Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-12, 08:41

Plan: CAD
Stats: 177.5/173/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Finished 1st week CAD

Hi all. I just finished my first week of CAD. I lost 2 pounds. I'm very happy with that. But I need some help with breakfast ideas. Last week I had 2 eggs each day, but I can't see myself eating eggs for breakfast forever. One of the biggest reasons I chose CAD was because of the reward meal. I personally could never stick with Atkin's long term, but think I can do CAD since I can continue to eat the things I love. I appreciate any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-12, 11:19

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Congratulations on your loss and finishing your first week.

I've loosened up when it comes to 'what is breakfast'..and that has helped a lot. Breakfast if you want to stay traditional could be quiche muffins (made with a parmesan cheese 'crust', no flour - many recipes for this ..just whatever you prefer for a filling.
I have a recipe (more for fall/winter, is heavy) from a list I was once on, for breakfast bars - uses a base of a homemade breakfast sausage with an egg mix poured atop (and veggies) and baked, then cut into bars..great makeahead breakfast.

Again - more for fall/winter, have a recipe for a sausage gravy (made with sour cream, no flour) to be had over mashed cauliflower, with scrambled eggs on the side..scratches the sausage gravy over biscuits itch somewhat.

I'd say have what your tummy can handle. It can be a quick and easy homemade egg drop soup done cm style, devilled eggs stuffed with tuna fish, lettuce wraps - romaine leaves with mayo wrapped around slices of cheese and cm meat - i.e. homemade roast beef or leftover london broil slices.

Simple cream cheese stuffed celery sticks.

It's wide open - whatever would appeal to you!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-12, 13:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I do eat 2 eggs every morning- and have for the almost 9 years here. But this is a YMMV issue. Why can't you see yourself eating the eggs?
Congrats on your first week- and welcome! Please post a lot - it helps! Tell us more about you too!
E
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-12, 20:12

Plan: CAD
Stats: 177.5/173/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 12%

Thanks for the ideas Patricia. Eno, I like eggs, but don't like 'em that much. But i think honestly, if that's what I have to do then by golly I'll do it. I LOVE bacon. So that is a big plus. My biggest struggle is that I'm too picky. The allowable vegatables that I like are are just a few. But this is a good time to switch to this WOE, because the ones I like are so readily available. I'll post about me tomorrow. Where should I do that?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-12, 04:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

there is a thread right here called HOUR POWER- it's our main thread. You can also start a journal- if you want to read others look for the JOURNAL button on the bottom R of the posts by Pat-
E
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-12, 04:51

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

The Hellers have 2 cookbooks with different breakfast options, some using soy flour. Check it out.. on Amazon. The regular one and the No Cravings cookbook. You can get them used for a penny.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 15:05
Registered Member

Plan: SB / CALP
Stats: 289/259/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

I do not especially want to eat any soy because of thyroid issues , does anyone know if nut flour or coconut flour can be substituted ?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy
I do not especially want to eat any soy because of thyroid issues , does anyone know if nut flour or coconut flour can be substituted ?

Not that I know of, they would be for rm items only. I never did use soy flour the few recipes I saw the Heller's list it for..think soy is far from benign.

If you want something for cm's - try the revolution rolls (recipe down in the kitchen section)..the one I use is just made of cream of tartar, egg whites and cream cheese (there are clean cream cheese brands out there, may take a little looking). They work suitably for a non-bread 'bread' at a cm.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 16:13

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

I get tired of eggs too but I still like them enough to eat them most days. But I don't LOVE them and some days I just can't stand the thought of them.
I stumbled on a really yummy egg dish that I could literally eat every day:
Fry 2 eggs, put 2-3 slices of ham deli meat on top of each egg (or even canadian bacon, yum!), flip over and put a slice of swiss cheese on the other side. Melt cheese and serve.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 20:03
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

that sounds GREAT. I'm going to try it!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 07:37
Registered Member

BF:

I did something similar this am , i cooked up some bacon rashers ( unsmoked irish bacon , leaner than regular ) then i cooked up some egg whites , put the crispy rashers on top and melted some light havarti on top , it was delicious !
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 12:34

Quote:
I did something similar this am , i cooked up some bacon rashers ( unsmoked irish bacon , leaner than regular ) then i cooked up some egg whites , put the crispy rashers on top and melted some light havarti on top , it was delicious !

I love anything with bacon
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 13:23

Quote:

Almond flour, ground flaxseed meal, fava bean flour. WheatBelly Cookbook has many 'bread' recipes in it. I don't have a problem with soy but it tends to make 'bread items' very soft and limp. I made the 'biscuits' last week. This week I made basic bread. It has good texture. I also made pizza crust that you can actually hold in your hand.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 13:48
Registered Member

BF:

I would like to use almond or coconut flour , but these are not CM friendly
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-13, 07:37

Almond flour is very low carb. I don't use coconut flour. I'm allergic to coconuts. I gave up wheat so that's not part of the RM which kind of limits options. So I think it balances out.