Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Plan comparison
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 06:48

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default The X-Factor Diet

Here is a summary of the X-Factor Diet which seems to be taking the UK by storm - if anyone wants any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The X FACTOR Diet – by Leslie Kenton

Published January 2002 (ISBN 0-09-1857457) (Publisher: Vermillion)

The X Factor book is a mine of information, yet straightforward and simple to grasp, and well researched. Syndrome X - insulin resistance syndrome – is fully explained and how everyone is affected by this, not just those who are overweight. We have been genetically programmed by our paleolithic ancestors for the low carb way of eating, and by following it, we can achieve not only weight loss but a much healthier mind and body.

The book contains two diets - Ketogenics and Insulin Balance

Ketogenics (for those women who have more than 35% fat/ men 22%, anyone who has been unable to lose weight , if you are a borderline Type II diabetic, or you need to kickstart your system) which is based on a maximum of 20% of calories from carbohydrates (mainly vegetables rich in phyto-nutrients), 30% fat and 50% protein.

A typical Ketogenic menu would be: spinach omelette, two strips of crispy bacon and herb tea for breakfast; Chef's salad with chicken slices, 28g parmesan cheese and advocado for lunch; Grilled lmb chops garnished with mint leaves, served with cauliflower 'mashed potatoes' side salad of cucumber, endive and walnuts.

Insulin Balance (for women with less than 35% body fat/22% men, you are generally healthy and want to avoid the development of insulin resistance, you want to live longer and look better, and want to protect yourself from degenerative disease and hormonal inbalances) which is based on 35% carbs, 35% protein and 30% 'good' fats.

At typical Insulin Balance menu would consist of: Vanilla Nutmeg Smoothi for breakfast,; snack of 1 hard-boiled egg, lunch of chicken kebabs skewered with onion pieces, red pepper and mushrooms dipped in oliver oil; snack of pork rinds; dinner of courgette spaghetti tossed with parmesan and sautéed garlic, crumbled hand-made sausage, minced chilli, slice peach served with Almond Macaroons

Totally fresh, organic and unprocessed foods is advocated on both diets. Processed foods are a definite no-no. Importance is also placed on omega-3 fatty acids, soya and whey protein as food sources. Butter, cream and cheese are allowed, but in very small amounts.

The X-Factor is definitely worth a read. Everything is explained clearly and concisely, there is an extensive trouble shooting chapter, an idot's guide and some fabulous recipes – (which is especially good if you're from the UK, because all the ingredients are readily available). And if it's fresh and completely natural that you're after, then this is the diet for you.

Leslie Kenton was an editor of Harpers & Queen for 14 years, and has written more than 30 best-selling books on health, personal development and spiritual power. She is described by the media as 'the guru of health and fitness'. Television credits include her cookery series 'Raw Energy' and 'Ageless Ageing'. Leslie has been a consultant to the European Parliament, a course developer for Britain's Open University, developed major cosmetic ranges and natural health products throughout the world. She is the daughter of the late American Jazz musician, Stan Kenton.

You can check out Leslie's website at www.lesliekenton.com
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 15:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/160.06/130
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hello Demi,

That was very interesting. I'd love to know more
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 20:31

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Im am reading this book at the moment and am finding it great
Ive read lots of LC books but I feel this one will top my list
I think it will be the next step for me, I had put off buying it cos I thought it looked like it was copied off Atkins but it much more than that.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 14:16

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Thought others may be interested in this link to Leslie's own site where theres quite a lot of info on the X-Factor book
Just click HERE to gon straight there