Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-29-06, 22:44
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Yet Another Newbie

Hi!

Looks like I'm the only guy who's posting (and it looks like one of just a few at the moment...)

My naturopath suggested that my wife and I read a Schwarzbein book. Since he didn't specify which one (and it was difficult to tell which book covered what, even from the reviews), we bought them all - including the cookbook!

After reading the books, we felt this way of living just made a whole lot of sense. I've been through Atkins, calorie counting, The Zone, the Fat Flush, and probably a few others over the past 30 years, but all of them really did seem like they were temporary fixes to a lasting problem.

I started "beining" a couple of weeks ago, after deciding I was both insulin resistant and adrenal-damaged (my naturopath told me I was "Syndrome X"). The first week I lost a few pounds, typical of a change in diet from eating lots of nasties. I also felt great (also typical of the first week) and my blood pressure dropped so quickly I had to cut my med in half!

But last week, I felt very tired, and although I actually did drop another 2 pounds, my BP went back up, so I'm back on full med dosage. In fact, my BP may even be a little higher than when I started. Seems to me I remember reading somewhere in all those pages that not only do some people gain weight temporarily on this program, but some people's BP goes up, too. Can't seem to find it in the books, though.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know of someone who has?

-Don

PS: Those Blue Diamond Nut Thins really do rock!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 12:26
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Quote:
Those Blue Diamond Nut Thins really do rock!!

Thanks.

Just stick with it, it will serve you well.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 09:29

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 172/157/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi BoomerGuy,

Welcome to SP. I don't have higher BP but if you stick with the program it will probably normalize. Hang in there, the first few weeks are an adjustment.

I too love those Blue Diamond almond thins!

Di