Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 18:33
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Tell your Mom or Dad that you'd like to have a check-up and ask your doctor about the best things to do. If your doctor feels you should be concerned about weight, they'll tell you all you need to know.

Feed your body what it needs and make sure you get adequate exercise like walking, biking, swimming and you will grow into your new shape. Your body will be growing and changing for years to come, and if you feed it right NOW, you'll head off any weight/health problems for life. Abuse it by dieting it down to an unhealthy weight, and you're setting yourself up for lifelong problems.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 23:19

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

What they all said! Yes, good advice! Follow it! No diet, just try to avoid the junk and do some resistance trianing....build up those muscles!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 09:35

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Hi

Everyone is telling you the truth! I am 5'2" and literally starved myself to 102 pounds when I was 19 years old! I look at the pictures now and realize I was a walking skeleton and looked so unhealthy! My skin tone was pasty gray, literally! The danger then was I saw fat everytime I looked in the mirror so thought weighing less was key. I also feel I did damage then that has contributed to my obesity now! Please, don't lose more than 5 pounds and lose that through healthy eating and exercise and slowly! You don't see it, but you are at a perfect weight right now! Maintain no less than 115 pounds and as your body changes, and it is getting ready to change, you will have a lovely figure that peers will envy. You are at a difficult age right now, but you will get through this. I strongly advice you talk to an adult! If you don't feel comfy with Mom, then is there an aunt or teacher? Grandma? I also want to tell you about an aunt of mine. She had to live with one of her sisters because one day she decided to practically stop eating. No one could get her to eat! By the time anyone realized what she had done to herself she weighed 79 pounds and was bedridden. By the time they got her stable and she began to put weight back on, slowly, she had already suffered considerable nerve damage that she will have to live with for the rest of her life. When she finally began to walk again, she had to use a walker (two years on the thing) then she graduated to one of those canes with four feet on it and now can walk carefully without help. She is having a really hard time right now and can't even use one of her hands. Am I getting through to you as to some of the things you can look forward to if you lose the weight you desire? Would you like to lose a kidney or two while you are at it? Lose your ability to have children someday? I could go on, but surely you understand some of the damage you are facing if you lose such a large amount of weight! And, by starving yourself down you could, as an adult, end up obese. I really hope you talk to Mom or at least another adult who can convince you that what you want to achieve is dangerous to your health. Did I mention the damage it would do to your heart? Please think about what I have shared with you.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 01:11
Carolina Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244.5/131.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 91%

When you're 13 years old, your body can sometimes look so much different than the other girls. I read that you ride horses. One of the results from riding is that you build muscles in your legs, especially if you ride hunter/jumper or ride dressage. Think about how you have to use your legs to help steer the horse, or when you take a jump and have to squeeze your legs to maintain balance and form. All of this leads to building muscles! Now, the bad news is that other 13 year old girls sit around all day and talk on the phone, watch tv, etc. You are not one of those girls and so you don't get that stick thin look.

The good new!!! As you continue to ride and build those muscles, you will have the head start on them all. You will be athletic and be in wonderful shape. As those same girls starting reaching high school and then college, they will all be about getting "tone" and having the same definition that you already have. Take heart, enjoy the exercise and don't let the small differences between yourself and the other girls worry you. It may seem like an eternity now but soon the tables will turn.

Ok, a whole lot to read, I know. But here's a little success story, if you will. My sister has ridden since she was just a tot and had the same issues and worries when she was a teenager, just like you. She never dieted and apparently that was the right decision since she was an alternate on the '92 Olympic team! I wish you all the luck with your riding and everything else.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 08:42

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile

I hope all is going well for you and I hope I didn't come across as being overly harsh. I just feel passionate about the whole subject and hate to see anyone go through what my aunt and I have. Wishing you the best week.