Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 18:24
<---The Crazy One!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Third Time Around

So, like the title says, this is my third time on Atkins. I've lost a combine total of over 90 pounds since 2003, but what keeps getting to me is when I start to get stressed/depressed/antsy is that I continue to turn to my cursed comfort foods.

I'd like to think that I'm going to be able to handle these future unavoidable obstacles with a greater sense in mind...but after allowing myself (sometimes it feels out of my control) to put on all this weight these past three years....that maybe I don't know what to do when I feel low. I've never been to a psychiatrist but there's many a time I do feel the need to see one. These bouts of depression come on out of nowhere and that's when I can give little to no care for my well being. Thankfully right now I'm doing better, though the last one lasted what felt like a good two years on and off.

This forum does help and I notice when I stay away I tend to get derailed easily and things just go back to mentally and physically sucking...

I guess, long story short (too late) what do you guys do that suffer from the blues? How do you keep from binging? How do you stay on track and focused when the last thing you want to do is take care of yourself?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 20:27

Stats: 235/225/150 Female 5 ft. 5 in.
BF:
Progress: 12%

Wow, I can totally relate to this. I've suffered from depression since I was little and finally finally got of all the meds (they don't help after a while), and today I'm being very rigid in an attempt to make sure I am on the right track for losing. However, now I'm a little bummed. And it's causing me to fantasize about those certain foods. So here I am on this forum reading and reading to try to stay on track.

I've had tons of water today and have come in under my goal for carbohydrates and I even only had 3 oz. of cheddar cheese (although I'm ill equipped for my before bed snack, need it because diabetic).

The best thing we can do is not isolate and keep chatting and connecting with people.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 20:44
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

You're so right, Lorelai. It was when I started to shut people out that it got worse...but sometimes you feel you're being a pest or that whatever you're going through isn't really important...then next thing you know you're back down on yourself and not quite sure how to dig yourself out.