Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 07:54

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 220/174/150
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Schwarzbein variety

I was wondering if anyone else feels like it's difficult to get a lot of variety out of Schwarzbein meals? I have the cookbook, it's just that sometimes I think that all the recipes are very similar.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 09:14

Stats: 195/162.5/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Schwarzbein Variety

I'm loving Schwarzbein. You can use virtually ANY Atkins-type recipe and add your allotted carbs. Go to http://photopics.com/lowcarb.html for example. The no-bean no-tomato chili is wonderful, and you can add beans or oyster crackers or whatever to get your fiber allotment. www.lowcarbluxury.com has wonderful recipes too. Let me know if you need more sites. (sugarwood1~hotmail.com)
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 09:39

Stats: 220/174/150
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default yum

Thanks sugarwood... that lowcarb luxury site is really good. I think the reason I don't use much variety is because I am paranoid about hidden carbs in foods so I stick to what I know. I definitely want to start exploring more though, or I know I will get bored with Schwarzbein! Thanks again...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:42

Stats: 195/162.5/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Hidden Carbs

The only hidden carbs I am aware of are those from glycerine and non-sugars, like Maltitol. You should only find those in things like nutrition bars and sugarfree candies.

Occasionally a nutritional breakdown will separate out the fiber from the useable carbs (it should be all right to do that with Schwarzbein, too since fiber is not absorbed by the body) because at the moment fiber grams are combined with carbs and also noted separately even though fiber is not carbs and is not turned into glucose by the body. If Schwarzbein does NOT separate out the fiber, the diet is much lower in carbs than the book says.