Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  245 lbs to 180 lbs weight loss photo with explanation

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-13, 05:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Taubes
Stats: 218.6/201.8/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Congratulations. How long did it take you to lose all that? What was your main foods you ate?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-13, 11:01
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

congradulations!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-13, 11:10

Plan: No grains, no sweeteners
Stats: 240/200/- Male 6'1
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelyBelly
Congratulations. How long did it take you to lose all that? What was your main foods you ate?

It took a year.

Well I eat stir fried vegetables(i generally stir fry with water instead of oil, still learning how to stir fry though dont know much about it but doing ok so far) with a little meat or salad with some meat on it... i also like eating falafel and humus or baba ghanoush. Sometimes I'll eat nuts, um also like fruit sometimes but not really fruit juice. Sometimes beans. Guacamole is good. Ive been staying away from rice and bread and corn but sometimes have some corn chips or if corn is in stuff i dont worry.

As far as white potatoes i eat potato chips from time to time but generally stay away from eating white potatoes and mashed potatoes for the most part. I like the "burrito bowls"(burrito bowls basically just a bowl with the stuff in the burrito but no tortilla on it) from mexican places where i get them without rice. But to break it down i eat vegetables, meat, beans, fruit, nuts, and i like water but am a fluoride skeptic so tend to get it bottled.

I just avoid rice, pasta, bread, other grains, stuff with sugar, artificial sweeteners etc... Msg i avoid..

I rarely eat a piece of cheese, generally dont drink milk... Sometimes drink a middle eastern yogurt drink. But i dont drink milk and dont eat egg yokes.

My friend wants me to be vegetarian and sometimes i feel bad about eating meat but this is the stuff i eat now. Maybe i'll explore vegetarianism in the future or something. I do think people should try to buy free range chickens and beef from cows that get to walk around fields.

On occasion i drink vita coco and dole pineapple juice but generally i stay away from juices because i read a lot of juice isnt good. I eat fruit though, not tons of it or anything but might have a pear or apple or banana each day or something like that. I like watermelon.

When i weighed 245 burning fat was easy because it took a lot of energy to walk around because being that weight is like carrying a couple bowling balls around. So i bought a pedometer and tried to walk a mile or two 6 days a week. Also started doing pushups, pull ups, and ab exercises 3 days a week which took about 10 minutes. So thats 30 minutes of working out a week plus going for walks and removing a few things from my diet. It wasnt hard at all.

I didnt worry about how much food i ate(and still dont). I just ate what felt to be a normal amount, i didnt calorie count or anything. I didnt change how much i ate. I changed what i ate.

Last edited by Humbaba : Thu, Jul-11-13 at 11:15.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-13, 13:24

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations! You look great, much healthier.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-13, 11:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/193.6/165 Male 5 8
BF:
Progress:

Great job! Inspirational

Can you elaborate on your story?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-13, 21:59
Registered Member

Plan: paleo and ketogenic
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

Congrats. You should be proud of yourself!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-13, 20:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%

man... i have to start exercising.. i've gone from 251lbs to 185lbs and i look NO where near as thin as you, congrats though! that's amazing!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-13, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 149/138/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Good job!!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-14, 06:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Taubes