Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 11:34

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 134/133.5/124 Female 61.5
BF:
Progress:
Default Xylitol

I am waiting for my SP The Program book and I have been reading your threads. I have been on the first book about 3 years ago and the doctor doesn't mention the sweetner Xylitol. Is that sweetner okay to use? It is supposed to be made in the body also and is good for your teeth and bones.

Also does she talk about replacing hormones much in this book and is anybody following her advise and using bio-identical hormines?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 16:21

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 165/152/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

She says in "The Program" that small amounts of xylitol are ok.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 09:46

Plan: SPII, IR/BOA
Stats: 267/233/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%

I am absolutely using bioidentical hormones. Compounded too. She also says that you can use a little stevia and xylitol. Although I am not sure where to find xylitol. I have heard of it though.

Marianne
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 17:56

BF:
Progress:
Default Xylitol

You can get Xyitol in a health food store or you can find it on line.

How long have you been on the bio-identical hormones and how are they working out for you? I just went to a new doctor yesterday for my hormones this will be the fourth one, I hope he is good. He seems to know alot more than the last three!

I just got my book today, but just looking at it fast it looks like the first book. But I am looking forward to reading it.

It doesn't look like there are very many people on SP, I hope that isn't any indication of how good the program is.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 18:04

BF:

I have been on the compounded hormones (this last time) for 2 months. I just had my dose adjusted. Testosterone was high. My first compound is Estradiol and Progesterone and the second is the Testosterone. I do feel better. I am not there yet but do definatly feel better.

I had been on Estradiol alone for quite a while that is a pill. I had been on compounded stuff before and it was not working. This now is working like a charm. But I do not think I was real consistent at taking it before. It is a lotion but you can also get capsules and cream.

I am also working with a nutritionist who did hair analysis and is treating with food and supplements. I would highly recommend it. She does phone consultations.

I just think SPP is brilliant. The nutritionist disagrees with some stuff but definately whole food.

Hope this helps. Marianne
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 15:53

BF:
Progress:
Default Hormones

I just went to a new doctor who seems pretty swift. He has taken blood to check my hormones levels and he will send the prescription to the pharmacy in about a week. I just read in SPP that the program will not work if your hormones aren't balanced. That struck a nerve because I went on it three years ago and nothing happened so I am hoping the hormones will make a difference.

The hair analysis sounds like a good idea is it very expensive? Right now it has cost me a small fortune for the doctor and lab tests plus I needed and X-ray turns out I have arthritis in the neck.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 16:13

BF:

The actual hair analysis was $50. Then the first visit with the nutritionist is $200 (now). Then she charges by the hour. I am not sure if phone consults are lower or not. So for example I had a phone consult to answer questions and she charged me $25. The insurance says they will cover a portion of it because I am a diabetic. Then there are supplements and she helps you find the least expensive brands and gives you recommendations as to where to look for them.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Marianne
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 22:03

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

It's funny you should mention xylitol. I pulled out a huge bag I had bought from NOW Foods in 2005 today and wondered "Is it ok to use on Schwarzbein?"

I'm pretty sick of stevia. Xylitol has to be introduced little by little, like all the alcohol sugars it can cause gas, bloating, diarrhea.