Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 17:01

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Chinese Buffet

I sneakily convinced myself to have a cheat meal. Here are the excuses I used:

#1. I use Ketostix and typically register in the 80-160mg/dL range(I put out copious amounts of urine also), for the past 2 weeks, but I wasn't seeing any results on the scale, I thought maybe the strips were bad.

#2. I read posts on here about people doing their own scheduled "cheat days" and how for some people the cheat day kicks them back into gear. So I thought, well its been a month, I seem to be stalled, I'll have a cheat.

Then I convinced myself if I'm going to cheat I'm going to cheat big and get it over with. (I know I've read the posts about no such thing as cheat etc etc. this is just the easiest terminology to use).

So I hit the chinese buffet and here's what I had:
Hot n Sour soup w/ fried wonton chips
3 pieces sweet n sour chicken
1 egg roll
2 crab angels(with sweet n sour sauce)
6 pieces sushi
2 pieces cake (albeit very small pieces)
and of course fortune cookie
and I'm sure there were a few other carbs tucked into the mussels, chicken etc.

Afterwards I felt totally bloated and nauseous and twitchy and light headed. I could barely ride my bike home!

The positive thing is I went right back to the Atkins WOE after that and oddly enough I was still (and am) registering small/moderate ketones.

Anyway, just needed to vent and say I learned my lesson, even though I didn't kick myself out of ketosis, I really like to see the dark purple on the strip. I know some people don't like to use them, but for me its like seeing results even when the scale isn't showing anything!

Last edited by absinthian : Tue, Feb-10-09 at 17:17. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-09, 00:12

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

Wow. If I ate that, I'd be beige for 3 days! Congratulations. And I'll bet you felt ill. Hitting yourself with that sugar. Its funny how you don't know what it does to you until you stop eating it.

Way to jump right back on.