Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-11, 10:18

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
Still, I mentioned some time ago, that every time I had a craving, we were to , um, have comforting time together. As you could imagine, he was game, for 3 days. Apparently, I have to many cravings, LOL! New hobby needed!

I sense a new diet book happening...
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-11, 12:01

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Ooh, I can make the diet book, but It would be hard to convince one man to do his part in the diet for more than a few days I guess it depends how often the woman was to get cravings. Don't think pics would be a good idea, might sell though LOL!
Seriously, I can't do comfort foods, even if LC, I find it makes me crave more and that pesky habit of snacking kicks in. I did have a snack yesterday before BF got home. I had a bowl of hot pork rinds with a little sour cream. Put them in a bowl for portion control and BF got home shortly to fix the ribeyes.

We don't watch much TB here, so I don't have the trouble of wanting to nibble sitting on the couch. My issue is usually bordom, so I try to keep buisy.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-11, 08:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

This has been my #1 problem for success on the LC diet.

I am now back in the saddle, giving it another go and I HAVE to find a way of comfort other thsn ice cream or pastries. PERIOD.

So, yeah, I find myself shopping more.

But for a comfort food, I eat more ice berg lettuse salads with a high fat no carb dressing:2 TB mayo, 1/2 TB sugar like, 1/2 tsp liquid smoke, water to smooth it out and extend it, and 2 dashes of cheyenne chipotle pepper mix.

My other line of defence has been a slice of Emental cheese. Its heavy dry and chewy.

Otherwise, to fight the comfort craves decaf is good for me.

I need to have control!
I am sick of food dictating my life!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-11, 11:10

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
I had a bowl of hot pork rinds with a little sour cream.

Do you mean the pork rinds in packets from the supermarket? The kind that can substitute for potato chips? How do you heat them? Obviously I'm having a bit of a junk food moment and I do like a packet of pork rinds now and then, so info on the 'hot' thing would be good. Oh - I just realised you probably meant hot as in spicy not heated. Duh. I guess I had more of a senior moment than a junk food moment.