Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-00, 17:34
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

All thanks and accolades go to Lois McK. - LC sleuth par excellence

Ross chocolates in Ontario: Take a stiff drink or a valium, then call this phone number (416) 282-9114 and ask for Mr. Ainsley (Bill). You'll have to drive to Scarborough at (Markham & Lawrence. He lives at 9 Waldock. Good luck - you'll need it. They are not sold at any retail outlets here. He charged me $4.25 for four bars.

Slim Jones thru Web Distribution: I'm sure if you had he would have told you that is the ONLY way he gets the pop to you - by delivery...anywhere in Canada. His Web site is excitingdrinks.com it should be up by the weekend if all goes well and his method of operation
will be explained then to one and all.

The largest Health Food store in Ontario is called "Alternatives" in Oakville - a refreshing change from the "Big Carrot" in Toronto. The Big Carrot is an hangover from the 60's and 70's where everyone was a vegitarian or Marcrobiotic with dreadlocks and sandles. I was in there
yesterday and couldn't get Capers (Vancouver) out of my mind. These people don't deserve to be making so much money from us - but we have no choice..it's the Big Carrot, Noahs or nothing. Their store was dirty, olde fashioned, totally brain dead minimum wage staff and generally not here and now in respect to attitude and products. I have been in touch with Wild Oats (who own Capers) and they would come to Toronto in a minute if I (or somebody else) could find them the Real Estate they want. They will ONLY open a store that has 30,000 sq. ft. and parking for 250 cars within 1 mile of U.of T.....dream on... I say. This is impossible as this is an older
very established area and there is no land. Oh well. Wendy, Alternatives is clean and respectable and fairly up to date..the staff are knowledgable and clean cut. They are located on Kerr St....just south of the Gardiner Expressway on the left hand side in a little plaza. Call information to get their exact address. Their address is 579 Kerr Street, Oakville. Phone (905) 844-2375.

Sorry I forgot who was just inquiring about Clearly Canadian and was commenting on the high fructose count. You must not have been looking at 'DIET' Clearly Canadian. Look for the DIET only. There are zero carbs in them and they come in three flavours: tre limon, cherry and blackberry. They are sold everywhere and are readily available in Toronto. If you want their 800 # to find a store near you, it is 1-800-663-0227.

I would like to announce the arrival of Whole Foods Market Inc., a Dallas based organic grocer ..the largest in the States, (and Wild Oats being the second largest). I would have been happy with either one, but it looks like we are getting Whole Foods with their opening scheduled for next Fall (2001). The exact location will be a 45,000 sq. ft. store in Hazelton Lanes Mall, at Bloor and Avenue Road in the fashionable Yorkville area. I will keep all you Ontarians
informed on their progress. This would definitely justify a trip into Toronto. They have a fabulous web site: wholefoods.com (it's very impressive) you might want to take a peek and see if they have any products you might be interested in.

* Found bottles of Slim Jones soda at Mother's Sweet & Nut Shop at Yonge & St. Clair (921-0502). - she said she would order more.

* Found Clearly Canadian (Diet) at Pusateries for $1.39 a bottle (Avenue Rd. & Lawrence).

**CHOCOLATE Pusateries have lots of Perlege, Belgium SF chocolate bars. 100gm bars for $4.49. or 75 gms. $3.69. in 6-7 flavours. This chocolate is highly recommended by lowcarbluxury.com, and has the same carb count as Ross Chocolates. Go to her site under product spotlight to learn more
about this chocolate. I have tried this & Ross and this chocolate wins hands down. This is no Mickey Mouse operation and their packaging is very attractive and professional looking.

**MAIL ORDER CHOCOLATE: If any of you would like to order this chocolate by mail, then there is a heath food store that carries the complete line of Perlege Chocolate, 25 flavours in all- 3 sizes-including cream filled ones ~ 42 gms. Her prices are even lower than Pusateries and she will give you a 10% discount if you buy a case. The 42 gm bars are only $2.19 ea and come
in: Hazelnut/Praline, Gianduja??, Almond Milk, Croquant Milk Praline, Hazelnut, Coconut cream, Orange cream MC, Raspberry in white chocolate, Coffee/Hazelnut, Crispy cream in MC, Vanilla cream, Pistacio. The 75 gm bars are only $2.99 ea and they come in plain milk chocolate, dark
chocolate, white chocolate, Crisp (white chocolate with rice crispies, Noisettes (MC with hazelnuts), Almond MC, Fondant. The 100gm bars she sells for $3.99 ($5.00 US on the net) They come in: Milk, Dark, White, Crispy MC, MC Hazelnut, WC Crisp. She will give you a 10% discount (on a case) and you will have to pay for the shipping. Her name is Kyla and she is the owner. If you live in Toronto then you may want to go there: Natural Life Health Market, 7700 Bathurst St. (at Center Street), Thornhill, Ontario Phone: (905) 707-3350. They also have the Carbolite Bars sweetened with Splenda (very expensive) 100 gms.$9.49 and small 50 gms. at $4.49. And for those of you who would like to try the microwave pork rinds they have those too for $6.99 - but I must warn you they have MSG in case that bothers you. They have pumpcorn and other delites. Give them a call. This is what they have in stock now, but don't be afraid to ask for your favorite flavour just in case they are sold out of it. Maybe she can mail you a complete list of flavours. This is a first class product...this is the Godiva of SF Chocolate. But be careful how much you eat at one sitting or you will have a whoosh experience if you know what I mean...(a rapid wieght loss in one hour)!! Say, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all!

*Virgin pop is available at every 7-11 in the city. By the way if the cap is not tight on the Clearly Canadian the it will be flat - I have found this to be true on mor than one occasion.

*A Canadian pop from PEI - called Seaman's Beverages sweetened with Splenda. You can find out about it of all places at lowcarluxury.com. What can you Maritimers tell us about this? Appearantly you can buy it at Costco, Loeb, and Green Gables Stores.

If you call 1-800-6ATKINS and place your order they WILL give you a free case with your order. I just placed my order today and was told of this special. For some reason it is not advertised on their site now. This is why I always place my orders by phone rather than doing it online because then you don't know what the daily, weekly or monthly specials are. Don't forget to ask them for a new colour catalog and a copy of his latest magazine (FREE).

Sponsored Links