Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228.5/226.5/185 Male 69 Inches
BF:35%/35%/~20%
Progress: 5%
Default Creatine question

Hello,
I've been in PE for a few weeks, and I've decided to really get in shape, mostly get some muscles to help burn the fat I have, and I was wondering if it's true that if you take Creatine for a while and than stop taking it you will lose most if not all of the muscle mass you gained. Is that true? If it's not I'll start taking that with l-glutamine.. or something.

Thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 19:47

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajus
Hello,
I've been in PE for a few weeks, and I've decided to really get in shape, mostly get some muscles to help burn the fat I have, and I was wondering if it's true that if you take Creatine for a while and than stop taking it you will lose most if not all of the muscle mass you gained. Is that true? If it's not I'll start taking that with l-glutamine.. or something.

Thanks for your time!

Creating does help develop bigger muscles, BUT! it only makes a difference for people who have maximized their natural potential of muscle size (read: body builders) and need the small edge Creatine gives. For us mortals, all creatine will do is cause us to retain water, for some it will raise blood pressure, and for some the runs.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 20:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/209.5/210 Male 76"
BF:
Progress: 101%

Hi Rajus,

I've been reading about it for years and have yet to try it myself. I've read some well respected lifters who love it, some who hate it, others who loved it only to come to hate it. I've always been a little apprehensive with taking anything I can't get with foods short of certain vitamins so I've elected to keep away from it for now. I think it does work for some but I can't get beyond the part of knowing I'm walking around with unnatural levels inside of me. Many beginners at it feel they're getting larger quickly but it's mostly water retention at first. So some may feel they're losing muscle once they're off it but it's really the water for the most part.

This is the best article I've found on the topic. http://www.cbass.com/CREATINE.HTM

Clarence has been around for a long time and he's an intense researcher. He used it himself and can add personal experience with his collected data.

Joe
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-06, 00:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228.5/226.5/185 Male 69 Inches
BF:35%/35%/~20%
Progress: 5%

Thanks for your help!