Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 15:43

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 228/228/175 Female 70
BF:
Progress:
Default Working With Nutritionist?

Hi Everyone,
I have been working on SP for the past few months. I have gained a bit of weight and it is freaking me out a bit. Although, other problems I was having are disappearing

I am considering working with a nutritionist to help me with the supplementation. Has anyone else out there done this? Anyone done the testing through the SP website?

Thanks!
HM
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-09, 13:10

Plan: PP
Stats: 125/123.8/117 Female 5'2 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Hippy Mama. I have been on Schwarzbein for about a year.. I gained some pounds about 7 and they stayed with me.. most of the time I added the suplements in her book, wanted to do the testing, but I coudn't afford it. She says on her books that it takes time to heal. It was very hard and discouraging, but I thought I had to make it this time and know if this was a good program for me.It work wonders for my Mom.
I think if you can afford the testing that will be great and make shorter your period of healing.. I have more info in myJournal.
The best for you!
By the way I think I am probably starting to lost at last.. But many things happened in my year, I had also my thyroid low, now I have about 4 months in my med. My daddy died, and my Mom is sick... so It was a very stressful year also..
I wish you the best and let me know how it went with the nutritionist please I really wanted to do it, but couldn't. I also ask with Jj. Virgin ( she is with Dr Swarzbein in her dvd workouts) but it is even more expensive there.
M.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 11:09

BF:
Progress:

Hi Monasasha,
I am definitely going to give it a try starting February. I am looking forward to it very much! I will post back here after I do.

Thanks for your reply.
H
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 21:06

BF:

I wish you the best Hippy Mama I will be checking to see how are you, I am still doing Schwarzbein, and will keep posting God willing
And I think is great that you are feeling better.
I have been taking the supplements to sleep, and also the digestive enzymes.
How many months have you been on the plan?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 11:58

BF:
Progress:

I started the end of November. I did not manage to stick to it completely over the holidays. I am mostly back on track. It is hard for me to eat 5 times a day. Most days I eat 4 times. I have not tried any of the supplements yet. I am going to wait until I see the nutritionist.

Like your situation, i have had a lot of stress lately. That makes it so much more difficult! Like Schwarzbeing says...

How long have you been on the plan? Has it been successful for you?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 12:56

BF:
Default :)

I ask you about the time, because you don't have even 3 months, which I think is great news. If you gained a little, and you need some time to heal, you can start losing soon. My Mom started very fast to lose weight, and It was great to see it. For me it was different, so after some months I gave up You can read in my journal if you wish (just click in the word journal )
It helps to make one for yourself.
After you try the plan for 3 months if you are not losing yet (a question, are you doing it gluten free?) because in her 3rd book, the last one I think we are supposed to start gluten free at least one month. That can help you also to see if you have a gluten allergy or help your body to heal.
And then if for a reason still is not working for you you can try the rotation diet for a month.
Hopefully you will be ok and start losing soon.
For me I have been probably a year, or I am about to be a year. But this time when I started I said to myself I would try it at least for a year, since in her first book she says you can need a whole year to heal. So it has been hard, but I want to be really sure that this is not for me before leaving it.
I like the food, it seems easier than other, so easier to live on it. I was living in the Zone , and it worked fine, but you can have less carbs. And you have to measure more the things, and fat. So I think this is more natural easier.
I also had surgery, but probably tomorrow I will weigh in and see, because I think I might be starting to lose, hopefully. I had another problem and was my thyroid. I only have 4 months in my med... So don't be discouraged. You are healthy you will be fine, and it wont be a long time like for me. You can find ways to help you do it and get used to it Watch if you are not having many nuts. It is very good to write down what you eat. My girls eat the same way and they are happy and very healthy.
I will get to you back soon, God willing,