Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#3406   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-07, 07:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

holy wow this meat and eggs thing WORKS! haha not that i didnt trust it but i was nervous... i dont think i can stay on it any long so i am going to add back in a salad with one ofmy meals during the day b/c my weight is where i'd like it to be... does anyone ever regain weight after adding back in a couple more carbs to work their way back to induction?
Sponsored Links
  #3407   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-07, 19:20

Plan: low carb
Stats: 156.4/156.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wondering what happened to the posters on this thread???
  #3408   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-07, 19:22

Plan: eating small portions
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi, just started M&E fast today, second time , I love it!!!
  #3409   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 10:41

Plan: Ketogenic/85-90%Carnivore
Stats: 298/206/168 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I am doing M&E and Atkin's 72 in a rotation.

I am aiming for 2-3 days M&E only.

Then Atkin's 72 which allows a small salad (1 cup loosely packed) once or twice a day. Can sub. cooked VLC green vegy (1/2c.)

Limiting hard cheese and nuts to 1 or 2 servings ( 2oz.) a week.

Using Sweetzfree ( liquid splenda) or Fiber Fit sweetener to cut out carbs from powdered splenda.
  #3410   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 08:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/264/195 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Well I am new again..was in here a few years ago but wasnt motivated. Now I am. Today was my first day and since I only ate meat and eggs, I am going to try it for the next 3 or 4 days to jumpstart my weight loss program. Wish me luck!
  #3411   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-07, 07:35

Plan: Stillmans
Stats: 245/222/220 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Help! Three weeks ago I hit a stall with Atkins and decided on Wednesday of this week to do M/E to break the stall. I've been on M/E for two days now, am in ketosis and haven't budged an ounce on the scale. Yesterday I ate:
B 2 hard boiled eggs
L 10 slices of turkey pepperoni
D 5 ounces of chicken without the skin and 1/4 cup cottage cheese

Carbs yesterday were 3, calories around 700, fat was low too. Any suggestions?????
  #3412   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-07, 12:47

Plan: atkins/M&E
Stats: 185/169/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default The scale not budging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepugesin
Help! Three weeks ago I hit a stall with Atkins and decided on Wednesday of this week to do M/E to break the stall. I've been on M/E for two days now, am in ketosis and haven't budged an ounce on the scale. Yesterday I ate:
B 2 hard boiled eggs
L 10 slices of turkey pepperoni
D 5 ounces of chicken without the skin and 1/4 cup cottage cheese

Carbs yesterday were 3, calories around 700, fat was low too. Any suggestions?????

Yes!!! I have some help, you are not eating enough! Your resting weight for calorie needs is about 10% of your total calorie needs. So if you weigh 150 lbs. you need at least 1500 calories a day. No One should EVER eat less than 1000 calories a day (unless under strict doctor's care) as your body thinks it is in starvation mode and will not easily givce up the lbs.

It is also best to eat about once every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism up and running on fast. If I eat around 9am then I eat again by 1pm, then again by 4-5 pm, etc. I try to eat at least 4 times a day....

You do want to keep your carb count below 5, but get enough calories to keep you running. If you eat too little it is like when you do not fill your car up with gas, it will stop running. You cannot run properly if you aren't "filled up" enough with fuel (food).

Dr. Atkins talks about this in his book and this is well known and documented scientifically sound eating. We are not doing LC of any kind to starve ourselves, we are trying to lose weight. I lost 40# last year and went off of LC around summertime (June) and I have decided I want to lose another 40# so I am back to LC'ing. And no, I haven't put the weight back on!!! (I did put about 7# on in the past 6 weeks as I was really eating crazily) and I stopped doing that and I am back to eating good.

Yesterday I ate 4 meals, today the scales were down almost 1.5lbs!!! And I ate waaaay more than you did!!! I also cannot exercise at this time as I am healing from Acute Sciatica.

Hope this helps!

Lori
  #3413   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-07, 13:32

BF:

I so totally disagree with Lori... I've been doing low calories/carbs/fat and have lost 20 lbs since Jan. 15th. Never felt better in my life. Could have been to goal weight now had I not had about 8 cheat days. I say just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will move. We just get too anxious. Some of our bodies just are waiting to see if we're serious this time. ... Read the threads about K/E then Kimkins - it's the best way I've ever found to lose weight. All that talk about starvation mode is a bunch of bunk imnsho that is.

PM me privately if you need more help.
  #3414   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-07, 13:49

Plan: no sugar no flour, Atkins
Stats: 196.5/175/120 Female 5 feet 3 inch
BF:JUST HAD A BABY
Progress: 28%

Today i worked out pretty hard. Elliptical 40 min, stair climber 15 min, and i walked for 20, I don;t think i am going to but shrimp again. I seem to eat too much of it, so protein today is over 90g. fat is good so far.
  #3415   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 07:48

Plan: Stillmans
Stats: 245/222/220 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default PM you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitziAnne
I so totally disagree with Lori... I've been doing low calories/carbs/fat and have lost 20 lbs since Jan. 15th. Never felt better in my life. Could have been to goal weight now had I not had about 8 cheat days. I say just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will move. We just get too anxious. Some of our bodies just are waiting to see if we're serious this time. ... Read the threads about K/E then Kimkins - it's the best way I've ever found to lose weight. All that talk about starvation mode is a bunch of bunk imnsho that is.

PM me privately if you need more help.

I tried to PM you and it said I didn't have those privledges??? What the hey?
  #3416   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 11:29

slept in real late. i am starting to become embarrassed to update my progress, because my progress has gone no where but down. i seem to have good intentions each evening before i go to bed, but fail with my diet everyday. i am weak. I feel like a failure. I don't want to be destined to this body size my whole life. this is not who i am
  #3417   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 14:04

BF:
Default Here's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepugesin
I tried to PM you and it said I didn't have those privledges??? What the hey?

You have to have posted 'x' amount of times before you get those privileges... I don't remember how many times and I surely don't understand the reasoning behind it. Had I noticed you are a brand new poster, I would have caught it. Just get busy and post a lot.
  #3418   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 14:07

BF:
Default a giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicaker
slept in real late. i am starting to become embarrassed to update my progress, because my progress has gone no where but down. i seem to have good intentions each evening before i go to bed, but fail with my diet everyday. i am weak. I feel like a failure. I don't want to be destined to this body size my whole life. this is not who i am

Sorry, but it just caught my eye: binge free since March 26, 2007 ... you do know that's tomorrow, right? So, does that mean you've already binged today? I am not such a good role model myself as I fell off the wagon yesterday. I do have a goal in mind and something to work toward. That should keep me on the straight 'n narrow for awhile. Hope you find some motivation soon Jam..
  #3419   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 17:55

I am done with this ****. I know i am worth much more than what i have been giving myself. I have been at my goal weight before and i deserve to get back there. I do focus a lot on the past. My binge was in the past, but i am going to move forward from here. I am strong and i can do this. I have done it before. I am tired of people at work telling me i am weak and i and fat. I will show them my true colors. I know i can do this, enough with the bullshit feelings, they are just feelings, and they have no power over my actions. I do.
  #3420   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 20:47
Registered Member

Plan: The Anabolic Diet
Stats: 245/241/165 Male 5.7
BF:enough
Progress: 5%

I wanted to add something on this thread about the meat and egg diet. For me it is very easy to do as I am not a salad fan as it is. I have found that during the work week I can stick to it, then friday night I do a carb type treat night. I will go to the movies and get popcorn and then for dinner have hashbrowns which is my ultimate fav. food.

This starts to fill my glycogen stores, then on saturday afternoon I go to the gym and do a complete weight lifting workout. Come saturday afternoon it's back to low carb except I will have some veggies too like brussel sprouts. I will do a smaller workout on tuesday but other than that I do go to the gym other to fake and bake my butt. My job is semi-labourious which I think would equal 1/2 hour on the tread mill at 85% max heart rate a day.

So far I am consistantly loosing weight. In fact it's been 40 pounds since last October. The weight lifting and carbing fridays is simular to the cycle ketonic diet, except I follow with meat and eggs and then it goes around again. Not near as extreme either as others recommend. I got fat because I am gym lazy and like the wrong kinds of food. I accept that, so no sense in setting myself up for a major change until my mind is ready for it.

Also during the week I drink at least 2 litres (yes Canadian metric here) or lemon water a day. This was taken from the lemonaide diet to help "flush". Yes there are carbs in lemons, but I find that they are benefitial. Other than that my week day diet consists of:

Pre-Breakfast 7am (if I am hungry): 0 carb protein shake

Breakfast 9am: 1 hard boiled egg. 3 oz chicken with some butter
Lunch 1pm: 1 hard boiled egg. 3 oz chicken with some butter

Dinner: 6oz meat (like pork, beef. Not chicken though as I get enough of that), 2-3 fried eggs.

The lunchs may sound boring, but as a city truck driver it's easy for me to eat as I drive and I find the little bit of butter that I "dip" the chicken in, satisfies me.

SO there is my plan with meat and eggs on a weekly basis. I plan to change it when I either stall or reach my target weight that I plan to hit, about October of this year!

Wow, it's nice to start fitting into XL instead of XXL or XXXL. Shopping is much more fun!!
Closed Thread