Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-16, 07:43

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

Perhaps the low fat edifice is finally tumbling down. We can hope.

Jean
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-16, 10:13

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Perhaps the low fat edifice is finally tumbling down. We can hope.

Jean

The outraged and stupid response to this clear, documented, illustrated, and indisputable set of case studies shows us why it has hung on for so long, has it not?
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-16, 11:53

Plan: Bernstein, Fung, IF
Stats: 267/202/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

I just watched episode 3. What an amazing piece of tv viewing. Honest. Direct. And clearly demonstrates how reachable better health can be without bells, whistles, and other hoopla. Thanks Janet for sharing the links!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-16, 16:54

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Dr. Ranjan Chatterjee has been everywhere since becoming a media darling in the UK.

A short interview at Vail, Seven Tips to Make LC Easy: http://www.dietdoctor.com/seven-tip...low-carb-simple

1. Change your Environment...clear junk out of cupboards
2. Don't Drink your Calories
3. No refined, processed carbs at all; bread, pasta, etc the usual and adds white potato to that list.
4. Increase healthy natural fats; eggs, meats, butter.
5. Five portions of non-starchy vegetables, kale, leeks etc. bound with fiber and cook in CO, OO.
6. Don't worry about calories
7. Optional, at least a 12 hour fast at night, longer if possible.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-16, 12:24

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Thanks Demi, enjoyed reading more about Dr McDreamy.
Nothing wrong with having a doctor who is easy on the eyes makes the visits way more pleasant.

Dr. McDreamy - love it! My own doc reminds me of one of my cousins.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, May-12-17, 06:01

Dr. Chatterjee returns on May 15th. Eventually the episodes become available outside the UK, but if you have BBC, a story in the DailyMail about the upcoming series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...s-make-ill.html

All the Time I See Patients Who Don’t Need a Pill, They Need a Change of Lifestyle

More pills to treat conditions can actually do more harm than good. But simple lifestyle changes, on the other hand, can have tremendously positive impacts. That’s the philosophy of BBC’s star Dr. Rangan Chatterjee, who is having quite a lot of success treating patients.

We doctors are really good at treating acute problems you can get rid of with a drug — infections, pneumonia, for example. But outside acute cases, too often we provide a treatment that suppresses symptoms without looking for a root cause, and so people take pills long term for an issue that a small change of lifestyle might have solved.
– Dr. Rangan Chatterjee
  #37   ^
Old Sat, May-13-17, 02:12

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:

For those of us in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rchq0

Quote:
BBC One - Monday, 15 May at 9pm (BST)

Doctor in the House

Series 2 - Episode 1

For the last 15 years mum of two, Gemma, has battled cluster headaches up to ten times a day. Experts often refer to them to as 'suicide headaches' because the pain is said to be the worst that any human can experience. This crippling condition is destroying family life and particularly taking its toll on husband, Simon. It's a major challenge for Dr Chatterjee. So far, no one has been able to help Gemma overcome her condition and the family are desperate for a cure.

Gary Farmer lost his leg in a car crash when he was five years old, but he's overcome his disability and achieved success as a Paralympic ice hockey player. However, a lifetime on crutches and a punishing exercise regime has severely damaged his shoulders and he will soon be confined to a wheelchair. It's up to Dr Chattergee to come up with a solution to keep him on his feet and able to compete.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rblpk

Quote:
BBC One - Monday, 22 May at 9pm (BST)

Doctor in the House

Series 2 - Episode 2

The doctor is called in to help 34-year-old Emma, who has been suffering from severe anxiety, panic attacks and depression since she was 19. She is refusing to see a counsellor and instead relies on a cocktail of antidepressants, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and high-sugar foods. Dr Rangan must find a way to get to the bottom of Emma's mental health problems and break the vicious cycle that's destroying her life.

Despite James Murray's healthy lifestyle, he struggles with debilitating exhaustion and terrible sleep. For twenty years, his condition has been a mystery to doctors. Can Dr Rangan get to the root of his problem?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rzs35

Last edited by Demi : Sat, May-13-17 at 02:17.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, May-13-17, 03:21

BF:

If you have access to Facebook, you can watch Dr Chatterjee taking part in a BBC Breakfast interview yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/DrChatterjee/
  #39   ^
Old Sat, May-13-17, 03:41

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Loved this! Thanks for sharing it!
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-17, 10:47

BF:

Due to schedule changes, the final episode of the latest Doctor in the House series will be shown next Tuesday night (27 June) at 10.45pm on BBC1. It will cover fibromyalgia, type 2 diabetes and preventative medicine.

Quote:
Nicola has been diagnosed with ten different conditions, including fibromyalgia, ME, sciatica and depression. Her pain and exhaustion have led her to become reliant on painkillers and she struggles to get through the day. Can Dr Chatterjee help Nicola find the cause of her problems and improve her health so that she can enjoy life again with her three young sons?

La-Vern is suffering from stress and severe exhaustion and is at risk of developing life-threatening type 2 diabetes. As a single mother, she works two jobs as a car saleswoman and a nightclub bouncer whilst juggling the demands of her two young sons. Rangan must find a way to completely overhaul her lifestyle, including her diet, sleeping habits and work-life balance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08tlyzs
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-17, 13:44
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

An "Oldie but goodie" post.
Videos is still blocked by LDS for people in the Colonies.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 05:55

Dr Chatterjee's new book, Four Pillars of Health, hits #1 on UK Amazon.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/rangan-c...eaches-1-amazon

Quote:
Congratulations to Dr. Rangan Chatterjee! His first book reached #1 in All Books on Amazon UK.

Dr. Chatterjee is very low-carb friendly and the star of the BBC series Doctor in the House, where he used a low-carb diet and intermittent fasting to help patients reverse type 2 diabetes.

Dr. Chatterjee’s plan takes a holistic approach to health, focusing on four “pillars”: Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep. When the book was published on December 28th he tweeted:

Our lifestyles can be our best medicine. My first book #the4PillarPlan is officially published today! I truly believe in its potential to help transform the lives of thousands.

If you want to congratulate Dr. Chatterjee feel free to do so via his website or on Twitter.

And here are the links to his book:

UK version: The Four Pillar Plan
US version: How to Make Disease Disappear (to be published on May 1st 2018).
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 06:07

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:

I wish all these people would just stop writing books or maybe I should just stop reading all these books. I've got the message but I guess a lot of others haven't gotten the message yet so the more books the better, assuming the information in them is worthwhile. I guess it's not always just about me.

Jean
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 09:27

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Funny, I have the same reaction these days. Clear evidence that I've read enough. I'm always looking for that new important finding that will help me to optimizer further, but I need to focus on reducing and not increasing my current library . . .

So many others can benefit, and if Dr. Chatterjee can reach them and some health authorities as well, good on him!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 12:28

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

With ~100 books in the house right now, I put the books Janet & others find on a list to borrow from or recommend to my local library. Once I've read it, I decide if I want to own a copy (paper or Kindle).

The Canadian edition also comes out on May 18th, but I noticed a few copies of the UK version are available in the US: https://www.amazon.com/Four-Pillar-...ngan+Chatterjee