Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 365.6/358.4/225 Male 5 ft 10 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello

Hello-

I am a 39 year old male that desperately needs to lose weight!! I have done this before and lost about 120 lbs. I have gained every bit of it back and need some support to keep me headed in the right direction! I am hoping there are some active members on here!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 10:25
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

If you make this how you eat for life then you will have lasting results. I did "the Low Carb diet" a dozen times over 3 decades and lost well over 1000 pounds. I always returned to the diet that made me get fat and got the same results every time. I gained back all the weight and more. It was only when I made this a permanent way of eating that I got the results that I've always wanted. The "weight" result was important, but feeling totally in control of what I eat was the miracle. It was so nice not to be hungry all the time. The health improvements, including reversing high blood pressure and T2 diabetes was certainly a motivating factor, too. This is a healthy way to eat. I know that it is how I was meant to eat. It is likely the same for you, too. Some of us run better with fat as our primary fuel source.

I wish you the best as you get started. Make this how you eat for life and I'm sure that you will not only reach your weight loss goal but surpass it. I would recommend starting a journal here and visit often. Post questions. This forum is sort of a quiet place these days, but there are still plenty of experienced folks around to answer questions and provide support. Read up or watch videos related to low carb (Gary Taubes stuff really helped me). Knowing WHY this WOE works helped me figure out why my old carb centric diet didn't work (and would never work) for me. The first few months is hard, but if you stick with the program it does get easier. Eventually eating LC will feel like your normal diet. You won't even miss the junk anymore.

Again, best wishes. Get the job done for you and your fam. That was a motivating factor for me, too. I always hated being the biggest dad around. Now I'm not.

Last edited by khrussva : Fri, Feb-09-18 at 07:41.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-18, 02:07

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Greeting from a fellow 39 year old male.

Ken has summed things up pretty well. The very fact that you've done this before proves that you can do it again.

Just don't ever stop this time; make this your new normal. I too put a little back on last year after treating myself a little too often and am currently working on shaking the last of it back off. That was something of a lesson learned for me, that this really has to be my new normal too. So be it.

Hope to see you stick around, and maybe start a journal?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-18, 13:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 365.6/358.4/225 Male 5 ft 10 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I know that I can do it again, and I loved this WOE while I was doing it. This is the reason I searched out this forum as the one I followed along with last time has hardly any active members anymore! I will check into the journal. Thanks again!!