Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-14, 13:16

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Fri Jan 31

Wed I went home - I was kind of ill so didn't go to work, or walk. Thurs first night home, again, walked but it was dark - got to see a thunderstorm in the distance though
We had our computers down at work on Friday so I took my break and took a 15 min walk around.
Purple lantana near the gate to the "base" complex...
[IMG][/IMG]
One of the feral cat soup kitchen stations...a lady feeds them in another business down the road...
[IMG][/IMG]
You can barely see him but there's a worker down under the curved pipe in the middle of the pic..I wasn't brave enough to go ask if I could take his pic..just shot it at a distance...
[IMG][/IMG]
Lots of dried winter leaves on these trees...I didn't see any nests in them yet...
[IMG][/IMG]
Our receptionist at work planted the pots with some pretty flowers...
[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-14, 13:31

Default Sun Feb 2

Took a short walk this AM where I am petsitting. They dogs run in the back yard and aren't trained really so they never want me to walk them. I couldn't do it now anyway post-op. I only went for 10 min..the dogs were still sleeping by the fireplace.
There were a lot of singing birds in these firs..
[IMG][/IMG]
These little bushes looked like twig baskets full of leaves....
[IMG][/IMG]
Walked past the park and playground area - oaks in the park...
[IMG][/IMG]
A big nest in the backyard tree...
[IMG][/IMG]
A pretty pot of pansies in the backyard...it was the only flower I saw on the entire walk - nobody has any flowers out at all...and this is in the backyard here. She has pretty salmon colored geraniums in a pot out front but they are sad right now...
[IMG][/IMG]
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-14, 21:44

Default Mon Feb 3

I have to slow down on picture taking. I don't have an unlimited plan and I am already at 90% usage on texts. I know I went way over last month - will hate to open that bill.... and I have a texty client who I have to save the texts for. Walked a little this AM waiting for my boss to pick me up from where I was petsitting, and I walked to PT this evening.
Pic of the day is the sidewalk at the construction site next to PT. There were what I think are Canadian Geese footie prints in dirt on the sidewalk. Farther down were construction worker footie prints... (I think these may be turkey footie prints...there are a lot of them around all the time)
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mviesprite : Sat, Feb-15-14 at 12:02.
  #184   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 12:00

Default Sat Feb 15

Lots of turkeys in the courtyard just outside my door this AM - went for a walk early. I didn't crop the pix much today - you are seeing exactly what I see...
[IMG][/IMG]
Tree in bloom over at PT (nobody there yet)
[IMG][/IMG]
Flowering plum tree by PT is only blooming on one side...I wonder what makes the difference...sun side?
[IMG][/IMG]
a manzanita in bloom...
[IMG][/IMG]
The gully wash in front of the complex along the road has gone down quite a bit since the deluge we had last time we had big rain- it was much higher with roaring rapids then, now it just gurgles along..
[IMG][/IMG]
A new planting of primroses outside the office...
[IMG][/IMG]
  #185   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 15:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

NICE!!!! It is so good to be outside.

I do hope you all get the rain. We desperately need you to share it if you do!
  #186   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 22:13

Yes, hope you guys get some too. So far it has gotten cloudier, colder and a big foggy but no rain yet...maybe it'll come in the night.
  #187   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-14, 17:40

Default Sun Feb 16

It rained last night and I walked this AM, a little later than usual because I wanted to sleep longer.
This is on my way out of the complex - I turned around and saw the sun shining thru the fog/mist and everything was still wet and smelled good from the rain...
[IMG][/IMG]
SkVirrel! (and Moose...) This little guy was running up a tree when I walked by - my zoom pic actually turned out this time...
[IMG][/IMG]
Another zoom pic that worked - there were tons of robins flying in and out of these pyracantha (?) bushes - I kept shooting pix and was surprised to find this one had a robin in flight visible.
[IMG][/IMG]
This patch of groundcover had diamond-like drops of water all over it and the sun made them sparkle - but it doesn't show well in the photo...
[IMG][/IMG]
Crabapple blossoms on a tree in front of a business...
[IMG][/IMG]
And the sun was burning off the cold rainwater and creating steam up on this big mound of earth...it looked like little smoke swirls rising up in the air...
[IMG][/IMG]
  #188   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-14, 21:56

Default Mon Feb 17

Early AM walk to PT - off work today. Here is some pretty vinca by a light pole in the complex...
[IMG][/IMG]
Yesterdays tree from the other side of the knoll...
[IMG][/IMG]
Some early morning walkers were looking at the construction site. I really thought they were both off the street when I shot this - I was trying to be inconspicuous but I guess I wasn't as the guy is staring at me.
[IMG][/IMG]
I walked back out of PT while I was waiting for my therapist because the sun hit the oak leaves behind this flowering plum as it rose and lit them up.
[IMG][/IMG]
A newly planted pot of primroses in front of the complex office...
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mviesprite : Mon, Feb-17-14 at 22:18.
  #189   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-14, 11:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

#190   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-14, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradasky

Hi Arlene!
  #191   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-14, 21:47

Default Tues Feb 18

I walked after work tonight - it was so overcast and looked pretty darkish so I went and braved cars/kids/bikes/dogs/annoying maintenance guys in golf carts/hen sessions by my place while waiting for laundry- just to be able to take pix!
I took a road nearby I've never taken - I saw this big dead Ponderosa pine that is probably housing for bugs/grubs, squirrels or other nocturnal critters, or owls, birds, woodpeckers - who knows who lives in this tree?
[IMG][/IMG]
Along the woods side of the road were a lot of tulips just growing wild - (well somebody had to plant them at some time...) and the deer have just eaten them down- deer buffet!
[IMG][/IMG]
This road comes to a dead end - or rather, ends in somebodys driveway/property...
[IMG][/IMG]
When I turned up the that road, I saw an Asian lady down on the dead end of the road I was on, laying out what looked like a ritual of some sort...I would have loved to see what she was doing but I felt it was impolite and intrusive. Of course she was right by the road but it is a dead end, after all.. I passed her walking back to her house on my way back and said hello, then went and photographed the site...
[IMG][/IMG]
This lone lamp post on the dead end was lit at 5 - dark enough in the woods for it already...
[IMG][/IMG]
And this Queen Anne's Lace is dried and weather worn to a silvery color...
[IMG][/IMG]
  #192   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-14, 12:38

Default Thur Feb 20

It was a little walk from the parking lot at the hospital (6 week post op appt) - a 2 hour drive for me - to the professional bldg that is actually part of the hospital - I counted it as a walk. I also walked around my hotel grounds but it was dark at that point. It was just too much driving for me in one day and I had booked the hotel (they discount for hospital patients) thinking I was going ahead with surgery on the other leg the next day. I am postponing that but kept the room).
A back walkway to the surgeon's office - built right into the top of a mountain/hill...
[IMG][/IMG]
This is the view from the surgeon's office window. Hawks were flying around at eye level...
[IMG][/IMG]
View from the parking lot at the hospital...
[IMG][/IMG]
The front view of my lovely hotel room...I had an end unit in the back - extra window!
[IMG][/IMG]
The view out my room door...beautiful place...
[IMG][/IMG]
  #193   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-14, 12:54

Default Fri Feb 21

I took a walk around the hotel grounds before I left for home. This lovely replica (I'm assuming) of a tapestry was beautiful in my room...
[IMG][/IMG]
Some cheery daffodils in bloom...
[IMG][/IMG]
A bluejay was hopping around under a bush near the walkway, then he hopped out and stopped every few seconds so I zoomed him...he is inbetween the leaves of the plants...
[IMG][/IMG]
Perfect wax-like camillias in bloom by the office door...
[IMG][/IMG]
And there was an L-shaped bed of poppies on the street corner side of the parking lot...so bright and pretty...
[IMG][/IMG]
  #194   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-14, 13:17

Default Sat Feb 22

A walk at where I housesit...forsythia in bloom (I love yellow)...the landscapers trimmed it a month too early...
[IMG][/IMG]
This is a view of the Sierra Nevadas from the backyard...in the AM the colors were absolutely beautiful...by the time I took this the day had become hazy...not as bright...I zoomed it. I'll try to get a better pic next week, in the AM...tweaking color didn't help so I left it alone...
[IMG][/IMG]
Happy jonquils planted near the artichoke plant in the garden...
[IMG][/IMG]
Grape hyacinths in a cluster in the garden...they were more purplish...they come out blue here...
[IMG][/IMG]
And surprise! Crocus peeping out from under scented geraniums and candytuft...
[IMG][/IMG]
  #195   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-14, 13:38

Default Sun Feb 23

This AM's early walk at home....rosemary over by PT, so pretty and delicate in bloom...
[IMG][/IMG]
The ravine between PT and the new construction next door...a long tumble!
[IMG][/IMG]
Flowering plum close-up...
[IMG][/IMG]
A path that connects the complex to the road across from PT... I took it but didn't want to go traipsing by so close to the back of apts, so I turned around...
[IMG][/IMG]
And the daily turkey parade...
[IMG][/IMG]