Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-15, 04:48

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYfree
So excited you shared that with me. That is exactly what I am looking for!!!
I have been trying to make contact with them, so far, no call back yet. Maybe because of the holidays. Do you know if they take insurance?

Thanks!

Last I checked for a friend, he is only at the HEALClinic on Mondays (using another doctor's office that day) and his "office staff" is a remote worker. She emailed me the package pricing used there. They don't take insurance but give you a "superbill" you could then submit to your insurance company. Duke does take insurance, but yours might balk at the 'hospital' charge. If you phone Duke for an appointment, they will likely say it is six months out for a first appointment, but then very often, there will be cancellations. Keep calling! Or we can meet. The library has his clinic diet in the back of Why We Get Fat...in fact I picked up a few extras copies of that book at the County used Book Sale last week...happy to give you books I was going to donate to the support group anyway. You can PM me by joining this forum, or write out your email here and we can arrange to meet. I also have a five page document of LC resources with a zillion hyperlinks I can email you...all the books listed are in the Wake Cty Library system or they are free websites, videos, etc.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Dec-22-15 at 05:10.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-15, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Dr. Westman
Stats: 274/205/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
FlyFree, my sister had a lap banding done, several years ago. The lowest she ever got, at 5'2", is 175, and she's now down again to around 200.

She was telling me the other day how she doesn't want to deprive herself, and "balanced diet" and "foods humans have been eating for millennia" and blah, blah, blah.

I told her that what she ate was her business, I was merely telling her why I believe that LCHF is best for ME. She's only 55. Maybe by the time she's my age, she'll figure it out.

Yes! When I go low carb I'm not as hungry... So it's easy not to eat. But when I get hungry I'm definitely hungry.

I'm looking forward to the change!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-15, 16:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/192/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Fly,
I'm new also, and wanting to start again January 1st!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-15, 09:18

Fly free, Lynne just posted the notice that reservations are open for the Jan 5th LC support meeting. You may ask to join this closed group, then read the group description in right bar, where all the details of the meetings are also posted, then press join button if you want to attend. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Duk...rbSupportGroup/
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-15, 09:35

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Note to Randy: Nice to meet you, too. However, please start a new thread over on the Introduce Yourself section. That way you can get your own personal welcome.

Best wishes.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-15, 10:11
Registered Member

BF:
Default Great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyR2003
Hi Fly,
I'm new also, and wanting to start again January 1st!

Hi! Welcome!!! We can do this together!!!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-15, 10:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Fly free, Lynne just posted the notice that reservations are open for the Jan 5th LC support meeting. You may ask to join this closed group, then read the group description in right bar, where all the details of the meetings are also posted, then press join button if you want to attend. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Duk...rbSupportGroup/

I requested to join the FB group!!!
I don't want to put my personal information on here, but would love the book...so maybe we can meet on Jan 5th?

Thank you for everything!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-15, 10:22
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Last I checked for a friend, he is only at the HEALClinic on Mondays (using another doctor's office that day) and his "office staff" is a remote worker. She emailed me the package pricing used there. They don't take insurance but give you a "superbill" you could then submit to your insurance company. Duke does take insurance, but yours might balk at the 'hospital' charge. If you phone Duke for an appointment, they will likely say it is six months out for a first appointment, but then very often, there will be cancellations. Keep calling! Or we can meet. The library has his clinic diet in the back of Why We Get Fat...in fact I picked up a few extras copies of that book at the County used Book Sale last week...happy to give you books I was going to donate to the support group anyway. You can PM me by joining this forum, or write out your email here and we can arrange to meet. I also have a five page document of LC resources with a zillion hyperlinks I can email you...all the books listed are in the Wake Cty Library system or they are free websites, videos, etc.

I just found this...lol...I had to go to the 2nd page. Lol. So, when they accept me in the group...I'll find you!!!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-15, 12:00

Good, but don't know if I am going on the 5th yet. I will attempt to message you on FB...but be warned, I don't use FB for anything except that group, all notification and messages are shut off for me, and it is a different name (and no names on any public site are my actual one )
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-15, 21:46
Registered Member

BF:

Tomorrow I start! Going to start with fasting food to begin with, like Dr Fung suggests to do. Someone prayed for me tonight, and I really felt such confirmation that God is in this! So excited! Thank you again everyone! And Happy New Year!!!