Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-18, 12:33

Plan: keto
Stats: 121/115/109 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Default Low Carb Baby

Hi Y'all! I started what I thought was keto at the beginning of the year with my boyfriend. I cut out all sugar. I now use erythrytol for cooking and stevia drops for my coffee. Big step as I was a sugar in the raw addict. The kind that has coffee with her sugar. Anyway, I've lost about 6 or 7 pounds since I started. Now I seem to have hit a standstill. Not sure why although I did discover that I am not strict enough for true keto (17 g of carbs or less a day). I try to remain under 40. I would love some tips to continue to lose. My goal is to lose another 5 pounds. I have been experimenting with lots of recipes with much success but am always open to new snack and breakfast and lunch ideas.
I am Allfornat on pinterest if anyone is interested in some great tested recipes. I am looking forward to learning a lot here because it seems I have a lot to learn! Thanks for letting me join!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-18, 19:44
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Welcome. This is a supportive group and we take our health seriously.

There are two things I'd like to say:
First, all diets work in the beginning and then the weight loss invariably slows down. It isn't considered a plateau until the scale doesn't budge for 4 weeks. I know. That seems like forever, but it's scientific.
Second, you don't have much weight to lose. Not much fat to burn and that's what ketogenic diets burn for fuel. That could also be the reason for the slow down.

If you're planning to keep to this WayOfEating (we call it WOE) I'd say, just keep doing what you're doing.

Hope this helps you in some way. Read around on the forum for good information.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-18, 08:38

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hey Lowcarb baby, Yup, I agree with Bluesinger, you are at the right place, just be thankful you don't have far to go, sit back, relax, read, then read some more. Hang in, it will come off, one day at a time, stop by my journal sometime, I love company...have a positive day, ttys
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 06:27

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

You may not know that with this change in foods, the body sheds a lot of water initally. After that dump, expect a slow down...just keep going.

I too used to have coffee with my cream and sugar!!!! Great memories. Been coffee free for some 18 years, started yesterday with a coffee and cream and splenda. As close as I can get to Coffee and CO that many enjoy.

Surround yourself with resources, like a new recipe book ( Dana Carpenter is one) and search the internet too.

I highly recommend having a Dr Atkins New DIet Revolution copy on hand---- it is loaded with info you will need. You can always ask here too.