Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-12, 11:16

Plan: My Own Low Carb thing
Stats: 353/303.8/199 Female 5'9"
BF:Yeah I got some...
Progress: 32%
Default Wow what a difference

Ive been taking 200mcg of thyroid meds for years...a couple of years ago the doc after blood tests changed it to 300mcg...well Ive been feeling cruddy for weeks and weeks and then I had a period that just wouldnt stop...it was 6ish weeks long so went back to have levels checked and the TSH (sorry I dont remember what its called) was 0.13....the doc told me NO WONDER it was a horrible level...so ive been back on 200mcg of synthroid for about 3 weeks and WOW do I feel better! Thank Goodness....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-12, 17:45

Plan: cad,calp
Stats: 244.5/244.5/150 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

doctors overdosed me on thyroid medication was having heart pain
lowered level now fine
i guess its trial and error
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-12, 16:52

Plan: HCG Diet
Stats: 215.5/191.1/155 Female 177cm
BF:Human twinkie
Progress: 40%

I have to say, I've given up on doctors - my own careful research and experimentation has proven WAY more successful! And faster... and cheaper... lol.

I've acquired some natural desiccated thyroid-s, and am going to begin treatment in a few weeks (giving my adrenals some more time to rest and heal).

I'm so ready to feel better for the first time in my adult life.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-12, 14:50

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Life
went back to have levels checked and the TSH (sorry I dont remember what its called) was 0.13....the doc told me NO WONDER it was a horrible level...so ive been back on 200mcg of synthroid for about 3 weeks and WOW do I feel better! Thank Goodness....
My TSH is about 0.13 also, or was last time it was checked. But in general it's a pretty meaningless number and I'm glad my NP is okay with that, as I think I need to UP my dosage of NDT. But I was on synthroid for 2 years (before I found someone who would prescribe NDT - but now I've lost her since she went flat-out vegan, and I moved 1000 miles away) and it did nothing for me, either good or bad. Apparently my body doesn't convert T4 to T3 very well, not uncommon!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-12, 14:51

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita82
I have to say, I've given up on doctors - my own careful research and experimentation has proven WAY more successful! And faster... and cheaper... lol.

I've acquired some natural desiccated thyroid-s, and am going to begin treatment in a few weeks (giving my adrenals some more time to rest and heal).
I'm pretty much with you on this one. Just about impossible to find medical providers who will dose and treat thyroid properly!