Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 11:49

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I wouldn't say cure, more like prevention. Since I never got T2 I can't really cure something I never had

Low carb is great for preventing health issues and losing weight
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 12:01

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen, Yepper you get all your nutrition from meat so salad is not needed. Kinda like the eye candy for our meat. Hey you day today sounds spectacular!
Judi, have a great time getting the workout plan going. Always good to get happy endorphins going!
De, terrific job at reversing a potential serious life long health problem by following this wol.

Jo, great posts as always and I luv the info from your new book.
I watch all of the interviews when Carole posted the link a while back. Very logical explanation for a low carb lifestyle 😀👍
Thursday we are leavin for Wisconson Dells, water parks here I come. Also a workout center so it will be good. I have all my HCA-72 foods ready to go. I made a bunch of zero carb spinach egg muffins. I can either heat them in microwave or put over my salad! So I am ready for fun, sun and waterpark 😀🏊🚣🏻🏄
Have a wonderful day warriors and take care of you!
  #138   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 14:57

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Good afternoon Warriors, Today has been a lazy day. Not up to anything worth reporting on.

Unfortunately I didn't keep my numbers. That was 2 years ago, last time I had a BT the numbers were normal. I do know they will want another BT soon. So I dodged a bullet back then. But pre-diabetes and full blown diabetes will return if I should give up this way of eating, so I'm a lifer.

Back in 2014 the Dr wanted to know if I wanted to see a dietitian. I declined and did the research myself. This is the way to go, so here I am 2 years later.

Did my cross training tape this morning, joints are yapping at me, but I can't stop now.

Everyone have a great OP day;

Blessings and peace;
  #139   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 16:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction
Stats: 284/180/145 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight, leahmaria, b/c YOU are so WORTH IT!

Thanks so much Jo for all your encouragement! You certainly didn't scare me off! Sorry to be so long replying but right now I'm unable to visit here as much as I'd like to. Am staying on plan, and am going out to a restaurant with friends this week - BUT - I'm taking my own food! I figure with seven of us at the table, the servers might miss that little fact (I can always hope!)

By the way, has anyone on here used stevia as a sweetener? The bottle says it also contains erythritol, and I looked that up online and several sites say that your body can't metabolize it so you can say it has 0 calories. It sounds too good to be true!

Last edited by leahmaria : Tue, Jul-12-16 at 16:52.
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-16, 05:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

De, I hear ya, if you never really got it, ya can't cure it LOL
prevention is so important for so many things!!

Bernie, waterparks and work out center. You go girl and have tons of fun. spot on with that food. give us a fun report later!!

jmh, what cross training tape do you use? just curious

leahmarie, if questioned, just say you have food allergy issues you are handling at the moment. that way the waitress will have to shut up about your food LOL YOU DO whatever it takes to stay on plan, others will work around you

HI ALL
easy day
this and that chores. nothing major.
clouds are clearing so swim today as usual. love that pool, never can say that enough LOL

scrambled with cheese and little bacon and ribeye later when wanted.

life is rocking along good right now!
everyone have a fine day!
  #141   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-16, 14:48

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

It's a Susan Powter tape. It is 3 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of strength training. Back and forth for about 45 minutes.
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-16, 16:25

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Just a quick drop by to say hello. Going to work in a few hours and then off to the dells! I should be back Monday evening!

I am hoping all warriors have a great on plan HCA-72 weekend 😀👍
  #143   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-16, 19:25

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi All,

Hope you are all having a super day! Got back last night from our week in Alaska. It was a great trip-lots of fun, family wedding and FOOD. SO MUCH food! I was on-paln, but def ate TOO much! Breakfasts: scrambled eggs, butter, 2-3 bacon, L: usually tuna salad and lettuce or meat sandwhich or hamburger with no bread/bun, and dinner was usually meat and salad. Lots of delicious Alaska salmon, seafood, beef, cheeses...some greens and a few glasses of wine (I know, wine is NOT on plan)... We went to the Alaska Zoo, the Wildlife Conservation Center, to the glaciers (mostly melted and VERY much retreated , we spent a day at the museum (absolutely awesome!), rode the 1970's no-guard bar chair lift to the top of the mountain and of course, the WEDDING! DD was ADORABLE as a junior bride's maid. SO much FUN!

It was a CRAZY week of staying up WAY TOO LATE. The sun sets at 11:30pm and it doesn't get dark until like midnight in summer up there!!!

Hope everyone had a great week!

I am happy to be back home, in total control of meals, food, eating frequency and back to my own kitchen!

Cheers,
jams
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-16, 06:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
If I went back to eating bad carbs I believe I would become a T2 statistic. Fortunately that is not going to happen. I am a A72 lifer.

Thinking about T2 and being fat again really keeps me away from eating crap.
Spoken like a true Hard Core Warrior! WTG, De!
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-16, 07:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
thanks De

see you did not become a 'statistic' which to me means you found a cure for your problem.

yes I want to use that word here LOL

getting that pre-diabetic prognosis made you find so many more answers.

you would not go there and you didn't! that is a strong character to me for sure and one who means what they say!

love that!

and Bernie too! she has a biggie problem of thyroid which MANY say you almost can't fight point blank. but she did and she is learning more and improving constantly. She is active in her approach while many are just the 'usual sheep with whining' about what they 'think' they can't cure.

we rock on this thread ya know LOL Winners in health vs. whiners in their own health!
I liked your post about "curing" and "controlling"!

I guess one can be cured of T2, IMHO, if they continue to follow their LC WOE plans.

IMHO, I am controlling my morbid obesity! I haven't cured it b/c all I have to do is let "Fat Jo" out of her cage & THAT ain't gonna happen!
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-16, 07:03
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I wouldn't say cure, more like prevention. Since I never got T2 I can't really cure something I never had

Low carb is great for preventing health issues and losing weight
AMEN, Sista!
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-16, 07:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

Imma doing super duper terrific today! Thanks for asking, girlie!

Yesterday my internet was wonky ass snail slow, so I wasn't able to get on like I usually do...
Quote:
Jo, great posts as always and I luv the info from your new book.
I watch all of the interviews when Carole posted the link a while back. Very logical explanation for a low carb lifestyle 😀👍
It's an excellent book, I'd recommend it to everyone.

On my "to read" list is: "Why We Get Fat" and MickiSue recommended reading Taubes other book "Good Calories Bad Calories". I have another good book called "Sugar, Salt and Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us" that I read a good while back. Time to read that again too!
Quote:
Thursday we are leavin for Wisconson Dells, water parks here I come. Also a workout center so it will be good. I have all my HCA-72 foods ready to go. I made a bunch of zero carb spinach egg muffins. I can either heat them in microwave or put over my salad! So I am ready for fun, sun and waterpark 😀🏊🚣🏻🏄
With all your food prep for your little vaca explains why you continue to be über successful at our incredible LC WOE & a Warrior member of TEAM 5%! WTG! Woot! Woot!

Quote:
Have a wonderful day warriors and take care of you!
Thanks, Berni!

Have fun, stay safe and safe travels to the Dells! Will you be able to post whilst you are gone?
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-16, 07:20
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Good afternoon Warriors, Today has been a lazy day. Not up to anything worth reporting on.

Unfortunately I didn't keep my numbers. That was 2 years ago, last time I had a BT the numbers were normal. I do know they will want another BT soon. So I dodged a bullet back then. But pre-diabetes and full blown diabetes will return if I should give up this way of eating, so I'm a lifer.
Excellent point for staying a lifer! We don't wanna have to deal with developing diabetes and all the OTHER health issues associated with eating those toxic carbs!
Quote:
Back in 2014 the Dr wanted to know if I wanted to see a dietitian. I declined and did the research myself. This is the way to go, so here I am 2 years later.
Thank goodness you did the research b/c you probably would have gotten a dietitian that recommended Eat Less/Move More = low fat low kcal and more exercising and that has proven to NOT be successful at all for diabetes or trying to lose weight! Pffffffffft!
Quote:
Did my cross training tape this morning, joints are yapping at me, but I can't stop now.
Sorry to hear that your joints are still yapping at ya! Wonder why you're joints are problematic...do you suffer from arthritis?

Hope the "yappy joints" becomes a none issue real soon!
Quote:
Everyone have a great OP day;
Thanks and you too, Judy!
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-16, 07:32

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning Warriors..

It's good to see you back online Jo.

Why We get Fat is at the top of my book list and Good Calories, Bad Calories is at the bottom just my personal opinion.

I've mentioned before I read a lot of LC books, not just Atkins. Knowledge is power.

Sadly, I found out yesterday that my brother was diagnosed with diabetes. His wife was diagnosed a year or two ago. I have been encouraging them to eat low carb, but apparently they aren't willing to give up crappy carbs...makes me very sad. He also has very high triglycerides. That's another sure sign of too many bad carbs. I will not stop trying to get them onboard, but I just don't seeing it happening

I have thought about it and I think that once you have T2 then reverse it with low carb it's controlled and not cured. JMHO....

It's coffee time! Yep, love my coffee

Have a super duper Thursday all...
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-16, 07:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmaria
Thanks so much Jo for all your encouragement! You certainly didn't scare me off!
Well that's great that I didn't scare you off and you're welcome!
Quote:
Sorry to be so long replying but right now I'm unable to visit here as much as I'd like to.
Sorry you can't come here as much as you like! Just come when you can b/c we're here for you!
Quote:
Am staying on plan, and am going out to a restaurant with friends this week - BUT - I'm taking my own food! I figure with seven of us at the table, the servers might miss that little fact (I can always hope!)
That's terrific that you are staying on plan! Good luck with sneaking in your food at the restaurant! Let us know if you got away with it!
Quote:
By the way, has anyone on here used stevia as a sweetener? The bottle says it also contains erythritol, and I looked that up online and several sites say that your body can't metabolize it so you can say it has 0 calories. It sounds too good to be true!
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol. I researched sugar alcohols a good while back and here are the results of that research:
Quote:
Sugar Alcohols

Consumption of sugar alcohols does affect blood sugar levels, although less than that of "regular" sugar (sucrose). Sugar alcohols may also cause bloating and diarrhea when consumed in excessive amounts. Some people it doesn't have to be excessive amounts to cause these side effects.

They are found in all kinds of sugar free products including but not limited to chewing gum, candies, LC shakes, LC bars etc. Here is a list of sugar alcohols, there are probably more.

Arabitol
Erythritol
Fucitol
Galactitol
Glycerol
Iditol
Inositol
Isomalt
Lactitol
Maltitol
Maltotetraitol
Maltotriitol
Mannitol
Polyglycitol
Ribitol
Sorbitol
Threitol
Volemitol
Xylitol

When you're considering foods with low- or reduced-calorie sweeteners, always check the Nutrition Facts on the label. Many of the food products containing these types of sweeteners may still have a significant amount of carbs.

When I look at a nutrition facts label I always avoid anything that has an -tol at the end of it (I'm not going to memorize that LIST!!) because that's usually a sugar alcohol and for some of us, we process them exactly like carbs.
Closed Thread