Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-06, 18:58

Plan: SPII
Stats: 50/35/01 Female 5"9"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Going off AS

Hi all,

I read TSP a few years ago, and like many others, I was not interested in gaining before I lost, so I did Atkins instead. Lost it all and gained it all back - yikes! So here I am looking for something that will work longterm.

I tried Atkins and ended up eating all fat and frankenfood, tried WW and ended up eating all starch and Frankenfood - so hopefully this will be the answer.

At any rate, the first thing I did was go off Artificial sweeteners. I had a bad AS habit with multiple diet sodas a day. I thought I was going to die going off AS. I stopped cold turkey, but had to eat tons of sugar to get through the day - my cravings were unbelievable. After 3 days it subsided and I was okay. I think with no AS my food cravings are down over all. My problem with WW and Atkins were what I call "rummaging". I wouldn't even be hungry, I might have just finished eating, but I'd catch myself rummaging through the cabinets for something to eat. This seems to have subsided as well.

Does anyone else have any AS stories?

Nanci
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-06, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Going off AS

Hi Nanci,

Your experiences with AS are pretty severe, I would think. Whenever I eat products with AS, either I don't feel well in general, or I get a headache or gut upset (if I take in too much of it).

My wife and I both use Stevia, honey, or if it's "already in there", one of the many forms of refined sugar.

Sounds like your cravings have pretty well subsided. If they come back again, you can probably control them with Chromium.

Welcome to the SB forum. Be prepared to improve your patience as well as your health, as you heal first and then get weight under control. The good news is that you will be eating real, geniune food - and feeling well - in the process!

Blessings,

-Don
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-06, 17:33
Registered Member

Plan: SPI
Stats: 154/165/132 Female 168
BF:33%
Progress: -50%
Smile

Hi Naci,
I was similar to you. used to eat masses of AS (and I mean heaps that my swear my liver and kidneys was screaming at me to stop) because of the 'no calories'. it was in my yogurt, protein powder (and I had 3 a day), my diet soft drinks (diet coke and lemonade, probably 2-3 a day), my chewing gum (to save calories) in my protein bars, and in black tea and coffee I drank (probably 4 or 5 a day) on a daily basis.
AS is now completely out of my diet and I was in chronic pain for 2 solids days when I got off it...major headaches and migraines, fatigue so bad all I wanted to do was sleep. Imagine, with those withdrawals the damage it was doing to my brain and organs!!!! YIKES
But as Don said, the pleasure in eating real food, as opposed to refined, fake and aritifical food makes all the difference.
I feel fuller, can concentrate better and my sugar craving have carmed down since being off the AS.
And Dons right abou getting your health right first, by focusing on the diet, getting plenty of sleep and now that your off the AS your on your way to awsome health.
Well Done, its a hard task and I know soo many of my girl friends who are killing themselves with the amount they drink in order to save calories. You've probably knocked 10years off your life giving up those chemicals.
keep us posted on your progress.
Take Care,
Stacey
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-06, 12:13

Plan: SPII
Stats: 50/35/01 Female 5"9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thanks for sharing and the support. I just thank my lucky stars I don't have smoking or drug use to kick too! I started a new thread on caffeine. I'm starting my second day of no caffeine, but I tapered so I don't expect bad effects, (fingers crossed).

BTW, eating the good food for me is the easy part. I love vegetables. So as long as I have some meat that's either easy to cook or already cooked, I can make pretty easy meals. It's then staying away from the junk after that I have trouble with!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-06, 15:01

Plan: dr. schwartzbein
Stats: 178/178/150 Female 1.65 m
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi i statred tsp a week a go and i feel great .i had a cup of coffee in the morning w/3 pac of as and during the day shots of diet coke to keep me going( I have 4 children )I quit all that along with my yo-yo dieting, i was suffering from mounstrous PMS low hormones, and now i feel much better . i hope i see any wieight lose,that is also one of the reason I doing it ,I drink tea with cream(decaf chi) and helps me with my craving of coffee, i wish you good luck