Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 11:40
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I get bored with food too. I then go and look for at least two different recipes but then I go into a slump again.
Not having much of an appitite doesn't help there either.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 16:52
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDad
Do you have ADD? That would be wild...a Bi low-carber with ADD, as I am a Gay low-carber with ADD. The conversations we could have!!!

I know someone who has ADD.

She occasionally talks about it in her journal.

And I live the life of the ADD Spouse. <whew>

Emily
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 02:19
Everyday Sane Psycho

Tholian, your name is driving me crazy, I know I seen it before... where where???
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:22
Ex-Patriot

OK, I admit it, I'm a long-time Trekkie. I've been using "Tholian" since I first got online in '98...so far, Paramount hasn't sued me. The Tholian Web was an episode in the third season of the original Star Trek series; among other things, it featured an emotional scene of Kirk (who I always fancied myself to be, in another life) issuing his "Final Orders" to the crew...being viewed by Spock and McCoy after Kirk has been presumed dead.

I sometimes sign myself "Tholian8," as I do on this forum. The 8 stands for my Enneagram type. I actually met Gez on an email list having to do with Enneagram study.

Speaking of Gez, she found my "Tholian" handle very intriguing, also. And she researched it far more than I ever had! Early in our online acquaintance, she ICQ'ed me and informed me that the Tholian race, um, never had sex. They were asexual. For more info: http://home.austin.rr.com/jdominion...ces/tholian.htm

More than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure!

Emily
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:47
Everyday Sane Psycho

I recognized it from Star Trek for I'm a closet Trekkie too. But I thought I saw it on line too. About 10 years ago I was working on a MOO and I created the Borg area, oh was that a blast! I degress..

Thanks for your reply... my curiousity can be the best of me
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 19:32
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Goooooooooooooood eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeening!!!!
hope everyone is good, hope the weekend was easy on you. it was pretty easy on me. the g/f is atkinsing with me so it certainly makes life easier. went to the beach today to find most of it gone. seems the wind is carrying away our sand. Bummer!
Winter is coming. winter is a time for comfort food for me. i used to love homemade mac and cheese or a good casserole. this is a hard time for me... i love all that heavy food... this is where i'll need strength... i guess that's why i wanted to get together with other's for spiritual comfort so i don't screw up. i like when my g/f calls me skinny!
any thoughts on this?
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 19:35
Registered Member

I'd like to make a suggestion. Could we make a permanent thread on the table of contents for GLBT?
I like the initials better, and those of us that know it, will find it.
<my humble opinion.
thank you.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 07:24
Ex-Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
i used to love homemade mac and cheese or a good casserole. this is a hard time for me... i love all that heavy food... this is where i'll need strength... i guess that's why i wanted to get together with other's for spiritual comfort so i don't screw up. i like when my g/f calls me skinny!
any thoughts on this?

I'm partial to the carbos in winter, as well. But my real downfall is booze. I don't like to drink when it's light out, just seems like the wrong time of day for me--I guess that's why I never became one of those "lost weekend" types. But now it's getting dark before 4PM here at 52 degrees north latitude, and last year (and the year before) I really lived it with the wine, eggnog, and of course that great English beer.

I've decided to have a booze free week while Gez is away with the opera company--check my journal for further details, a bit later on today. (Or actually, because of the time difference it may well be posted by the time you get to the forum today. )

Emily
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 11:35
Everyday Sane Psycho

You know you two you made me think. I find I crave baked potatoes and mac/cheese too during the cold winter. I also crave homemade beer like Winter warmers. Oh and I love eggnog with the rum and all.
I guess I was meant to be a bear for with all these foods they make me sooo sleepy...

How many on this thread are Bi? I have a question is any are: Why isn't that when you are asked if you are gay and you reply you are Bi, people treat you like you sleep with everyone?! Its so frustrating. I'm monogomous and also christian so I don't "sleep around" so why does BI have such a stigma?! To me BI means that when I fall in love it can be with a woman or a man. That's all. Doesn't mean I need both to be forfilled.. good grief. Thanks for letting me gripe.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
I'd like to make a suggestion. Could we make a permanent thread on the table of contents for GLBT?
I like the initials better, and those of us that know it, will find it.
<my humble opinion.
thank you.

Hi there! If y'all would prefer the name of this group changed to LGBT, or GLBT, just drop me a PM and I will do that.

As for a permanent home, this is it! This area of the forum is for buddies/special interest topics, so it's the right place to be.

xoDonald

Last edited by DWRolfe : Mon, Nov-17-03 at 12:00.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 13:57

Stats: ?/?/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello

Hi everybody,

I've just recently come across this low-carber forum and have been following the comments for a couple of days... I've been wobbling around on Induction for a while now and hope to make a stronger commitment by ACTUALLY SAYING (er, typing) it out loud.

I'd love to hear anybody's advice or experiences on how to deal with other people while trying to control your low-carb lifestyle/diet.

I personally don't like calling attention to the fact that I'm trying to lose weight---everybody just tries to talk you out of it, for whatever set of reasons. And I find that my life and eating routines are really wrapped up in other people's--my roommates and friends and I are generally very communal, and always share groceries and cooking. None of us eat meat very often, so in trying Induction (which I've just explained to them as 'reducing sugars and carbohydrates') they think I am eating insanely unhealthy quantities of eggs. Between veggie-habits and being pretty broke, we generally live on pasta, potatoes, bread....Also, I've been travelling for the last 7 months or so, and the inconveniences of that, plus tight budget, plus the eyes of other people (eg not wanting to offend hosts) and constant presence of co-travellers.... all makes things feel tricky. I know that if I lived alone I'd have far less trouble feeling in control (did solid chunk of induction on my own a while ago, and really started to see results), but that isn't likely to happen for at least a couple of months.
Typing this, I do realize how overly-preoccupied with other people it sounds... but even though it's not sensible it's still TRUE, and I really would appreciate anybody else's thoughts on this.

And Kassie--I totally hear your frustration about how people interpret 'bi'.... I always thought it was the handiest label to use, but turns out it's not clear at all to so many people.

Well that was a bit of a lengthy intro, wasn't it.
Um, how about Hello, nice to meet you all.

Jane
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 16:05
Everyday Sane Psycho

Jane-O, I hear ya. My sisters and my parents are always "with good intensions" trying to get me off this diet. Sigh. Thank goodness for friends here.

Ps I think a more appropriate place for this is with the other diets for I'm sure there are different things we would like to talk about, breaking out thread, What do you think?

Last edited by Lessara : Mon, Nov-17-03 at 16:10.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 16:39

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%

Hi Jane!

Welcome! The best way I've found to deal with other people is :Þ pptthh! If they can't deal with the fact that I have to do what's best for me, poo on them. I explain as much as I can, but if they don't get and don't want to get it, then there's nothing more I can do.

Hey Donald, love the new pic! WOOF!!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 01:21

Stats: ?/?/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi again.

Sorry for the misplaced post. Thanks for the welcome.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 02:13
Registered Member

I hear you Thor on the alcohol. my alcohol carbs are figured into my weekly routine regardless! There's beer on weekends, wine a couple nights a week. it's a given. but when i look at my fitday graph on calorie (they don't have a carb graph) consumption, i'm even all week until weekends and then it rises. but i'm not here to lose 40 lbs in 40 days. lordy! according to fitday and my goal, i'm to lose 2.32 lbs a week until my goal. that's livable!