Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 10:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Unhappy petite ladies

Hi all,

Overweight is as much a mind thing as a health thing, I know. Even when I'm close to my goal weight, I always feel 'fat'.

Many larger/taller people tell me I don't need to loose weight, but it is only because I have a small build, barely over 5 ft tall. My healthy goal is between 115 - 118. When I weighed 145 I was 30% overweight! Looked like a short round blob! Not to mention it was affecting my health and my ability to be active.

Anyone out there petite and trying to get below 120

Would love to share.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 22:39

Stats: 153/152/115
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hi Dinky!

I am in a similar boat a you...although I have a little more to lose than you do! That's okay, I'll get there!
I am about 5'4", and am going for under 120....I have been on the LC diet before but have not stuck with it long enough to reach my goal....not this time though!
I have a baby face and am pretty curvy, so the extra pounds haven't been to much of a problem, but this past year I've gainned about 15, so I am ready to finally get back to being thin.

Keep me updated on how things are going....I am just starting up again today, so it will be about a week before I start dropping much. Anyone else out there going through the same stuff?!
Look forward to hearing from y'all!

Ginger
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 23:19

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%
Default petite

Hi,
I'm 5'3" and currently 162 lbs. I got down to 145 on Atkins last year. Now back and determined to get down to 125. Stay for a while, and then see if I can get to 120. Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 18:04
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hello girls,
I know what you mean about weight and being short. I am 5'3".
At the moment I weigh 185 lbs. I have had two strokes and recover and now I plan to go for my goal as 115 lbs. and I am staying their the rest of my life. I feel better at that weight. I am the shortest of my siblings but I was placed with a medium frame.
I didn't start to gain weight until I was 42 and then it came fast. It seems like it was overnight. So now I losing for my health and I want to find clothes that I don't have to hem.
Have a great lo carb day!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 18:39

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%
Default Hi gals!

Hi gals! (Donna J I sent you a pm)

Yes it's hard to be petite. I'm trying to get down to 125, but I'd really like to be 118. At 45 some people say that's an unreasonable weight. I'm 5'3", medium frame, and carry all my weight on my belly. My legs are very slender, and in order to get the belly flab I'd have to go below 125 I'm sure. What do you think?

How did you do on induction? I'm on day 3 now and have lost 4lbs. I know it's water, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get. In one of the books Atkins or Zone, they say that 6lbs of body fat is equal to 1 gallon in volume. On our small frames that is a lot of weight. Even a 6lb loss people notice. That's the upside!!

Good luck to you all and keep the faith.
Ruby.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 20:40
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Ladies

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ruby, you're absolutely right about even a little bit makes a big difference on my short bod. Every ten lbs puts me into the next size. Two years ago, I lost about 30 lbs and everyone told me I looked like I lost at least fifty. I know they meant that in the best way, but I was shocked that they thought I was that heavy to start with.

I think at 5.3 you would look great at 125. I know it's a good healthy weight.

I did great the first 5 days also. I know it's just water, but it feels so great to get that little boost when you start.

Good luck to all, would love to hear all your progress.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 21:54
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi everyone. I am also petit. I am 5' 1" and currently 154lbs. Believe me I am not happy with the way I look. I look back at pictures from high school when I thought I was fat. I would do anything to look like that again. I just was glad to see we are not alone. Good luck and keep motivated>
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 22:18
Pending Member

BF:
Default welcome

I know what you mean about high school pictures. I thought I was fat and now I wish I was back at 115lbs again.

But we are here together and we can make all our goals comes true with encouragement and hard work.

I was reading through journal and they really give the courage to go on. Have you start your journal yet?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 16:33
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Donna-

I haven't started a journal yet in regards to the diet. However I have kept a journal for years now. It's very interesting to go back and read it. Most of the time I only right in it when I am having a bad day.

How long have you been on the program. I started 5 weeks ago. At times it feels so slow. I just want to wake up one morning and be thin.

Good Luck and keep up the good work.
Danielle
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 17:34
Pending Member

BF:

HI Danielle,
This is my second time on Atkins. I have had two strokes and just now found a doctor that believe lo carb won't kill me.
I reached my goal before have the stroke and then was placed on low cal/ low fat diet and I blossomed to 192 again. I have been on induction for 10 days now and already seeing results in inches and energy. I know it seems so but if I can reach goal the first time I know we both can reach it now.
I write in my journal every day. It helps me to keep focus on what I am doing. But keep the faith and believe me it well melt off soon.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 18:26

Stats: 242/237/112
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hey all! I'm also a petite one (5'2"). I have 120 pounds to lose. I want to get to at least 115. This is day six for me and I've already lost a couple of pounds. I hope this keeps up. (I was gonna say I've ONLY lost a couple of pounds, but I'm try'n to remain positive!)
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 18:52
Pending Member

BF:
Smile Welcome

DeAnna,
That is great that you lost a couple of pounds. Those pounds counts alot. Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for encouragement and support. I have been on induction for 11 days now and I was on Atkins and lost 50 lbs so I know it does work. Just keep at it. Everyone here well help you with your journey to a new you.
Have you started a journal yet? It will help you allot . I put everything that I eat and the water amount and also I record anything that has happen to me. It has helped allot. You can also read other people journal's and it will give you ideas on what to expect. Welcome again and hope to hear from you soon.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 19:25
Registered Member

BF:
Default Welcome Deanna

Thanks for joining us. Yes, you can do this! I know that after the first couple weeks on Atkins, I loose my cravings for sweets for the most part. It's the best diet to be able to eat a healthy selecton of foods and continue to loose weight steadily.

Set yourself mini goals and reward yourself each time you reach one. Last time for me it was every 5 lbs. Then I said ' that wasn't so hard - I can loose 5 more now'. It's not so overwhelming that way. After the first month, I really didn't think of it as a diet, just a different WOE.

Please keep us informed, we all want to hear how you're doing.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 05:23
Pending Member

BF:
Default Good morning

Goodmorning Dinky,
Your right at rewarding yourself after reaching a goal. I also keep my goals around 5 lbs. It is easier and you don't get discoraged so easy. What type of rewards do you give yourself?
I give myself a new book or a new article of clothes.
Well everyone have a great lo carb day. I have to get started. I have a big day.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 20:44
Registered Member

BF:
Default Rewards

yes - books and clothes are two of my favorites also. I have so many books, it would take me a year to catch up on my reading. The closer I get to my goal the more fun the clothes become. Also, little things like a lipstick, bath and body works. Anything that's just for me.

Unfortunately, I haven't earned any reward yet this week. I've been sticking to the plan, but it's very slow at this point.