Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/270/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Exercise Advice

I have always noticed that I lose substantially more weight when I exercise. I have been told that "Tae Bo" is an excellent program. My trouble is motivation and continuation. I know it has to come from within me but it just doesn't click.

Grumble.

Loqui
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 18:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Loqui, are you thinking of "Tae bo" in a classroom setting or with tapes in your home? If you've had problems in the past with motivation and it's been the kind of exercise you do at home, maybe a class is a good idea. I know when I joined a gym the thought of not going and wasting all that money made me pack my gym bag and get my ass down there

By the way, I moved your post to the exercise forum where our resident experts will better see it and be able to give you some expert advice.

Best of luck,
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 20:00

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Loqui-
Sometimes it is hard for me to get moving also!! I think it helps to have someone to workout with. Do you have anyone who would be able to workout with you? I find that if I have someone lifting weights with me or doing cardio, I seem to do it on more of a consistent basis.