Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 11:25

Plan: atkins diet plan
Stats: 230/222/180 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

hello, my name is dustbunnie and i recently joined low cs, i am
65 so i fall in to yr categorie. it is hard not to fall of the wagon,
specially if u like sweets. but i am doing my best, i hope with
buddies help to lose about 45lbs. succes to u all.
dustbunnie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 06:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

HI dustbunnies, I too am 65 and I started May 22nd and to date I have lost 28 1/2 pounds. I feel great. Good luck to you. Visit my journal anythime. Peg
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 07:47
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 132/126.5/110 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default I Qualify, Unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainopal
If you are between 60 and 70 like I am (65 actually) I would love to have you join me on this thread.

I initially lost 25 pounds on induction and a few weeks on the next phase of the Atkins. Then "I fell off the wagon" and went on a weeks long binge and regained 7 pounds.

I had to restart induction several times before I was finally able to stay on it long enough to get back into Ketosis. Now I am back down to 165 lbs (that is I lost 2 of the 5 lbs I regained) and my next minigoal is 160 pounds.

I have been unable to exercise due to having trouble with my right knee. It's been swollen & painful and had to be drained. I see an Orthopedist today to see what is going on.

Sorry for such a long introduction. Look forward to hearing from more 60's.

I didn't see this forum, or I would have posted on here before...I just turned 63, but feel 105 most days. I suffer with CFS & Thyroid disease & losing weight is so much more difficult than when I was young. I can't exercise right now, & that is hampering my plan immensly. My goal is 110 pounds & that is where I feel best, but at the rate that I am going, don't know if I will ever make it. I don't know how I let myself get 25 pounds overweight...I guess I like to eat too much & being a carb addict didn't help!
I hope that you get some help with your knee & it feels better soon.

Eve
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 13:41

Plan: atkins diet plan
Stats: 230/222/180 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:
Default reply to eve

hello eve,
welcome to our bunch of losers (weight that is) . it is an uphill battle, i am 65 and fell off the wagon also, but we have to keep on struggling. my name is gerry and i go by the name of dustbunnie. good luck drop me a note anytime. gerry