Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1966   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 10:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi-
the bogs sound interesting!
I hope you can figure out how to be successful, whatever that means to you. Hope is worth cultivating!!

Had a small very thin steak for breakfast yesterday- I got a package of them (they were cheap!) but didn't know how thin they were. So I fried it up in a cast iron skillet- yum. Tonight's planned RM: salad, steak in the skillet, cauliflower and spinach mixed, bread and butter, water.
Tomorrow we're going out to a local upscale grocery and restaurant that has fantastic burgers and they're half priced on Tuesday. We had no idea- friends of ours made the reservations.
Dinner home on Wednesday, then going to visit family for the weekend. Our family usually comes for Thanksgiving, but this year we are visiting the ones who won't make it to our house.
Later-
E
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-17, 04:06

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Just a brief update. I am happy with my progress re attitude and slow downward of weight. Today is the lowest since 9/02 - 270.4.

DH passed his last course last weekend, and graduates in a couple of weeks. He has already begun the process of applying for entrance into the Masters program he wants - begins this in January. And (thank you Lord), he has been approved for the educational benefit his employer offers. It will reimburse us fully for the Masters degree cost.

We celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary tomorrow. Yes, I am shamelessly happy.

I have a named possum now (we are in process of trapping groundhogs and this little possum got caught, and released per our request) and our rescue kitty from one year ago, is also finally losing weight.

Update done!
  #1968   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 14:35
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

HI-
Back from a quick trip to Washington DC. Visited family, and went to an amazing part of the Smithsonian Air&Space Museum- the Udvar-Hazy Museum. AMAZING. Actual Space Shuttle, Concorde, and all kinds of other planes and space vehicles. I have wanted to go for the last 10 years, but never had a car to get there.

Came home and weighed this am- amazed I was the same weight. I limited carbs but was unable to have lots of veggies or salad. Feel like I'm all swollen. It is good to be home.

Tonight we are going to a friend's for dinner- she is very strict LC (under 20g /day) and is a pescatarian. She eats fish but no other animals. I am hoping dinner will be tuna salad and other salads. She is not a good cook, but a good friend. For CM lunch today I had red cabbage salad, brussel sprouts and a roasted chicken breast quarter.

tomorrow is DH's day to bring home dinner- and then I have a pound of grass fed beef thawing out in the fridge for Wednesday.

later-
E
  #1969   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 06:34

Dealing with upswing from anniversary dinner out and the 2 rms on Sunday. Feeling good with how I handled a Monday out and about, and already heading back down.

Had a glorious Costco shop (think every time I get my hair done we will swing by the Costco that is near by...my hair dresser is about 45 minutes away).

Love my hair dresser and so grateful to have found someone to take care of my hair in the "later" decades. She rocks.

Roof is leaking again, so every time I think we are back on track, gulp. It is a blessing beyond belief that dh's employer has approved the educational benefit they offer (as a reimbursement payment) - it will completely pay for dh's MBA.
Woot!

Having large salad, NY strip steak, zucchini and 2 tiny mochi ice cream balls as carb for RM tonight. Looking forward to....my salad
  #1970   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-17, 04:46
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi!
Had a great RM last night- salad, chili, shishido peppers and half a glass of wine and half a roll as carb. Put mushrooms and peppers in with the meat for the chili.

I'm bored with eggs, so I'm having chili for breakfast today.
Lunch and dinner are out. Lunch will be at a Chinese place I've never been. As long as they give me the lunch special with no rice I'll be fine. Dinner is at a meeting.

Going out for a walk as soon as I finish my coffee and chili!

Have a great day-
E
  #1971   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-17, 15:27

MaryH, how are you doing? I haven't seen you post recently. Pop in and give an update!
  #1972   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 06:36
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi!-
weather here is finally changing. Hope your weather in Ohio is great, Pat.

Had cottage cheese for breakfast CM- had a meeting early.
Had my coffee too!

Lunch will probably be a salad with a can of olive oil tuna.

RM dinner plan is salad, chicken breast and fried plantains for carb.

later-
E
  #1973   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 10:27

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Just popping back in today;
Sorry i missed all your recent posts.

Well the good news is I've finally got myself going to cookery classes...
Still pretty haphazard when it comes to preparing meals so they're long over-due. It's because of those digestive problems i had in the past; food and preparing meals just became overwhelming and i ended up lacking all enthusiasm.

What i made was an apple pie; -I made a silly mistake when it came to cooking it; but anyway-its all a learning process.
There was also a demonstration of a 'white wine sauce' too that could be
altered to include different ingredients like chicken/salmon.

Loving it so far.

No excuses anymore- CM meals here i come.
  #1974   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 11:17

BF:

Hi Eno; that Air&Space Museum sounds amazing. It would fill you with such a sense of wonder to think of what man is capable of doing.
I love planetariums and learning about the universe as well.

Great to have an alternative to eggs too in the morning; Sometimes its hard to face the same thing every day.

Patricia; That's great news about your husband. He sounds really ambitious;
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!
Your so blessed to find the love of your life.
I still haven't yet-i'm almost 37 years old
but i'm not worrying either as the older i get; the more i know what kind of man i'm most compatible with. I'd rather no relationship at all than to be in a bad one.

I had an experience i think you'd find amusing;
This stray cat appeared around our house recently; so we started to feed it; he wasn't exactly that friendly and we couldn't pet without it lashing out at us so we presumed it was just another feral cat that may have been dumped at our house.
One afternoon we spotted an ad in the newspaper with a picture of this cat; he had been missing for almost 2 months and his owner had sent out as SOS with posters everywhere; online, offering rewards, saying how 'dearly loved and missed' he was. We could not believe it. It had strayed almost 8 miles away.

The reunion was such a sight to behold; the cat was like a different creature when he seen his owner and ran to him & into his arms and threw himself down at this feet. It was just such a miracle for this guy to get his cat back...he had been so upset, thinking it had died. I think he was even praying to get it back... His prayers were definitely heard.

So who says cats aren't loyal. It did my heart good to see.
  #1975   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 12:02

Thank you Mary for the anniversary congratulations, means a lot to me.
I would say you have the same attitude I had - to not be in a relationship just for the sake of being in one. I went too many years without dating at all (gave up for a bit and did some needed self work). Fwiw, I was 39 when I met dh, and 40 when I married. This was our 22nd anniversary. Never give up faith that that person exists. Live your life fully, and you will find them along the way. That is advice I was given, and believe.

Cats - what can I say. I've had one almost always, for almost 60 years. I founded a business around them, my one published (and paid, and a couple unpaid) story was about one of my cats, bred and showed them; simply adore the species. They are not just simple and aloof "creatures" by any stretch of the imagination!
  #1976   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 19:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Never give up faith that that person exists. Live your life fully, and you will find them along the way. That is advice I was given, and believe.

Great encouragement Patricia; Thank you! I'll take this advice on board for sure!
Love that you had a similar attitude to me about this.

We're due a really bad storm here on Monday called #Ophelia ~ worst in 60 years...Not looking forward to it.
  #1977   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-17, 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Great encouragement Patricia; Thank you! I'll take this advice on board for sure!
Love that you had a similar attitude to me about this.

We're due a really bad storm here on Monday called #Ophelia ~ worst in 60 years...Not looking forward to it.

I was very startled when I saw that Ireland was issuing a high alert over a hurricane, my ignorance over just what kind of weather you can get. Please stay safe, I hope all their predictions are off and this isn't what they are warning about!
  #1978   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-17, 07:04
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Mary, I hope you are ok. I watched the news about Ophelia and it's really unbelievable. I'm thinking about you.

Had a great RM last night- a bit strange but it worked. I made a thai red curry with salmon and I had mine over a bowl of cauliflower. DELISH! Dh had his over pasta.
He wants me to make it again with chicken or shrimp- soon!
He has a dinner meeting tonight, so I'm on my own. Haven't decided what to make yet.

later-
E
  #1979   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-17, 15:21

Mary, do post an update when you can.

I have a new cut (new for me) of beef that I am finding works extremely well as a slow cooker meat, for making shredded beef. It's arm roast, and I am slowly working my way through the ones in my freezer.

Nice to find a cut that I didn't know what to do with, is so delish.
  #1980   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-17, 10:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

I-
Never heard of that cut, Pat. What are you making?

Tonight's planned RM: salad, beef bbq brisket, corn tortillas, guacamole and probably slaw.

Tomorrow will have smoked beef sausage on a French roll, salad and slaw.

that's as far as I get! Last night did end up with a tuna sandwich on bread (a real sandwich!) with a big salad. YUM. Had the leftover tuna and salad for CM breakfast today.

later-
E