Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-17, 14:05

Plan: keto, lchf
Stats: 190/186/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hello

Hi, my name is Judy and I just turned 70 (ugh). Four years ago I lost 40 lbs, basically low carb, no sugar. Three years ago I remarried and my new DH was not/is not interested in eating low carb. I ate his way for over a year and gained almost 20 pounds back. I tried Trim Healthy Mama for over a year and at some point I lost 10 of those stubborn pounds. but messed up and ultimately gained it back, for the last several months I've tried Keto and low carb. but kept falling off and on, for a long time last year I kept my carbs below 20 a day. We went on vacation and it all went out the window. I'd get back on doing well all day and then I'd eat a package of cookies in the evening. This went on for months. In total disgust with myself last week I went on an egg fast diet. I've stuck to it for five days and have lost 5 pounds. At some point I'll have to transition back into low carb. I did a web search and just found this forum. Thanks for adding me.

PS I've been wearing a garmin vivofit for several months and it seems like I can only get up to 5,000 steps a day. I sit here in my office next to my treadmill and don't use it. I have a nice recumbent bike and a rowing machine that I just walk buy. I want to get myself back on those.

Since I've just turned 70, I know in my head that I need to get more exercise, I can allreeady see how my body has deminished in the last three years from not working out.

I forgot to add that I do intermittent fasting.

Judy

Last edited by nomifyle : Tue, Feb-28-17 at 14:22.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-17, 17:50

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Judy,
You have found a great forum for both information and support. Look around all the sub-forums, see what appeals. Can keep a journal, join a buddy group, or read the research or fasting threads. I'm 66 and been on LC since Aug 2010, and as of this month five years maintaining goal weight. It can be done without suffering. All the best,
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-17, 11:05

Plan: keto, lchf
Stats: 190/186/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thank you for the encouragement, and congrats on maintaining. What kind of exercise do you do?

Right now I'm doing an egg fast, on day 6 and I've lost 6 pounds, although for the last three days I deviated and ate something besides eggs in the middle part of the day, almost zero carbs in those foods. But eggs, butter and cheese for two meals.

Judy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 03:43

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I don't do much exercise; at least not anything that needs to be tracked by a Fitbit I do slow and heavy weights (power of ten, Fred Hahn type exercise at a Y) some intense water aerobics in winter and daily in summer, walking outside though damaged my knee hiking last August, gardening, rather everyday "stuff". Also don't egg or fat fast, just plain 'ole fast now. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=472377
Sounds like you are doing great with the egg fast.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 06:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Hello and Welcome, nomifyle!

Lots of great support here on this forum. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will have an answer or point you in the right direction!

Wishing you much success on your journey to better health!