Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-05, 16:58

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi:

Here is a link explaining how to start a journal. Let me know how it goes. How to start a journal.

We celebrated Eli's birthday today and it was a blast. The kid wants for nothing!!!

Vi ses!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 07:03
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Help!!

I'm from the US and I'm looking for cast iron rosette irons that make swedish fried cookies in the shapes of the irons used.

Here's a US website that sells the cast alumium ones so that you'll know what I'm talking about: http://fantes.com/rosettes.htm#molds.

Cast iron molds are no longer made in the US, the only ones available here are cast aluminum which don't work as well.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Are they available in Sweden still? Is there a supplier where I can order them directly?

If they can be purchased there but cannot be ordered by me directly, I don't speak Swedish, of course, I am willing to pay all charges involved in their procurement.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me on this search.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 12:10

Plan: BFFM
Stats: 275/265/245 Female 165cm 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Hi:

Here is a link explaining how to start a journal. Let me know how it goes. How to start a journal.

We celebrated Eli's birthday today and it was a blast. The kid wants for nothing!!!

Vi ses!
THANK YOU for the link. I am so glad the party was a huge success!!!!
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 05:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
Help!!

I'm from the US and I'm looking for cast iron rosette irons that make swedish fried cookies in the shapes of the irons used.

Here's a US website that sells the cast alumium ones so that you'll know what I'm talking about: http://fantes.com/rosettes.htm#molds.

Cast iron molds are no longer made in the US, the only ones available here are cast aluminum which don't work as well.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Are they available in Sweden still? Is there a supplier where I can order them directly?

If they can be purchased there but cannot be ordered by me directly, I don't speak Swedish, of course, I am willing to pay all charges involved in their procurement.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me on this search.

Hi there:

I'm trying to find some info for you. Are you wanting the forms that make little tart bottoms or the ones that look like cookies (the ones that look like cookie cutters). I haven't used them myself, but I have eaten the tart bottom ones.

Do you bake these in the oven or fry them in a skillet? Like I said, I have not used them myself. I have enlisted the help of my SO's mom. She is looking for what I described in cast iron in one of her catalogs. Maybe we will have luck.

If you can give me a little further, it might help.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 05:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plavala
THANK YOU for the link. I am so glad the party was a huge success!!!!

Thanks.

I hope as is well with you.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 15:53

Plan: Lars-Erik Litsfeldt (Swe)
Stats: 242/200.6/187 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi,
Another Swede to join (Vallentuna north of Stockholm). Is this forum still active in any way?
A tip on yet another lowcarb group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lowcarbsweden/
This (I think) is a revival of Heather's group, but with a slightly different name?
We have tried to open a database there with recommendations for lowcarb restaurants in different towns in Sweden, but so far the result is poor. Maybe you all 'veterans' could help out here and pour some more reasonable restaurants into that database?
I think it is ok to post entries in English, if you prefer.

I have been doing lowcarb since mid Dec (a bad time to start in Sweden with Lucia, Christmas, New Year and then a Christening party of my brother's daughter on top of that...), but so far I have lost 6 kg, which I think is quite good considering the timing.

I feel much better in my body, less hunger, a more comfortable stomach, less tired. I do agree that it is not easy here with everyone taking on a lowfat-highcarb attitude, but I think this might be slowly changing. Will go to California this summer, and from what I have seen on the web it will be pretty easy to find lowcarb restaurants, shops etc. I guess I will have to try out some of those products. If you can give me any advice on what I shouldn't miss, please let me know...

Take care and have a fatty day!
Eva
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 17:08

BF:

Hi Eva:

Some of us are still around here.

There are people who participate in the forum from Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.

I don't know how much help I would be with adding restaurants to your list. It seems to me that so many of the restaurants serve the same type of food here, unless you go for Thai, Chinese or McDonalds. I guess you see we have lots of options here in Ystad. lol

You're making great progress and I know what you mean about it not being easy. My sambo's mom thinks I am nutso for not eating bread, potatoes and such, but she does really try to accomodate me when we eat with her.

Wow, California, huh! I am a born and bred California girl. Where are you headed in California this summer?

If you want you can visit my journal and we could share other info. You never know what new product might pop up! You might want to start a journal yourself.

Ha det så bra!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 21:46
Phoenixa

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Hi Eva!
Welcome!

I'm still active here, know lovely Heather too, but I'm not writing much LC-orientated talk at the mo, unfortunately... We are a small but steady gang from Sweden, Norway and Denmark still hanging on to this great forum, since 2003. I guess the most diligent LC-er of us would be Nillesen from Norway... You will find her as "Nille" in the bootcamp. "Titanic"/Jolly from Denmark is another longterm participant.

Bestest of luck, Eva!
LC is the greatest thing. Nothing has ever made me feel better or lose weight in such a pleasant, healthy and yummy way than Atkins et al.

As for restaurants... I still wait for LC-specialized ones. Even thought of opening one myself here in Malmo, as another silly business thought... Well it will surface one day, in one or the other regime, that's for sure.

Cheers!

/jeels
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 15:32

BF:

Hi,

Thanks for your support! Will have a look at the journal, thanks for the tip, this site is not one of the easiest to navigate...

Opening a restaurant in Malmö would perhaps be a great idea, if it is not premature? You would need enough lowcarbers to get started, don't know how large a community it might be down there?

When I was recently in an ordinary grocery shop (Konsum) I started to think how different that shop would be should it carry only lowcarb products. Just imagine... no bread shelves, virtually no processed food, no light products in the dairy department, perhaps a larger selection of high-quality vegetables, meat and fish. On top of that almost the entire candy department including coke, fanta etc would be gone...

I wonder who is going to open the first of that kind of shop here, and when? It will be very interesting to see if I can find such a shop in California.

We will be going first to San Francisco, then rent a car to go down to San Diego, where we are switching houses with another couple. We'll be there for three weeks, so plenty of time to shop around for interesting lowcarb products.

Cheers, Eva
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 12:38

BF:

Hi again,
Anyone there?
On Tuesday I went to a surprise party for a collegue who will soon turn 50, and decided I wouldn't be too strict on the lowcarb regime. We went to a Korean restaurant with a buffet, so I gathered it wouldn't be too bad. I hade some Korean soup, some Korean vegetables like kimchi and others, followed by some meat: thin slices of steak, chicken leg, etc.
The non low-carb dishes were limited to 1 deep-fried shrimp, 1 tiny Thai springroll and finally a small piece of her birthday cake (orange mousse).
I thought I would get away with this slight slip, but not so. The next two days I went up 0.9 kg!
Have you also experienced such severe effects after small diversions from the low-carb menu?

This morning I was down a little again, but I reckon it will be a week before I am back to before her party..
Thanks, Eva
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 08:46

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 191/175.7/132 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi all!
I live in Göteborg with my fiancee, I'm italian and I have been living here for almost a year.
I started Atkins last summer but then I went back to Italy for holidays and I fell off the wagon!
I find very difficult to shop low-carb here when everyone seems to eat lots of potatoes and bread every day!
Do you know of any online store that delivers to Sweden? Like European store?
I want to buy flax flour to make the bread!

Eva: maybe you gained weight not for what you ate, there are fluctuations anyway!

Nico