Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 04:45
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Post Help!! Weather Info For Florida Required

My husband and I are trying to plan our vacation for October 2004! Yes, I know we're a bit ahead of ourselves, but it might take us that long to decide where we are going . One of our options is a Florida tour. I have looked at various sites on the net about weather and rainfall and each one seems to give different info. So, I thought that I would ask the people who know - the ones that live there or who have visited in October.

If we do come over in October, can we expect much rain? We live in the UK and have enough of our own and would like to see a good amount of sun . We've been to Dominican Republic and know that it can rain quite heavilly there in October, but usually only for a short time and then clears up again. Is it the same in Florida? Unfortunately, I can't change my vacation dates, it has to be October!

Any assistance would be most welcome
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 13:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

I live in Clearwater, Florida and No , the rainy season just passed, but I wouldn't book a cruise in October ( too rough)

Sarasota, clearwater, Cocoa Beaches all have night entertainment and are reasonable that time of the year.

Orlando of course has all the theme parks and tamp has Bush Gardens.

I'm sure you will love it, pack jean pants and shorts (no sundresses that time of year) Weather is about 70 degrees.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 13:40
Champagne Paulie

Carol,

Thanks for the info. I think the cruise may be out, DH isn't a good sailor

I'll let you know what we decide.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 08:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/190/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

I am in Miami and it is 11AM and 85 degrees...it will go to 90 by 2 pm. The summer-like weather doesn't break until mid-October and i doubt i will need a jacket before Christmas...you can access Key West and the rest of the Keys, Naples/Captiva and Palm Beach from here...

Hotel rates are still low at that time of the year and the area is still very open since 9/11. You can find studio type places for under $300 a week, but will require lots of research since quality of places runs the gamet...

happy hunting.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 13:22
Champagne Paulie

Thank you, much appreciated.