Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 07:34

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Lightbulb Flourless Chocolate Decadence

i found this flourless cake recipe and it seemed so easy to adapt. we had it for new years...oh my... it was wonderful.

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup blanched hazelnuts or almonds
8 tablespoons splenda
3oz bittersweet chocolate (i used some extraordinary chocolate a guy gave me from venezuela!)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon Frangelico or amaretto liquer (optional) (i used godiva liquer)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
5 egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat an 8 or 9 inch springform pan with 2 teaspoons of the butter and dust with 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (don't tap out the excess; leave it in the pan)
Finely grind the nuts with 1 tablesoon of the sugar. In the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and remaining 4 teaspoons of butter, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat.
Place the chocolate mixture in a large bowl. Stir in the nut mixture, sour cream, egg yolks, liquer, vanilla extract, cinnamon, 5 tablespoons of the remaining sugar and the remaining 2 tablspoons cocoa powder until well blended.
In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites and salt until foamy. Gradually beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until the whites hold stiff peaks when the beaters are lifted. Fold a quarter of the beaten whites into the choclate mixture, then fold the remaining whites. Spoon into prepared pan; smooth the top. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack until warm. The cake will fall dramatically. Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife and remove the pan sides before serving.

Total Recipe Nutritional Values: Calories 1535.44 Fat 142.77g Cholesterol 551.77mg Sodium 536.22mg Potassium 3001.93mg Carbohydrate 55.51g Dietary Fiber 24.96g Protein 39.171g

i didn't have a small pan.... so my cake came out very thin and i cut it in 1/2 and spread lo carb raspberry jam and put one on top of the other. i served it tonight with fresh raspberries.
Sponsored Links