Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 12:22

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 330/270/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default I'm back....again.

Hello everyone,
My name is Melinda and I have found and Lost my way too many times over these last few years. I feel so embarrassed. I really love this forum and I love how atkins/keto makes me feel and of course all of the health benefits from this way of eating. I've been doing semi low carb since October and I really buckled down to 20 grams or less starting at the beginning of this month.
I have Pcos and have been in denial about diabetes. if I don't stick with low carb I'm going to need to use insulin and I soooo don't want to go down that road. My heaviest was 350. When restarting in October I was at 330lbs. Today, I'm at 292.

I used to love the 5 pound challenges here so I will join those again for sure.

Low carb helped me lose weight and get pregnant at 250 pounds. My goal now is to get to a healthy weight and then try to conceive again.

I have a huge amount of anxiety because I'm terrified of losing my way again. I follow a lot of low carb groups on facebook and I will be sure to keep coming here to keep my focus strong.

If you made it through, thanks for reading!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 07:39
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I did nothing but lose some, regain more -- rinse and repeat -- for decades and most of that was done with a low carb diet. I was at a loss for how to keep the weight off. I think that I accepted being overweight well enough, but when being constantly sick and tired (undiagnosed diabetes) got added to the mix that was it. That was my wakeup call and started looking for a solution that would actually work for me. I found it here on this forum. I saw what the successful losers had done and just followed in their footsteps. Basically, I decided to do this low carb thing all the way as a lifestyle change - NO MATTER WHAT. NO EXCUSES. I had to make LC my diet. I had to stop thinking of this as a temporary thing. It was the same old diet misery at first, but sticking to it all the way eventually paid off. I'm not talking about the scale number, either. The first few months were hard. Then this WOE started to get easier. Eventually it simply became how I eat. With the cravings gone and the "will I or won't I cheat" debate put to rest I became happy with how I eat. I was still 150 pounds from my goal weight when that happened but I knew I was going to get there.

The past is the past. It is time for you to do this right. You can do this. It looks like you are already making progress. I wish you the best in reaching your goals. Don't let diabetes win.

Consider joining the TDC Weekly Weigh-in thread. Our numbers have thinned in recent months and we could sure use some company.

Last edited by khrussva : Wed, Feb-07-18 at 15:12.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 13:23

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 330/270/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I did nothing but lose some, regain more -- rinse and repeat -- for decades and most of that was done with a low carb diet. I was at a loss for how to keep the weight off. I think that I accepted being overweight well enough, but when being constantly sick and tired (undiagnosed diabetes) got added to the mix that was it. That was my wakeup call and started looking for a solution that would actually work for me. I found it here on this forum. I saw what the successful losers had done and just followed in their footsteps. Basically, I decided to do this low carb thing all the way as a lifestyle change - NO MATTER WHAT. NO EXCUCES. I had make LC my diet. I had to stop thinking of this as a temporary thing. It was the same old diet misery at first, but sticking to it all the way eventually paid off. I'm not talking about the scale number, either. The first few months were hard. Then this WOE started to get easier. Eventually it simply became how I eat. With the cravings gone and the "will I or won't I cheat" debate put to rest I became happy with how I eat. I was still 150 pounds from my goal weight when that happened but I knew I was going to get there.

The past is the past. It is time for you to do this right. You can do this. It looks like you are already making progress. I wish you the best in reaching your goals. Don't let diabetes win.

Consider joining the TDC Weekly Weigh-in thread. Our numbers have thinned in recent months and we could sure use some company.

Thank you for this. It's just what I needed to read! I read through some of your old posts and I see so much of the same health issues in myself. Congratulations on your amazing success! You are so inspiring!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 20:45

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Welcome back to the rest of you life. YOU CAN DO THIS.