Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/154/148 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Yeast free?

Hi, I just have a general query and wanted to know if anybody could help me?

Im following a low carb and yeast free diet, since i recently found out i am intially allergic/intolerant to yeast, and this brought up many other intolerances to things like chicken and even fish oil! but fundamentally it is due to me not being able to tolerate yeast..

I have been taking certain 'whole food' and sometimes synthetic vitamin and mineral supplements, some quite expensive too, but i have been reading that they actually cultivate alot of these vitamins/minerals from yeast, before they are extracted into a capsule/tablet form... Would this mean that maybe these supplements could potentially cause a problem for me?

Theres a few new supplement brands i have been trying out recently and i noticed that non of them say yeast free on the packaging, and one company called garden of life, have a 'raw' whole food multivitamin but it is specifically stated that these are whole food nutrients cultured from yeast?!?

Im confused.. I just want to avoid yeast and anything to do with yeast full stop but now im thinking maybe it might be all the supplements i take that could be causing me a problem...

Does anyone know anything on this matter???

thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-10, 01:25

Plan: Vegetarian LC
Stats: 148/137/132 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hello, I'm not an expert on food supplements and buy mine from iherb. I just read the description when choosing.

I don't know wheter this will help you? Here is a link for yeast free FS:

http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=yeas...d%20supplements
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: 127/127/127 Male 165cm
BF:
Progress:

I take Centrum multivitamin/multimineral supplement. It is supposed to be yeast free.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-10, 06:05
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

A lot of companies do unfortunately add yeast, soy and other additives to vitamin and mineral supplements.

Solgar does a good range which is free of most of those. I have to read all the packaging too, so you're not alone.