Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-08, 07:36

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%
Default Tofu "french toast"

I had a killer craving for french toast this morning and this is what I came up with.. I don't have exact measurements but I think it will be pretty easy for most to figure out.

To prepare the tofu:
Drain 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu really well (I weighted mine down for a bit and blotted them with paper towels after slicing to make sure they were good and dry). Slice the tofu into thin slices ( you should have 8-10 slices) and blot with a paper towel to dry off.

For the mixtures you will dip the tofu in:
On a small plate sprinkle enought Vanilla whey protein powder and cinnamon to cover the slices. (I would start with 1/2 cup or so vanilla whey powder and just sprinkle cinnamon on top between dipping slices because you can always add more) For the second mixture beat with a fork until mixed 2 eggs, a capful each of vanilla and cinnamon davinci syrup, a small splash of half and half.

To cook the tofu:
Heat a couple TBLS butter (I think butter is needed for flavor here rather than oil or no stick spray) in a large non-stick skillet. Make sure it's a lower heat so you don't burn the butter. Dip the slices of tofu first in the whey mixture then into the egg mixture and place in the frying pan. Fry in the butter until nicely browned on each side. Top with butter and SF syrup.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 00:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/165/150 Female 5ft. 9in.
BF:
Progress: 75%

Sounds good. Thanks! I just bought some firm tofu today, so I may have to try this in the morning for breakfast.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-08, 18:40

Plan: <1250 cal - Flexitarian
Stats: 243/199/130 Female 5'3.5"
BF:57%/Ugh/22%
Progress: 39%

What a great idea! Thanks!