Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 208/202/145 Female 5ft6"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Day 1

This is my first day on the plan and i haven't felt hungry. Since i'm not a big fan of vegetables except for mushroom--which i'm getting bored with, i would focus on getting my carbs from fruits. My carbs count for the day is 25g, from tomorrow i would make sure to get in at least 30g of carbs by adding peaches.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

One thing to ponder... is a way of eating that consists of protein mushrooms and fruit livable for the long haul? A week may be OK, but think about a year or for however long it takes?

Many people new to low-carbing came into it not liking vegetables but experimented with recipes to find something they liked. At first they started hiding the vegetables - making a casserole of cauliflower baked with meat sauce and Parmesan cheese for example - then started to enjoy them on their own. There are lots of good recipes in the Kitchen Forum here.

You're also missing out on the nutrients in vegetables and the fiber to keep you regular. Fruit does have nutrients but pales in comparison to dark leafy greens.

One of the best things about low-carbing is that it teaches you how to eat for maximum health. Another thing to consider.

Karen

Last edited by Karen : Wed, May-26-04 at 00:27.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:00

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Agnesta, good for you for choosing the healthiest way of eating: LOW CARB!

Have you read the Protein Power book(s)? There's a wealth of info there. Karen also gave you some good advice about sneaking veggies into your meals.

I'm sorry we haven't jumped in to welcome you yet, but please join us on the daily thread. We're a friendly bunch and love to share ideas. Just jump in and say HI!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:48

Plan: protein power
Stats: 146/146/125 Female 5ft. 4 in
BF:
Progress:

I'm new here and will begin PP tomorrow morning. I have had great success with it in the past and had my third baby 15months ago. These 15-20 lbs that didn't manage to come off with the baby need to go. I am looking for support and I think I am in the right place. I look forward to keeping on track.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 18:50

BF:

Hi, Mommy! Please come join us on the daily thread.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 21:28

Stats: 146/146/125 Female 5ft. 4 in
BF:
Progress:

I am sorry, but I am new at getting around here. I am looking for daily thread? Forgive me.....not a lot of experience with this. Any help appreciated. Where do I go? Thanks so much! Lost~
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 00:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Click this

Protein Power

It will take you to the top of the Protein Power Forum which is where the daily threads are.

Go ahead and click all over the place. Don't worry, you won't break anything!

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 07:07

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 208/202/145 Female 5ft6"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Hi!!!!!

Thanks for your replies.

I just recently went off vegetables, my favourite used to be broccoli, cauliflower and lettuce. I've lost my appetite for mushrooms as well, i wasn't able to have any yesterday. I'm just completely sick of them right now and really just getting into fruits-which i was fed up with a while back. Soon i'll try incorporating vegetables again into my diet. I still love sweetcorn and peas.

I'm still reading the Lifeplan book that i got from my library and browsing a few websites .
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:36
Registered Member

Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Hello everyone! Life is crazy helping to take care of my good friends kids while she is at her new house. The movers finished packing everything yesterday, was over at her place vacuuming and mopping floors for her. I kept thinking wouldn't it be nice for my house to be so clean... I just don't want to move. Needless to say, I kinda feeling low this week. I have two good friends moving away, both of which were good support people for me. I know they still will be but just not as easily accessible.

Welcome New Mom and Agneska! If you are looking for other ideas for vegetables and recipes what you can't find on the Forum, Dana Carpender with 500 Low Carb recipes has a load of goodies too! I think trying new recipes is what makes me enjoy what I am doing and be successful with this way of eating.

Have a good day everyone therese
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy23
I am sorry, but I am new at getting around here. I am looking for daily thread? Forgive me.....not a lot of experience with this. Any help appreciated. Where do I go? Thanks so much! Lost~

Unfortunatley, no one started the daily thread today. You've caught us at kind of a bad time. There's maybe 10 regular posters to the thread (maybe more), but quite a few of us are going through some pretty horrendous times right now that have nothing to do with low-carb eating.

Just look for a post (in the Protein Power forum, as Karen explained) that has the current date in the title or maybe the day of the week. We all do it a little differently.