Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 12:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201.5/186.5/159 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hello my friend! You are so right about eating better. I feel so much better since I cut out the sugar. It was literally driving me crazy. I think we both started about the same time, I'm rooting for you kiddo! keep up the good work. You can do this! Believe me I've never lasted more than 1 week on anyone's diet because I'm an emotional eater, and believe me it does'nt take much to set me in motion. But I've given up the comfort in food and decided to really chance from the inside out 1st. That's really where most weight gain problems begin....But I'll tell you guys..I watched the Discovery channel the other night. They had on the body challenge pre-show or whatever. But when they explained what happen's internally when you are carrying extra pounds I literally almost vomitted (sorry about my spelling). Anyway they showed the fat around the mid-section binded itself to your organ's (some is normal) but this was really thick and gross. The heart (while showing an autopsy of a fat dead person) was enlarged to the size of a mini football which they said was due to the amount of fat in the arteries which of course created blockage.But the blockage does'nt just cause heart disease it causes damage to other organ's within the body. That scared the crap right out of me! I was literally scared straight. Wish I had taped it for future motivation (HAHAHA!!) All jokes aside though it really was an eye openner. The good thing was they were'nt really advocating one diet plan so it was'nt anti-low carb or pro- low fat. Eat right and exercise was their quote. It's not that we did'nt know that we just sometimes forget to practice it. Also my friends they said even a 10lb weight loss can extend your life's expectancy considerably. So let's all focus on the health benefit's 1 lb. at a time. (smile)

Well, see you guys!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 13:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

I don't think that I could weigh everyday--tho when I do weigh I do a little pray before that I didn't gain!!
I am making chocolate fudge today----not to worry I found the recipe on this site--1.1 carb per serving. It is in the fridge cooling---so far it just seems SWEET---buttery and sweet. I am looking for milky and chocolaty---I will let you know the outcome!
Today is cold but really nice and they say that we are getting more than a foot of snow tomorrow-hmm?!
You should start a journal! Bear with the weather and happy losing!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 14:47

Stats: 201.5/186.5/159 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default ummmm choc sounds good!

Hello Puddypark. Hey where's that recipe I need to make some of that! Snow's following steady here in South Jersey. We already got over 6 inch. since this morning. Looks a mess out there> Stay warm..

Janine
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 18:33
Registered Member

Stats: 252/240.5/175 Female 67
BF:size 18w
Progress: 15%
Talking welcom!!

Hi there, my name is Angie and I am new to this board also. I am a full time nursing student as well, so I can feel your pain. Seems like all i do is sleep and study.

I'm also originally from East Texas. What town do you live in? Where do you go to school? I was born and raised in Kilgore, but now I live in Louisiana.

Good luck on the diet, and the nursing school. Gimme a holler should you need anything regarding either of the two.

Lots o luck

angie.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 11:52

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%