Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 22:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

eggs, bacon, cream cheese, ground beef, lettuce, diet rite, mushrooms, and variety of hard cheeses.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 19:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/153/130 Female 5' 8
BF:for/get/it
Progress: 28%

celery & "garden vegetable" cream cheese
shredded cheddar cheese
eggs
bacon & ham
butter
bottled water
frozen broccolli & cauliflower
bag salad & bag spinach
chicken breasts
frozen hamburger patties
  #168   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 20:44

Plan: MD/SC
Stats: 220/184/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Talking

Heavy cream
Bacon
Butter
cream cheese
eggs
  #169   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 08:25
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

Well I guess most of us are pretty much the same.
Eggs, eggs eggs
cream cheese
cheddar cheese
mozza cheese
butter
asparagus (by the cart full)
raw spinach (also by the cart)
meats and poultry
Franks Hot Sauce
other veggies

Oh ya and crap food for the rest of the family. My hubby had Teriyaki and hot wings with me last night. 1st time he has eaten anything that had lc connected to it. He thought Atkins Teriyaki sauce was good.
  #170   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 01:46

Stats: 283.5/259.5/160 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 19%

eggs
cheese
deli meat
string cheese
hamburger patties
cream
1 carb heinz ketchup
asparugus
green beans
bacon
  #171   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: Curves for Women
Stats: 208/189/130 Female 5 ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

eggs
cheddar cheese
havarti cheese
parmesan cheese
colby jack cheese (eh can you tell I like cheese?)
breakfast sausage
mushrooms
lettuce
hamburger
sirloin steaks
orange roughy fish
cottage cheese
yogurt (for my 10 month old)
Diet Rite soda (cola rox!)
white onions
sliced chicken breast
sliced roast beef
  #172   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 10:54
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

When my fridge is stocked up I have these...I always buy cheese and cream, eggs and butter..they are pretty much staples in my cooking.

Eggs, mayo, butter, cheddar cheese, American cheese slices, Mozzarella, parmesan, cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, half&Half, Blue cheese salad dressing, all kinds of meat (beef, chicken, pork, I use alot of ground beef & chicken breasts),pepperoni, Frozen spinach, frozen cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, celery, mushrooms, turnips, white onions, green onions, lemons, LC yogurt, LC coffee cream, Water, Diet pepsi, Kool-aid sweetened w/stevia, kikoman soy sauce, mustard, minced garlic or fresh, Worcestershire Sauce, Hot Sauce, Jalapeños, Green Olives, SF pancake syrup, have apple sauce sweetened with splenda but, don't eat it.lol Oh and Almonds...and Soy flour(I keep in the fridge) Sometimes Tomatos. Avocado if they are ripe.
Had to take a couple of trips to the fridge to get the entire list!

The rest of the higher carb stuff my kids and DH eat/drink, milk, juice, sodas, bread, jam, hotdogs(if cured with sugar gives me cravings), ketchup, fruits...etc.

Talk about $$$ grocery bill!!!
  #173   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 12:31

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Default Wow!!!

I NEVER realized how restrictive Neanderthin is compared to this! Out of what you have listed above, I can have eggs, meat, veggies, water, mustard, jalepenos and olives, nuts and avocados...Although, I DON'T COUNT anything on my list of stuff I can eat...that's a big plus to me after years of WW and "trying" Atkins four times and not making it because it was just too much work trying to figure all of the stuff about carbs. I guess I got really sick of making counting so much a part of my life with WW. Not many people seem to think the way I do about Neanderthin, but I feel fantastic, have lost a ton of weight and am keeping it off for going on two and a half years..to everyone his/her own, I guess. I have to admit, I wouldn't mind a creamed, cheesed-up asparagus from time to time, or something like that but being as how I'm terribly allergic to milk products, it's just as well.
  #174   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 10:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/135/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Cooking Oil

I love to fry...chicken, fish, steak you name it. Does the atkins diet allow you to fry your foods or do i have to use the george forman grill all the time?

Thanks
  #175   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 12:38
Registered Member

Stats: 251/200/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have read that using ground nuts or pork rinds makes a crispy coating. Sounds very yummy to me.
  #176   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 12:58

Stats: 140/135/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Atkins Diet

i've noticed no one has corn on their grocery list. Is this type of vegetable not allowed?
  #177   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 01:55

Stats: 312/282/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

I have seen no one add bratwurst ( sorry if I spelled that wrong ).

I always have to buy the Cheddar bratwurst.. Theyre so good! And only two carbs per.
Italian sausage
Pork Sausage - ground or in patties ( has less carbs )
Cheese - Mozz., cheddar, american, the shredded mixed bags of cheese, and parmasan ( again, sorry for the spelling )

Salad stuff -
mixed bag of just greens... normally romaine, greenleaf and Iceburg
Bacon bits
chicken strips ( lemon pepper and grilled )
Carb-well Italian and Ranch dressings

* Ranch goes on practicly everything... Good thing they made some without carbs!

String cheese
eggs ( as almost everyone said )
Slim Jims ( theyre a bit greasy but SOOO good! )
Pepperoni ( good for snacking or even in salads! )
SLICED turkey ( as in lunch meat... I dont particularly like it other ways )\
Chicken pieces
Diet drinks ( Diet coke with Lime, Lemon, or Vanilla, Diet Brisk Iced Tea, Diet 7up or Sprite [the new kind is Sprite Zero, but its the same thing], and Crystal Lite ( it has no carbs, and theres a kind that tastes almost like orange juice! )
SF Jello ( The variety kinds, or the kind u can make at home, and make sparkling jello )
Mushrooms
Broccoli
pre-made meatballs
Pork chops
Palomia steaks ( Theyre really thin steaks.. )

Seasonings -
Mrs. Dash ( the table blend, any of the other kind is gross to me )
Accent ( better for you than salt, and still has no carbs (: )
Garlic powder ( for the sauteed mushrooms )

Low carb yogurt... Theres some now with only three carbs per cup, and theres vanilla, blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry At least they stick to the kind with the least carbs! Theyre really good when you want a cold treat.

I think thats about it... Im not big on veggies, and I dont particularly like to try anything new, so I stick with the stuff I KNOW I'll like
  #178   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 20:02
library diva

Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

ok this is my very first post but I loved reading this thread so much I thought it was as good a place as any to start.

In the fridge/pantry:

chuck roast
ground beef
lamb patties
chicken
tilapia
spinach
romaine
celery
green olives
white cheddar
fontina cheese
parmesean cheese
bleu cheese
feta cheese
sharp cheddar
lorraine swiss
eggs
cream
butter
mayo
mustard (dijon and yellow)
pork rinds (fabulous for crusts)
Atkins Morning start bars- apple crisp
splenda
soy protein powder
hot dogs
olive oil
spices,spices,spices
sugar free jello
jalapenos
fresh herbs (parsely, thyme,dill,basil)
diet root beer
bacon
sausage
Roasted Rotisserre Turkey
Garlic Bologna
spaghetti squash (make with butter and pumpkin pie spices)

There's probably some more that I can't recall, but this is the usual when I go grocery shopping. I've noticed it's more expensive now than before I was doing LC, b/c I'm eating alot more meat- however, I'm barely eating 'out' at all, so it probably evens out
  #179   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 01:50

Plan: My own
Stats: ***/***/*** Female 5'5"
BF:100%
Progress: 6%

I know this thread is old but I enjoyed reading all the stuff that was in peoples fridges... gives some new ideas!
Quote:
i've noticed no one has corn on their grocery list. Is this type of vegetable not allowed?
I don't know if you're still around lil2thick, but no, corn is usually not allowed on Atkin's or any LC plan. You shouldn't eat it anyway, it can stay in your system for months!

Sullengirl... I love Johnsonville bratwurst... it's awesome... also the garlic one is great!

Well, here is my list on a normal day...

Frozen, boneless, skinless breast strips (really easy to just pull a few out)
Chicken thighs
Ground beef
Steaks
Pork chops
usually one at a time pork roast, beef roast, a whole turkey or whole chickens for the rotisserie
Bacon
Fresh sausage, or smoked
Ham slices
Big box of burgers and hotdogs
Many diff kinds of cheeses
Eggs, of course
Buttermilk
Garlic Pickles
Hot peppers
Lettuce
Cabbage
Cherry tomatoes
Yogurt
Green beans
Asparagus
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Spinach
Ranch dressing (always a must)
Mayo
Tons of butter
And on top of the fridge is my sunflower seeds, cajun nut mix and slimjims (I think my only processed garbage)
I do have carb-something-or-other cookies and ice cream, but I haven't had any of these and I don't know if I want to!

Maybe we could get this thread goin again!?
  #180   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 15:35

Stats: 226/187/160 Male 5'9"
BF:More/ than I /like
Progress: 59%

Great set of lists, looks like I'm pretty much doing the right thing as there isn't much listed that I either don't have or never considered.

A few things though - a couple of folks mentioned Newman's Ranch dressing - My GF picked up a bottle of his Creamy Italian and I found it had relatively high carbs, and 'illegal' sweeteners - we haven't given the bottle away yet. It has 2g carbs / 2TBS serving, and lists sugar as a "2% or less" ingredient. Maybe the ranch is better.

IMHO the 0 carb dressings that I've tried so far have left us pretty underwhelmed. The ranch is tolerable, but the rest fall in the 'bland and tasteless' category, especially the so-called 'Blue Cheese' varieties uke: I've decided that after I've used up the stuff we have on hand I'm going to start making my own - it might be higher carb, but I want something with TASTE!

Possibly one of our biggest concerns is bacon / ham / sausages / deli meats - we have checked every major supermarket chain in our area (DeMoula's MarketBasket; Stop & Shop; Wild Harvest (organic chain); Roche Bros; Hannafords, etc) and several small ones and found that nearly ALL the available meats have sugar or other sweeteners listed in the ingredients. The only exceptions were some of the Hebrew National brand kosher meats, and I just found today that Hannafords house brand Lo sodium bacon doesn't have sweeteners and neither do their 'extra hot' Italian Sausages (the rest do) - Even the organic grocery's meats were sweetened, just w/ 'raw sugar' instead of '*ose'

Now Atkins says "NO sugars" so we haven't been purchasing these items (and we miss them, as they 'should' be legal and we liked them back in the pre-LC days. So now I see them on lots of lists - are people ignoring the sugars (I will say that the sweet stuff is usually way down next to the preservatives on the ingredient list, and the labels still claim 0 or 1 carb) as a non-problem? Or are you getting sugar free versions - if so WHERE???

Lastly, there was some discussion about ways to cook eggplant... I make 'mini-pizzaoids out of it.

Peel eggplant, slice crosswise into rounds approx 1/4 - 3/8" thick. Dunk rounds in seasoned olive oil and place on cookie sheet or jelly roll pan (I foil cover the pan for easier cleanup) Bake in 350*F oven ~15 minutes until the eggplant starts to brown a bit. Remove from oven, and smear a dab of tomato paste on the top of each round, then sprinkle with oregano and your favorite other italian spices. Optionally add your favorite pizza toppings (pepperoni, anchovies, burger, 'shrooms, peppers, etc.) and cover w/ mozzerrella cheese (or other favorite good melting cheese) and return to oven for a few minutes until cheese melts. This was actually something I used to make occasionally back in my pre-LC days, and I'm glad to find it's something that is still 'legal'

Gooserider