Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 14:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/151/143 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hoi Sooike,

Sorry, sorry dat ik deze site wat uit het oog was verloren en ik dus je vraag niet had gelezen! Hopelijk heb je ondertussen de pork rinds algevonden bij de chips!!!

groetjes
Nele
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 12:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
I think you can find the actual brand name (the company name that makes it) if you go to the www.carbsmart.com website where they sell it, Char. Hope that helps.

OR (and please pardon my fractured computer-generated Nedelandse):
Ik denk u de daadwerkelijke merknaam (de firmanaam die het) maakt kunt
vinden als u naar de www.carbsmart.com- website gaat waar zij het
verkopen, Klusje. Hoop die helpt.

On the other hand, I tripped over the name today. The maker of the sugarfree Twist product (like Nutella) is DeBoer. Hope that helps?

By the way, there is another brand that appears to NOT contain hydrogenated oils, so should be a better quality product for one's health, that is the Torras chocolate hazelnut spread.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 13:51

Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Default Hoi!

Hartelijk bedankt voor de informatie, Island. Ik heb de merken "Torras" of "DeBoer" niet gezien........ Helaas, maar ik zal verder kijken. "Porkrinds" zijn in de meeste "tokos" of bij chineese winkels te vinden. Kijk daar als je wilt.... Veel succes!!! Als je meer informatie nodig hebt, dan ben ik blij om te helpen!

Charlotte

(Ik hoop dat "JE" goed is met je! Ik voel dat je een vriend bent!)
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 14:03
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlif761
Hartelijk bedankt voor de informatie, Island... Ik heb de merken "Torras" of "DeBoer" niet gezien...

Charlotte

Ik hoop dat "JE" goed is met je! Ik voel dat je een vriend bent!

Hartelijk dank voor uw warme woorden, Charli.

Allen is goed hier, en ik wens slechts het beste voor u en voor uw familie en vrienden.

Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:48

Stats: 106/101/70 Female 1.65cm
BF:
Progress:
Wink

Hi to all you English speaking out there, Im from Blackpool in the northwest, have lived in Holland since 1993. We're in Vlaardingen thats Zuid Holland. Started on Atkins two weeks ago and its going ggggreat. Just about to stop induction and go to the next stage,but its a hell of a job trying to find lowcarb products here. Have sourced a good line of bread ( fijn lijntje ) and for the odd treat chocolate fix is easy to come by. Gets me really angry when you can see all the fab products out there and we have to import from America or the UK. For those who havent found it yet KETOLIFE carry a small selection. Online ordering but del. cost isnt much, and its quick. Great to find this forum and hope to hear lots more from you all.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:01

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi L. Smith!
I have a yahoo mailinglist for English speaking people in the Netherlands.
if you feel that might be handy, send an empty email to atkins_netherlands-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com

it's a small group, but it works!
cheers
Willeke
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 12:07

BF:
Progress:
Wink

Bedankt Willeke,
Ik zal het vanavond gaan proberen, Ik zit al op een Nederlands Atkins forum, heel gezellig maar soms is het leuk een beetje in je eigen taal te babbelen. Maar ik zal ook heir regelmatig terug komen hoor, deze spreekt me ook aan. En trouwens ik heet Lorna. tot ziens
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 12:20

hi Lorna,
wat is je Nederlands goed!!! het gaat er bij ons voornamelijk om in de eigen taal te kunnen vragen wat er bedoeld wordt met sommige ingrediënten en opmerkingen op andere lijsten. op welke lijst zit jij?
groetjes
Willeke
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 12:33

BF:
Progress:
Wink

Hi Willeka, It was interesting to read all about you yesterday, it looks like a beautiful place to live where you are in Ireland, aren't you lucky. Will you still keep this list when you go to the States. I'll be wonderful to live near your children and grandchildren though, I wish you all the very best for the future. That is really the worst thing about living outside your own country, you miss your family a lot and espescially your kids. My son lives in London with his partner. He's in the RAF so the last few years he's moved around the world a lot but hopefully now he can stay put for about five years. Don't get to see much of them but we mail and telephone often. Were hoping to go over in the spring, so looking forward to that. He'll be surprised to see his new slimmer mum,and I can't wait to get in the shops. They seem to have a much wider range of lc goods on sale over there. Whats it like where you are. Here in Holland there's very little, apart from fresh stuff which is really good, you have to really hunt for anything else. Had a free day yesterday so went off into town, took me nearly 4hours to find lijnzaad olie, protien powder and a couple of other simple things. Came off induction today, so treated myself to yoghurt for breakfast, mixed some protein powder in it mmmmmmmm delicious. Made a change from eggs. How are you doing on Atkins, ? how long have you been doing it, ? is it really as effective as they claim, ? I know I've lost 6kg in two weeks on induction, but then I always loose well in the first couple of weeks of any diet. The reason I'm going to continue with lc is the way I feel, got loads of energy, my mood swings have dissapeard, I'm never that hungry, and I just feel Good. Its great dont you think. My other list is Lowcarbdutchie, also a good one, the ladies come up with some good recipes, and they're lighthearted about it all, though very serious Atkinsers. And yours of course!!!! coincidence or what? Thought I was seeing double for a minute. Ha Ha. Take care. Lorna
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Thumbs up

Héééé... zo veel Nederlanders hier, dat had ik niet verwacht. Jullie zijn dus toch geen stamppot-volk?
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 05:22

Stats: 133/130/120 Female 167cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi L. Smith or anyone who wants to chat
I am new to Atkins and to the Forum so we I go. I have been sticking simply to eggs, cheese, fish meat, veggies and salad. Happily I have a few jars of Hellmans but I have found very little in the supermarket that I can eat. What is this pork rind that everyone talks about? Do you have any helping hints on anything? When I am in a cafe how can I have a black coffee with unsweeteened cream? How can I check that the salad dressing is without sugar? What is lowcarbdutchie? What protein powder are you eating? Sorry for all the questions but I feel frustrated that there is so little lc to buy. I am pleased to say that I am nevery hungry but the eggs and doing their best to bring my bowels movements to a halt.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 15:56

hi Honeyless,
you will be able to find a lot of Atkins products in the shops soon, they are working on breakfast bars etcetera. I live in Texas now and it's wonderful to be able to get all that so easily, and your time will come, too.
pork rinds = bacon crisps

look on yahoogroups.com, there is an atkins list for Dutch people with lots of tips.

good luck, gewoon doorgaan!
Willeke
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 16:23
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyless
... Happily I have a few jars of Hellmans but I have found very little in the supermarket that I can eat. ......When I am in a cafe how can I have a black coffee with unsweeteened cream? How can I check that the salad dressing is without sugar? What is lowcarbdutchie? ...I am pleased to say that I am nevery hungry but the eggs and doing their best to bring my bowels movements to a halt.

Have you found a copy of the Dr. Atkins book? A LOT of questions, like that about the bowels, is answered in such a boek. Also available online, try a veteran website like www.lowcarb.org or www.atkins.com or www.eatprotein.com and search "constipation" or "fiber". Try increasing your green leafy vegetables only, like spinach or kale or chard or witloof....with boter! Also drink much more fresh water.

Yes you can have coffee with unsweetened cream, but best to have decaffeinated coffee if possible. Again, any good low carb book will help with that question, too.

Your salad dressing package or bottle should have ingredients/ingrediënten
information that will list whether there is added sugar or not. Also, look for carbohydrate (koolhydraten) count per 100g, then deduct (trek af) the fiber count on European package, which gives you the usable (bruikbaar?) carbohydrate count per serving if you use approximately 25-28 grams or mL of salad dressing.

I found also the lowcarbdutchie website for you, it's at http://www.low-carbdutchie.com/ and I'm sure a LOT of this kind of information for beginners is also available there, it looks very comprehensive (uitvoerig?) from the menu bar, though my Nedelandse simply isn't good enough for the rest of the content! I haven't spoken much since kindegarten...

Hope this is helpful....

signed Judith v.d.Broek over in Western Canada!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Have you found a copy of the Dr. Atkins book? A LOT of questions, like that about the bowels, is answered in such a boek.

Also, look for carbohydrate (koolhydraten) count per 100g, then deduct (trek af) the fiber count on European package, which gives you the usable (bruikbaar?) carbohydrate count per serving if you use approximately 25-28 grams or mL of salad dressing.
signed Judith v.d.Broek over in Western Canada!

In the book you will also find that in the Netherlands the fiber count has allready been subtracted from the total carbohydrate count, so the carbs per 100 gram are NETT carbs.

Willeke
(vertaler Atkins boeken)
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 04:05

Stats: 133/130/120 Female 167cm
BF:
Progress:
Default No weight loss

Help me please someone
I have been following the low carb diet according to the book but have not lost any weight. I am not on any medication. I take St John's Wort, calcium and evening primrose oil. Am I resistant somehow? Could it be a yeast problem?