/134.4/127 Female 169
BF:
Progress: 68%

Does anyone know if the woman that started this thread is active in any other place? I would really like to contact her, her experience is amazing
  #1343   ^
Old Tue, Dec-27-16, 18:21

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Good question. Suzanneyea is Canadian & I believe no longer active here or any ZC or LC site I've found online or in Facebook. However, she kept a journal in ALCF while she was here & you might find her sharing there equally helpful (I did). Finding inactive journals -- I don't know any shortcuts. I've found ones I've sought simply by going page by page backwards in journals until I found ones kept by the members I was seeking. Just because someone goes inactive here does not by any means mean they left LC or ZC living. Of course you probably figured that out yourself. Best wishes for 2017!