Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-01, 10:32

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/233/???
BF:
Progress:
Default Any ideas?

Hello everybody...

Wa'il told me to post this here so I am.

I was glancing through the "lbs lost" section and it occurred to me that some households have two or more people doing low carb, yet only one can register their statistics. Is it possible to add a space for "significant other?"

My husband Ray and I both started Dr. Atkins on March 6/00 and to date, Ray has lost about 90 lbs. and has gone down from a 51" waist to a 38". Just wanted to crow!

His response:

This can be a bit complicated. We can easily add extra fields, piece of cake, like we added fields for plan followed, and the date since, etc. We can easily add a new field, or even fields, for "Diet partner".

The problem is with the weight loss numbers. As I've written a little program to scan through the fields and tally up the total for all members. it needs to find the numbers in the same place. So we can add the fields, but they can't be calculated in the total.

Any suggestions? I can appreciate all the work it takes to keep this board working. I thought there may be an easy solution, short of registering Ray as a member.

'Tis a puzzlement!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-01, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

why can't you both register? what if you log out and then register again under a different name? i'm a computer newbie, so maybe i'm way off base!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-01, 13:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Robin,

Just thought of something that's much easier for me to do. I can create another account for you or Ray under the same email, but as a different username. Will this help?

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 05:17

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/233/???
BF:
Progress:

Nah, it's okay. I'll just register him as his own person. That would be easier. I'll do that tomorrow.

Thanks for trying.