Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 19:33

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 176/175/135
BF:
Progress:
Question Queen of Turtles?

Help! After three weeks of this LC lifestyle, I'm stuck and discouraged. I've been travelling for nearly a week and wonder if that might have anything to do with being stalled. I went from 176 to 171. Now I'm back at 173. I don't know what to do. I subsist on meat, cheese, eggs, salad and peanuts. Any cheating has been below 15 carbs per day, if that much. What should I do?

On another note, anyone know anything about psyllium fiber? Is it a no-no or a good thing?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 23:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi az!

I noticed in your profile that you have not read a book on Somersizing? If that is the plan you choose to follow, it would be best to start from the beginning and actually read one of her books, then start anew with a fresh outlook. There is more to LC than subsistence.

Check out 'Which Plan is Right for Me?" in the quick links at the right hand side of the page. You may find another more suitable plan.

Psyllium husks are fine if you're constipated. You don't need them if your not.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 21:10

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

peanuts would stall me, though I can't swear about you.

Try following a KISS plan for a couple weeks. You can have eggs, meat (but none processed, like bacon or sausages), veggies, oil and butter, and (preferrably) raw seeds like pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Absolutely zero artificial sweeteners or bars or shakes are allowed. Nothing out of a jar--if you want mayo, you make it yourself from egg yolks and oil. Cheese stalls a lot of people. If you lose on KISS, something in your diet now is stalling you...so you'd slowly add one food at a time back in (cheese for four days, then nuts for four days) and watch the scale. When your weight rebounds, you've found a food senstivity, and so get rid of the food. Bad news: it'll probably be one you hate to give up! But the good news? It's probably causing you symptoms other than weight gain that you'll be happy to see go.

Hang in there. Drink PLENTY of water. sounds like you've got a stubborn case, but it will yield to experimentation!