Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#556   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 14:28
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
For everyone who wants to switch their "accounting" system in order to roll over their remaining pounds left in the 30# challenge (what IS happening with those 100# folks who don't need the double triple discounts and extensions???!), things are already set up.

Rollover applications are being accepted in the fiscal year challenge alternative thread. Just present your balance when you get there.

If you think you MIGHT spend your pounds by the end of the calendar year, but still want the option of the Fiscal year rollover extension just in case of unforeseen events and low year-end "sales", you can apply for rollover, and, if you lose all 30# within the calendar year, still take credit for it here (and in the fiscal year as well!).
Well, that sounds good! I need to get down to 231 in order to reach the 30 lb challenge. I'm pretty sure I won't get there by the end of the year, but I might get down to 235. That would leave me with 4 lbs to rollover into my new "account." So, when does the fiscal year start? When I was working, our fiscal year ran from July 1st through June 30.
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 14:47

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

We are working with the remaining fiscal year. Therefore, the fiscal year challenge end June 30 and only involves 15 pounds.
  #558   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 09:47

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm sorry for jumping in your thread. I didn't realize it was TDC. I hit new threads and just assumed it was in the challenge forum. ((blushing))
  #559   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 20:22
Walk in sunshine

Plan: LC'ing in Asia
Stats: 271/222/199 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 68%

Weight 216.1 - have 2.1 to go.

I been houvering around 216 - 218 lately. I have another business trip in 6 days. I will be gone for 12 days or so. I won't have any transportation means other than get and from to hotel. Place offers only cold continetal breakfast, and has small store. I heard sponsering company is offering sandwich for lunches. I won't know what's available within the vicinity until I get there. I'm sure it will be a challange fo me. If I don't get my the last 2 lb gone by this year, I'm rolling over to bail out 2008.
  #560   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 20:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okigirl
Weight 216.1 - have 2.1 to go.

I been houvering around 216 - 218 lately. I have another business trip in 6 days. I will be gone for 12 days or so. I won't have any transportation means other than get and from to hotel. Place offers only cold continetal breakfast, and has small store. I heard sponsering company is offering sandwich for lunches. I won't know what's available within the vicinity until I get there. I'm sure it will be a challange fo me. If I don't get my the last 2 lb gone by this year, I'm rolling over to bail out 2008.

That's always my big challenge with work trips. We are going to a remote desert retreat center in January where the food is vegetarian (there's a jacuzzi, though!). I think I am going to ship a whole bunch of Slim Jims (just kidding, but I will ship a whole bunch of dried cured meat!). A week later I'm at an academic conference to give a presentation on my work and I'm sure that will be gross food, too.

Good luck!

Janine
  #561   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 20:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmick
I'm sorry for jumping in your thread. I didn't realize it was TDC. I hit new threads and just assumed it was in the challenge forum. ((blushing))

I put the Fiscal Year challenge in the "challenge" thread, so you're welcome to join us there! No restrictions!

Janine
  #562   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 22:42
Never Give Up!

BF:

Back up to 242 today!

Back working a losing!
  #563   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 22:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
Back up to 242 today!

Back working a losing!

Awww, do you take your measurements, too, Kisal? Any positive news on that front?

Janine
  #564   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 02:19
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Awww, do you take your measurements, too, Kisal? Any positive news on that front?
No, I don't. I just go by how my jeans fit. They're fitting about the same as always, so I guess there's no progress that way, either.
  #565   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 08:12
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Okigirl,

I had an out-of-town inservice earlier this month, and it went pretty well. I had a small frig in my room, so went with a bag of washed spinach, a container of cottage cheese, salad dressing (blue cheese and bacon--seriously good!), grated cheese and crumbled bacon for condiments, tomato and red pepper. So I made myself a good salad for dinner in my room. Yogurt, blueberries, sweetener, and walnuts made a pretty good breakfast. That gave me enough food and clarity to make the best of lunch--like picking the toppings off the pizza and eating that, or peeling the breading off of chicken. Kept my water intake up by carrying a thermos into which I would put lemon and sweetener in the morning and fill it with warm water when I got there. Sometimes you just have to get through these things, but there is a little part of oneself that, I think, notices and is inspired by the extra effort.

Good luck, and congratulations on your progress towards your goal.
  #566   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 09:24

BF:

Quote:
No, I don't. I just go by how my jeans fit. They're fitting about the same as always, so I guess there's no progress that way, either.

You never know - depens on the jeans. If I wear stretch jeans it can be 50 pounds before they start to really big at all. I also fin that going by how pants fit my waist is a lost cause because my waist it always the last to shrink. You may be shrinking somewhere else?
  #567   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 14:12
Never Give Up!

BF:

Meh! I doubt it!

If I am, though, it's in my hips, thighs and butt, which is where I tend to lose weight first. So, maybe all I have to do is just be patient and not get discouraged.
  #568   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 14:18

BF:

Quote:
Meh! I doubt it!

If I am, though, it's in my hips, thighs and butt, which is where I tend to lose weight first. So, maybe all I have to do is just be patient and not get discouraged.

If you are like me, measure your thighs. I always get a nice reading there, although I don't like how scrawny they are getting. A lady on a mom's forum I'm on with a WW thread posted her measurements at 118 pounds and her thighs were identical to mine I want them to be luscious!

Kisal, I don't think you need to get patient - you already have the patience of a saint, as far as I can tell.

Janine
  #569   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-08, 08:01
Walk in sunshine

Plan: LC'ing in Asia
Stats: 271/222/199 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 68%

Thanks Janine and Kathleen for cheers and tips.

I was not optimistic at first, but found out an associate got a approval for rental car, so she has offered take me out grocery shopping! Room has a fridge, so works out fine for me.
  #570   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-08, 12:59
Never Give Up!

BF:

Down a whopping 0.2 lbs this morning.