Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 15:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi everyone. Just wanted to drop by because I am having a better week this week. I am back on track, thank heavens. I lost all the water weight and have decided to try taking chromium and flax seed oil. Hope they help next month.
I just made the mock danish. It's sinful. I used cinimmon and it was very much like french toast. Going to try chocolate next time. Have a good week all.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 16:08
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

So glad to hear Scarlet back to her old self! And I am sure y'all already know my weigh in results due to howl heard 'round the world this morning. Nuff said.

BUT - oddly enough I lost an inch in my waist, compared to what it was two weeks ago! I was mollified and even somewhat encouraged by that.

Have put the scale away again until next Monday.

Liz
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 03:21

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 231/202/154 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:37%/34.1%/25%
Progress: 38%

Hi all, liz just because you cant see it on the scales it dose'nt me its not happening, scarlet you sound like you had a rough time, I have just started WOE again after my long weekend, and if I can recall I said the food would not be a problem it would be the drink well the food was a problem, all people had when we visited was sandwich's and big yummy rolls and yes I ate them, Im to scared to get back on the scales I will wait till friday and hope most of the damage will be repaired by then
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 05:01

Hi all, well friday's here and I got on the scales and im happy to say, not only I did repair the damage I lost 3lbs as well (It must of been worry) im very pleased with myself and feel I am on the road to meet my challange this time !!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 08:13

BF:

Hello everyone!

I lost the 3 pounds I gained plus 1 extra. So I am only down 1 in my stats but I actually lost 4 this week.
I baught a pedometer this week because I was curious to see how much exercise I am getting without trying. Yesterday I walked 16 463 steps, the equivilant of 19KM or 1280 calories!!! I was shocked. It will not be as much over the next few days because spring has finally arrived and it is supposed to rain for the next 5 days. It makes me wonder though, how much do I actually have to do to burn this fat?
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 13:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

Congrats to both Scarlet and Glenellen on your weight loss this week you both seem to be realy on track to meeting the challenge on May day.I have stayed the same as last Fri.,although I actually gained 3lbs on Sat. and Sun. but managed to lose it by today ,and considering the week I have put in with it's highs and lows(see journal)I feel I have not done too bad .I have a big party tomorrow night and I'm sure it will show damage on the scales-but sure I have to live ,it can not only be about l.c.ing all the time!!.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 17:59

BF:

Where is everyone? I was so busy today I almost forgot to check in. I thought I would be the last one here. Oh well, not much to report anyway. I lost and gained the same 2 pounds over and over this week. I am now down .5 pounds.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 22:13
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Hi -

I am down a pound this week, so am at least going in the right direction! Oh, I actually rode a bicycle around my neighborhood today for about 40 minutes, so I do believe that is what is referred to as "exercise"! I think I will ride again tomorrow. That's as far as I can commit right now - But am kind of proud of myself. HOPING it will crank up the wieght loss....

Liz
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 13:35

BF:

Happy Easter eveyone,as I said last week my dh and I took a week's holiday this past week to do some work around our own garden.It ment that I did not have my normal routine and so I only swam 4times but eat out every night and of course drank wine with every meal,so although the food was lc.the amount of alcohol consumed was not what poor dear departed MR.Atkins sugests in his book!!!.Long story short -I am up one lb,which is not too bad after a week's holidays.I remember in the past gaining 5-6lbs after a few days holiday,because I just ate and drank whatever I wanted with no regard for the consequences,how times have changed!.Liz great about getting up on the bike,there will be no stopping you now?.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 16:14

Hi all yes it's me, I am just about to throw this bloody computer from a great height, out the window, as you know im having trouble with it, and there is a 5 to 8week waiting list in PC world to fix it, and thats with insurance!! just to let you know, last weigh in I lost a pound, and my dear son got me the biggest easter egg going!! he told me I should live for once, after all the hard work i have done on my diet,well I am his long suffering mother so who am I to refuse, yummy yummy choclate egg !!!, anyway bare with me till this bloody computer thing is over, you all seem to have done well, and your right carmel, we all need our extras,.... OK i probably mean alcohol!! but I can't imagine putting up with my hubby, not only through a diet, but being sober!!!! I miss talking to all of you, and I hope I can sort this out soon, but in the mean time I will stay in contact, and scarlet I hope your doing well
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 14:30

BF:

Hi All!
I am down 1 pound this week. I am asuming it is because of the stomach bug I had last night. I lost most of what I ate yesterday. I am afraid my kids are little viris factories. Feeling great now so I will probably gain it back tomorrow.
I hope your computer is feeling better soon Glenellen.
Great job with the bike Liz, how brave of you! Just think of all the new shoes you now have an excuse to buy!
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 03:30

BF:

I ditd not post last night because I have a 24 hour b.p. monitor strapped to my arm which beeps and inflates every 30mins., so as you can imagine I am not in great form. Last night I never closed my eyes once because I'm a very light sleeper at the best of times but with that "thing" going off I just never got to close my eyes.The reason for the moniter is because my b.p. has not come down dispite my weight loss yet when I got my results of my bloods on Wed. they were perfect and my Doc. is wondering if I suffer from"whiet coat syndrome".I will know the outcome at 11.30am.Anyway the good no make that great news is I have lost 3lbs. this week.I haven started walking this week(I hate walking!) as well as my swimming.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 03:34

BF:

See what sleep deprivation does.I think I have made more mistakes in the above post then I normaly make!!!!1.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 13:10

BF:

Hello Everyone!
It's Glenellen's birthday!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

#30   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 12:43

Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi its been awhile since I've posted here and my weight loss slowed down but I kick started last week with a meat fast and now I'm back to induction (bad habits were starting to slip back)

Start of challenge 224lbs
19th April 217lbs
Lost 7Lbs

Goal for Mayday 11lbs