Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 14:19

Plan: Undecided
Stats: 192/192/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Would some of you mind posting your daily menus here ..

to help give a newbie guidance? Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 16:36

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Lightbulb I have a great idea for you Aces!

Most of us who have journals write our meals down in them. Not all, but most. The best way to see what we eat is to find an SPer, and look for the JOURNAL icon at the bottom of one of our posts. If there's a Journal Icon, just click on it and it will take you to our journal.

To get you started, I will tell you a typical day for me (when I'm not "cheating" on my "treat" day).

BREKKIE:
2-3 scrambled eggs (scrambled with heavy cream), cooked in either bacon faat or unsalted butter.
1/2 of a red, yellow or orange bell pepper
1/2 cup (dry measure) oatmeal (I allow myself up to 45 grams carbs at meals, depending on how I feel) with cream and a few fresh berries .
Herbal NO CAFFEINE Tea with stevia powder

LUNCH:
Turkey fajitas (turkey break pre-sliced), grilled in olive oil with peppers and onions and garlic, sometimes I use a little sea salt, served with salsa, whole fat sour cream (Knudsen is a great brand if you don't have a Trader Joe's or health food store nearby), tomatoes, sometimes a corn tortilla .

DINNER:
Roasted chicken with gorgonzola cream sauce (made with drippings, white wine, dash soy sauce or sea salt, heavy cream, green onions, etc)
Salad w/homemade roquefort dressing
served w/tomatoes and a variety of other fresh veggies like peppers, cukes, sometimes carrot strips (altho I tend to avoid carrots), whatver is fresh and yummy.
Perhaps mashed "fauxtatoes" made from cauliflower.
Or grilled zukes .
And a delicious dessert of whipped heavy cream served with fresh blueberries and rasberries and chopped cashews.

IF I need a snack (I usually don't snack don't eat unless I need to, like about a week before Aunt Flo visits ), I will have a couple handfuls of macadamia nuts or string cheese or some leftover meat in the fridge, and maybe a cup of tea. Or, I wrap the leftover meat in mayo-slathered lettuce and sprinkle some parmesan cheese in it, then wrap it and eat. Yum!

Hope this helps. I have some great food pictures in my journal, I think they start on after page 3 and go thru page 5 (when you're signed in, otherwise I don't know what page they are on).

In the meantime, I suggest you read the SPers journals, that's why they are there, to help you.

Best wishes to you!