Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#931   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/166/156 Male 5 Ft 7 In
BF:
Progress:

Do you know of any maintenance meetings in CA? Is there a list somewhere or organization that runs them?
Sponsored Links
  #932   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 09:56

BF:
Progress:

Thanks so much!!
  #933   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 04:36
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Eno, Judy, and all,
I'm back! I have been back to low carbing for 25 days and am not officially able to come back to this thread. Ten pounds to go. Yippee

I'm doing pretty dand well. Since I last posted here I have become the grandmother to a precious baby girl.

My man was laid off from another job....that is 2 jobs in 2 years. This one wasn't as hard as the first one (he had been with that company for 26 years). The second job was with a small company that could no longer make its payroll. Anyway, TBTG he was able to obtain a great job after 4 months.

I had to have back surgery in December. That was a surprise. A herniated disc pressed on my sciatic nerve. Yikes! That was *PAIN* The surgery was a success and I am doing really well. I still have stiff days, but I am now 50 so I have it in perspective.

My biggest issue about getting back into low carb didn't turn out to be my aversion to meat. It has turned out to be the process of learning to put myself higher on my priority list. I have started a Mistress of My Domain thread to help me deal with that issue. So far I must be the only one that has an issue like that since I rarely have anyone else on the thread, but it helps me so I will continue to post on it.

As far as maintenance. I've done pretty well but the thing that let me slip above the 10 pound mark was slipping into that taking care of others thing. I got back to the less exercise more eating behavior---it made me feel better in the short term. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

How is everyone doing?
Sara<><
  #934   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 12:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Sara!
I LOVE seeing you back here! Congrats on being a grandma!

I will check out your new thread. I do not have a problem putting me first- or at least 2nd or 3rd!! I have learned that if I don't take care of me and make me a priority- no one else will either!

I have been figuring out that alcohol and eating out really affect my weight in a negative way! And I also notice the old 'carb drift' up. I have to keep my focus on keeping my carb levels appropriate.

I love this WOL and wish there was more info on maintaining that was helpful. Judy recently posted a link to some interesting stuff.

Glad you are back, Sara, and I am looking forward to learning more ( as usual) from you!

Later-
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Tue, Mar-31-09 at 12:43.
  #935   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 12:46
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi Sara and Eno! Good to see you both!
Sara, congrats on the grandbaby. My niece just had a baby - who is cute as a button (the closest I'll get to a grandbaby! lol)
Denise
  #936   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-09, 04:15
Princess Sara

Thanks for the welcome back.

I have a cold this morning--caught from my beautiful granddaughter. It is pouring down rain. I guess I will just put one foot in front of the other today. At least eating will be unappealing.
Sara<><
  #937   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 09:13

BF:
Progress:
Default Snack Foods

Anyone have some good ideas on late night snacks. Sometimes nuts just won't do. Something artificially sweet?

Last edited by mmblitz1 : Fri, Apr-03-09 at 09:20.
  #938   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 15:27

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblitz1
Anyone have some good ideas on late night snacks. Sometimes nuts just won't do. Something artificially sweet?

Every evening, I have a bowl of Costco frozen blue or mixed berries.

Slightly defrost berries, add one tablespoon of plain yogurt and one packet of Splenda.

Gently mix.

Easy, healthy and delicious.

Bo

Last edited by BoBoGuy : Fri, Apr-03-09 at 19:34.
  #939   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-09, 01:44

BF:
Progress:

Thanks so much! I haven't had fruit in 6 months and I think my carb intake is about 60 grams per day. Do you think it will stop my weight loss?
  #940   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-09, 22:15

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Thanks so much! I haven't had fruit in 6 months and I think my carb intake is about 60 grams per day. Do you think it will stop my weight loss?

Perhaps the below will help?

Click Here

Good luck.

Bo
  #941   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-09, 04:16
Princess Sara

I'm down another pound.
I feel so much better.

Hey guys,
How long have you been maintaining? I'm up for a daily chat. My signature line kind of gives my story. I am an insulin pump wearer (type 1 diabetic) so it took me two years to lose my 75 pounds. I have maintained pretty well since then. I did take a year and some months off of low carb, but the weight started creeping back up.

I've been back on low carb for a month and the weight is coming off. I'm really pleased about that since I am in menopause which adds to my slow losing.

My size 10's fit just fine, and I am in some of my size 8's. I want to get back to size 6 & 8.

Speaking of sizes, I have been wanting to ask men if they notice whether sizes have changed in the past decade or so. I call it "courtesy sizing." What used to be size 8 is size 6 now...that kind of thing. Women even have size 0 now. Isn't that just the strangest thing. Of course it is about retail dollars. Women will buy more if it is a size smaller.
Sara<><
  #942   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-09, 09:28
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:

I usually have fresh blueberries/greek yogurt.

Athough I ususally eat it as a meal, I like fresh blueberries, chopped walnuts drizzled with sugar free choc sauce.

I know you don't want nut suggestions, although it sounds weird, dry roasted almonds in cream. Yum.

Denise

Been maintaining 18 months.
  #943   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-09, 17:11

Plan: Maintenance since 6/08
Stats: 250/189/195 Male 70 inches
BF:Not so much.
Progress: 111%

Quote:

Cucumbers are fruit. So are bell peppers.
  #944   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-09, 04:19
Princess Sara

Pengu1, interesting information. BTW I'm trying to NOT look at your signature line. I'm such a dog lover. Although, to be fair, I'm sure there are some really "nice" cows out there that I have eaten.

As for snacks, I'm just the boring diet jello kinda gal.
Sara<><
  #945   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-09, 17:35

BF:
Progress:

any way to spice up diet jello? do they make good popsicles frozen? Any way to thicken them up a little, the ones I find are very runny.