Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 07:53
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default Weekend BFL Check-in 04/2/04

Hi gang,

Well I hope you all had a great week. How did it go for you? Did you get in all your workouts? Was you nutrition plan working out for you?

I know I'm posting this a little early this week, but I'm going away for the weekend and won't have access to a computer. I hope I don't go into computer withdrawl.

Well, I had a great week again and the tape measure shows it. I lost 1/2 inch off the belly and lost no weight. That's great it means I must have gained some muscle.

The only thing that didn't go to plan this week was that I missed a HIIT on Tuesday. My legs were just way to sore from LBWO on Monday. I could barely walk. But I guess it's a good sign to be able to make yourself that sore after 4 weeks of the same routine.

Next week I'll be starting a new routine, so I'll have to figure that out over the weekend.

Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: bfl
Stats: 232.5/218.0/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Sounds like a great week Arnie. I posted my aggravation on a new thread. Where are you going this weekend?

Kristen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 11:45

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hi, folks!

My first challenge is officially over. Due to a car accident, I'll be giving myself one extra day to log my 'personal best' attempts for the challenge (i.e. tomorrow). Gains/losses are posted below.

I'll post a longer C1 evaluation in a few days (with *gulp* pics), but the short eval is "smashing success".
------------------------

As per mybodycomp.com

...................beg C1........end C1
Weight.........217 lbs........202 lbs.........-15 lbs

Neck...........15.75 in.......15.00 in......-0.75 in
Shoulder......48.50 in.......44.75 in......-3.75 in
Chest..........46.00 in......43.00 in......-3.00 in
Waist..........38.00 in......32.99 in......-5.00 in
Abdomen.....42.00 in......35.00 in......-7.00 in
Hips............45.00 in......39.49 in......-5.50 in
Thigh..........27.00 in......25.00 in......-2.00 in
Knee...........16.50 in......16.00 in......-0.50 in
Calf ...........17.50 in......16.00 in......-1.50 in
Ankle............9.25 in.......8.75 in......-0.50 in
Bicep..........14.25 in......13.50 in......-0.75 in
Forearm.......11.50 in......11.00 in......-0.50 in
Wrist............6.50 in...... 6.25 in......-0.25 in

Lean Mass 125 lbs.........135 lbs......+10 lbs
Fat mass 93 lbs..........68 lbs......-25 lbs

BF%.............42.64 ..........33.67 (mybodycomp) -9%
BF%.............41.5.............29.5 (nocarbzone) -12%
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 19:23

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 145/108/112 Female 5'6
BF:pregnantEDD5/12/05
Progress: 112%

My week started off pretty bad since I had a kidney infection and a slightly pulled back muscle. My one LBWO was weak (on purpose). I only did 3 different exercises for my legs. The good news is, through it, I learned how to work my calves to the extreme. I was able to up the weights for biceps and triceps on Sat. , and was able to make most of the tens for the last workout of weeks 3. I used my free day to add in some serious ab work. Had to get ready for my week of eating like a pig. The scale says I lost another lb. Don't wanna! I eat until I am full & have snacks throughout the day. Oh well, my trip will add a few lbs., I am sure of it. Too bad it won't be the muscle weight I would like. I had my BF% taken this weekend & I came out a little under 12 %. I was shocked because I thought I was around 15-16%. I plan on having it taken every two weeks to see any changes that occur. Since I am now below my goal %, I am just going to look for changes in the areas that were higher (on the 7 point test), such as abdominals and back.

Positive changes I have noticed in my body thus far:
1) can see some definition in my abs (never ever seen even a hint of muscle before now)
2) my triceps are becoming tighter (still have a ways to go before the 'flabby area is completely toned)
3) calves are really popping
4) upper legs feel stronger
5) better blood circulation
6) better heartrate

A few cons:
1) I am tired most of the time
2) sore, sore, sore (which is really a good thing, I know.~wink~)
4) losing weight (I want to maintain or even gain)

Arnie- GREAT job on losinh 1/2 inch on your waist AGAIN this week. You are doing awesome!!!!!!! Gaining lots of muscle and losing the fat, can't ask for anything more! Let us know how you like your new change of routine. I am going to have to work on my plan for a change while on my vacation, so when I return, I will be ready! It is always hard for me to force myself into changing up a routine I have become comfortable with...but I guess that's the point- not to let my body become comfortable. We don't want stalls!

Friday- Great job on finishing out the challenge. You really pused yourself through all of the challendges that came up, including your car accident. I am so glad you are safe! Please let us know how you do when logging your personal best. What wonderful stats! You really went down in inches!!!!!! You are a buff babe!

Kristin, sorry about your bad week. I truly hope you have a better one this time around!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 04:26

Plan: General
Stats: 200/200/170 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 0%

Great job Arnie!

Friday- Nice results,even with a car accident!

Kristen- Hope this week is better!

This past week was my wife's birthday. We celebrated multiple times with different family members. I missed one workout to take her out to dinner. One cardio day I was unable to run so I walked 45 minutes instead (it was after a LBWO that wore me out). My last cardio only lasted a little more than halfway through (I ran too hard to start with) and finished with walking.

Nutrition wise wasn't too good. Have the equivalent of two free days,something to improve on.

Goals for this week:

Stick with nutrition plan
Stick with workouts
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 06:04
Registered Member

Plan: strictly BFL
Stats: 183/166,4/158 Male 180 cm
BF:22%/18%/12%
Progress: 72%

All in all it was good week (C1 week 2) and hope this week will be even better!

Looking back at my stats I met about 50% of the high points last week, therefore I need to increase the weights for some exercises.

I gained 1,5 pounds in the last two weeks, but luckily I did not gain around my waist. Hopefully its all muscles. Anyway I want to lose some inches around my waist, therefore I should be more carefully with my calorie intake.

On Easter Sunday I will have my first refeed (carb loading) day with chocolate eggs and cheese cake . I am curious about the result.

Last edited by superflat : Mon, Apr-05-04 at 10:10.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:53

Stats: 260/259/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Congrats Friday, your changes are awesome!

Kristen, try not to get too dicouraged, this is a new week!

As for me, it was the end of week 5 of C1, and all in all not a bad week. Was able increase weight on almost all exercises, and was able to max stacks on hip abductors and tricep extensions!!!! Wasn't able to measure yesterday, but will do that tonight, and I haven't lost wany lbs on the scale, but will soon hopefully.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 09:06
Contributing Member

Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac11962
Sounds like a great week Arnie. I posted my aggravation on a new thread. Where are you going this weekend?

Kristen

Hi Kristen, we drove from Vancouver to Kelowna for the weekend and had a great but exhausting time. Friday was my LBWO day, so when we got into Kelowna I started looking for a gym and found a Gold's gym. I went in and asked what the drop in fee is, the young woman behind the desk asked if I had ever been there before and suggested that I sign up for their one week free trial. So I got to workout for free instead of paying the $12.00 drop in fee. That was very nice of them. I can see why they would want people to try it out. They had great equipment. Way better equiped than the gym I regularly use.

BTW, I also replied in your other thread.

Arnie
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 09:52

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Hi Everyone!
Friday, your stats are inspiring - I am going to try to match them! I'm well on my way inch-loss wise but have MUCH more body fat to lose - I'll be really curious to see how much % wise I have gone down. Pounds so far, at the end of 7 weeks, are usually down 10 (but I was up 5 this morning - TOM) but inches are falling.

Arnie, way to go on meeting your inch-loss goal for the week. You live is such a beautiful area of our country - bet it's warm there - we had -7 yesterday and this morning, with wind chill, it was -13. Oh well, one thing about Ontario weather - tomorrow it could be 20. Definite wardrobe confusion...

I had a good week. Amazing LBWO on Monday - hit 10s with everything. Wednesday was UBWO and did OK - managed a few 10s and failed on triceps last set. Friday was another LBWO and it was ace - I added more weight to my walking lunges, and did a couple more sets. The seated leg press was just the 2nd time I pushed 235lbs for my 6 set - all 10s and on Saturday I felt like I had been beaten up.

Cardio was Tuesday and Thursday, and I did the Heart Rate Hill on the bike - 50 minutes on Tuesday and 45 minutes on Thursday - 11 hills, 9 hills - just flew and loved it! Finished with my abs both days - started the incline bench sit-ups - 4 sets of 6,5,4,4 - but am shooting for a goal of 10,8,8,6 by the end of my week 8, and 15, 15, 10, 10 by the end of my challenge.

Saturday was my best day by far. Cardio day without having to rush to work - started with 30 minutes HIIT on the ellipticall (5 minutes warmup level 3, 20 minutes intervals 6,7,8,9,10;7,8,9,10,11;8,9,10,11,12;9,10,11,12,13 then a 5 minute cooldown. 460 calories burned.
Moved to the bike and did 45 minutes of heartrate hill at level 8 - 250 calories burned, 10 hills.
Finished with 13 minutes on the Stairmaster - OMG it's a killer - but I'm going to add 10 minutes of this to my cardio routine - burned 120 calories in those 13 minutes.

For my abs, I did the inclines 6,5,4,4 - had a hard time with them. But then I did my supersets of crunches, side crunches and leg lifts x 3 sets, but for the crunches on the first set, I lifted my legs in the air and tried to raise my butt so I was crunching "both ends" - I did 50 of those and they were also killer. Have increased my 1st set of leg lifts to 30. My abs routine still knocks the wind out of me, but under all the belly blubber I KNOW there's some serious muscle just waiting to be revealed!

Have a great week, everyone! Continued success...
Laura