Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-08, 06:15

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 260/198/145 Female 65
BF:I do
Progress: 54%

Well I think we're all doing great... maybe not hitting our major Onderland Goal by Christmas, but many of us are flirting with it... and the rest of us are inching closer and closer each week!!

Today I'm back to 203.5...but I know I'm eating too much, and just not in the exercise place. Heck, it's 26 here this morning! And in Georgia, that's just freaking crazy!!! LOL

Hang in there! Kit/Charran, don't let that little gain bug you too much... could just be water, and it'll be gone in a day or two. I seem to live in gaining/losing the same 2/3 pounds over and over here lately. Eventually the body will let it go - I hope anyway!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-08, 11:25

Hey Ladies!

How's it going out there??

I seem to be breaking my two month stall, as this morning I weighed in at 200.5... Oh So Close! Yet it seems so far away.

I usually lose between 5-6 pounds in about a week, so we'll see how the rest of the week plays out. I'm really psyched about seeing 199 on the scale... but would REALLY like to see 197 this month!

I also won't be suprised if after I do lose a few pounds, a couple show back up, as that happens as well...

I will refrain from celebrating the first day I see 199... and wait at least a week to see if it sticks.

I'm thinking of ya'll... lately I've really been having cravings... I think it's just this time of the year, watching all these yummy baked goods and candies go round. Hopefully I won't succumb!

How are you doing? Are you holding strong? Feeling weak?

Come on and speak up... we all need this support and I love hearing how everyone else is doing as well
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-08, 23:26

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

im still bouncing between 209,210 and 211... i went back to induction levels today and induction foods so we will see if that helps...
i had ham and pickle rolls with mayo for breakfast. 2 slices ham with a slice of pickle cut up rolled up dipped in mayo
lunch was a pork chop and 1/2 cup mashed cauli and 1/2 small cucumber.
dinner was a bunless burger from red robin with bacon, avacado, a few slivers onion and some lettuce and mayo. and a side salad.
had about 3 bottles water and a diet coke with dinner...
maybe this will help.. like i posted in my journal.. i had NO idea spices had sooo many carb. Lindas site says 1 TSP of garlic powder has 2 carbs.... YIKES.
but i doubt ill make wonderland in 14 days...
  #124   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-08, 06:45

I use garlic like it's an integral part of every meal... I just don't know if I can slow that down! I had no idea either that it had that many carbs. Is that powdered or minced?? I'm going to have to look that up.

We have a Red Robin around here too that just opened. I haven't been yet, but I heard they have great burgers and onion rings... the Onion Rings being the reason I haven't gone by there... I'm such a sucker for them!

We ate at Golden Corral last night. I ate too much, but I didn't cheat. They have that cheap roast beef there, and I had 2.5 slices and a piece of roasted chicken and broccoli with cheese sauce on it (they don't have real butter there!). Problem was I left there feeling stuffed, so that wasn't good.

I didnt' weigh more this morning, but no more loss either. 200.5 this morning. Which probably means in the next few days I'll go back up. I should get stricter with myself, but it's so hard!

Tonight I'm making the LC chicken parmigan for dinner and my sister in law and her family are coming over. I love that stuff! Will end up making LOTS so I can have it for leftovers the next day!
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-08, 08:00

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'm doing OK and still kicking around. Weight is 207.2 this morning! It would be a stretch to get to Onederland by Christmas for me at this point. I've been very busy with work and of course Christmas stuff.

I haven't been very tempted by any Christmas goodies yet, so that's good. But I'm getting hungry reading both your menus!
  #126   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 07:36

OK ladies... two mornings in a row I've weighed in at 198.5... TWO MORNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thrilled on one front, to see Onderland! Yet, part of me is scared that the scale will change it's mind here in another day or two, so I'm refusing to change my profile weight!

I'm leaving for Florida for a week just after Christmas... to my dad's house. He is a complete food control person. He stays healthy by eating low fat/ low calorie "Calories in, calories out" is his motto. Now he's a great cook, and for the most part I should be able to do fine... but it's fruit/granola/toast for breakfast, sandwiches with very little meat and FF cheese for lunch and then dinner almost always has bread/ pasta/ rice with it. No sweets per say. The thing is, he LIVES for cooking... and completely controls what food is in his house...eggs are BAD as far as he's concerned. I'm already stressing over how to eat there quietly. His cousin did Atkins and 6 months later had a triple by-pass (which *I* do not attribute to the WOE, but my father does). So I'll be in sunny Florida, with not much of a choice as far as food goes. I have mentioned that I'm doing "low carb" and mumbled South Beach/ Diabetic Diet a few times, but he has no idea to what extreme I'm eating. I'm 43 years old and I've lost almost 30 pounds... you'd think I could stand up for myself, right? Well, I already know I can't!

So... I may be in Onderland now, and I may even stay there if my body doesn't jump back up (which it often does), but I don't see myself making it into the new year here... and I'm scared I'm going to backslide just like I always have in the past. I hit 199 and that's that.

I'm thinking of bringing a cooler with cheese sticks, pepperoni and beef jerky in it and hiding it in my room! ROFL So I can eat something for breakfast that will fill me up without eating all the fruit/ yogurt, etc...

Sigh. So while I'm almost happy about the Onderland scale weight for the past two mornings (I still think my body will adjust back up to 200 or so), I'm so worried about this trip that I've actually considered not going! And that's crazy really... I have to learn to deal with what life sends in these situations and not feel like a failure if I can't eat on plan every single time.

Ugh... sorry, this was meant to be a brag of sorts that I'm seeing Onderland, and it's turned into a whining fit over what I'm going to eat in a few weeks! LOL

I hope the rest of you are doing well... even if you don't make it to Onderland by Christmas, remember that the closer you get the better it is! And keep plugging along!
  #127   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 10:53

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

YAY Pammieanne

You should have reason to cheer! You saw that number and for 2 days in a row! How exciting for you!

I know that being in a different place than home is hard for eating and especially when peoples views of LCing are very different than ours. Maybe your dad wouldn't mind if you bought yourself a few groceries while staying there and cooked up some omlettes etc. for yourself. Good luck with whatever you decide to do though!

I'm at 207 today and with only 11 days until Christmas, I'm not holding out much hope for Onderland! Can we extend this to Onederland by the end of January?
  #128   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 20:30

BF:

congratulations pammieanne thats great!!!!! id say 2 days in a row then its yours to count!
im finally down to 207.. so much closer. but dont see it happening in the next 11 days. but its 1 pound closer.
as soon as this challenge is over im starting another challenge. i want to lose 100 pounds in a year.. my start date was july 4th so by this july 4th i want to be at 164... we will see... so i will probably make it a 50 lbs by 4th of july challenge... about 6 month so its doable i think. i just need something else to focus on other than the onederland so when i get to onederland i will have to keep on track.
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-08, 21:14

OK Kit, I don't have 100 to lose, but I'd love to join in something similar to that! I started on June 30/July 1st myself, and yet I've only lost this weight so far (so this morning I was at 197.5, but shhhh, it's not time to count that yet, and still .5 shy of my first mini goal)...

But... My first goal right now is to NOT get too excited about being under 200... cause that's how I screwed up last time. This time I just continue on.

Today I joined a gym. I said to myself that once I lost 30 pounds then I'd incorporate more exercise... so today I did it. Tomorrow I go and do the obligatory workout with the instructor... where they measure you and weigh you and prod you and try to kill you with a workout So if ya'll don't hear from me, then you know what happened!

By July 4th I'd like to be 50 pounds lighter as well... and that's a big goal for me since I seem to lose so slowly... bu that would put me really close to my goal... and quite happy!

Today I bought a pair of size 14 jeans. They are snug, but comfy... and I spent TWO HOURS at Kohls trying on regular sized clothes... I was like a kid in a candy store! I haven't been able to shop in the regular sized department in a long long time! Unfortunatley with it being Christmas, it's hard to get too crazy since I have kids and family to buy for, but I still had fun just trying them on!

Oh how I hope I can continue this onward and downward!

207 is really close Kit! Hang in there! You'll be singing along with me in no time!!!
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-08, 21:57

BF:

well. i will be glad to have you join. i just finished a 50 pounds by christmas challenge. didnt think i would make that one but i did! so the new challenge will just be a 50 pounds by july 4th challenge.
i hope you get to count your 197 in the morning!! i was at 206 this morning. we will see wether or not i get to keep it tomorrow.. made pumpkin soup for dinner.. read its not really induction friendly but i bought all the ingredients to make it before i knew that.. cant let them go to waste.
congratulations on the size 14!! thats so awesome.
i tired on some 16s the other day... not quite there yet. which is kind of odd to me... ive lost almost 60 pounds and only 1 pants size... grr!!
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-08, 20:59

BF:

come to realize onederland isnt going to be mine by christmas BUT i will be pretty darn close im at 204 now... so 5 pounds away.... thats ok with me. ill be there soon enough. i would just be ecstatic if i coudl get into some 16's...
  #132   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-08, 08:39

You're doing so great Kit! To be this close at Christmas is worth it, you know? Where do you go to buy clothes? Because sometimes the nicer stores brands are a bit more forgiving and make it easier to fit into a smaller size.

I started in an 18, and barely wore a 16 at all before falling into the 14's. It took forever to go from the 18 to the 16 though. You'll get there, I bet you are so close!

I'm looking forward to the new challenge at the beginning of the year... 50 pounds in 6 months will be a tough one for me, but I'm going to try! That would put me pretty close to my goal, and perhaps even at goal - since it's been so long that I've weighed anywhere near 150, I might find that it's enough at this older age

Keep on keeping on! 4 pounds is so close! You've done a fantastic job this year!

Me? Eating is going well, a couple of small cheats at my sons christmas party, but nothing too bad... and I'm so sore from the sculpting class I tried out yesterday ROFL I hope I can walk tomorrow! I'm up a pound, to 198, but I'm not sweating it... the shock of working out combined with the few bites of things at the party are to blame. I'm afraid my weight loss might even slow now that I'm introducing working out... but I will keep a close eye on the measuring tape for now because I know in the long run the working out will make me look better as the fat comes off.
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-08, 23:57

BF:

ive already stated my 4th of july challenge if any of you ladies want to join it.
i get my jeans at a store called Cato.. dont know if they have them all over the place. i love it because i am plus size on the bottom and not at all on the top and they have both.. its split down the middle of the store.... one side plus.. one size normal and its the SAME clothes on both sides... not like slinky tank tops on one and sack dresses on the other....its great... makes it easy til im small sizes top and bottom...
  #134   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-08, 08:59

BF:

down to 203 today if there as an extra week before this week id probably make it... but either way, i love that im so close!
i told Adam i wont use the new scales til i make my goal...
he got me new scales and i weigh 2 pounds more.. so i joke he got me a 2 pound penalty for my birthday...
BUT the futureMIL is turning on the water works.. shes tried atkins before and it "didnt work for her" so apparently when i wouldnt eat her pancakes on thanksgiving i offended her.. i THOUGHT she understood... she asked him what CAN i eat... i wanted to say.. shes done atkins she knows what i CAN eat and its NOT pancakes.... i dont want to go off plan just to please her.. i am going semi off plan for me birthday party saturday.. and i dont want to go off plan at his moms and then at his dads when its so close to a crucial goal!!! grrr.. ive told Adam i am scheduling the flu for the 24th and 25th.....
  #135   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-08, 16:36

Congratulations Kit!!! You are doing a superb job! You've lost so much more than me in such a shorter time... I'm a bit envious!!

Tell your MIL to go.... oh forget it... I totally understand. My MIL is diabetic... so she has basically been on LC for a few years now. While she eats LC, she doesn't understand, nor does she 'believe' in Atkins. So she is constantly shoving things in my face... and I am constantly pushing them back at her. At this point in my life, I have no patience for her, but I do have to be nice...

Hang in there, be strong... and enjoy your birthday celebration!!!!!

See you in Onderland in no time!!!!!