Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1546   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 22:00

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 4 of 5 this week

goals: Fall quarter (to Winter Solstice): 15 min a day cleaning something 5 days a week. (Goal is to deep clean house/ pack and sort/discard stuff)
I have a sub-task here too. Exercise. I want to spend 20 min 5 days a week exercising.

My goal to Winter Solstice is almost up... it's the 21st this year - next week.

house: met (did 30 min starting on sorting paperwork, where I didn't realize I'd already been over these folders, and had to tape back together some pages I mistook for scrap paper fodder...did come across a folder where cutting it up was ok - must have been where I left off last time...
exercise: 20 min walk before work along the waterway walkway - really enjoy that walk before sunrise and before I go in to start work.
Sponsored Links
  #1547   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-17, 04:34

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

After a fasting period it was really nice to start off in the kitchen this morning with a clean and organized food prep area. Working on the above habit pays off in subtle ways. I also had a clean card table to put a few items on yesterday but they are still there - that is my old habit. I'll put those items away now...

~mviesprite - I'm really looking forward to the winter solstice as it marks for me the return of summer - and a hope that one day soon open water, but for now I'll appreciate the ice we have.

Happy Holidays!

http://downhaul.com/kites/171212Was...asCloud-web.mp4

#1548   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-17, 07:14

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

1. twice a day meditation
2. At least 10,000 steps a day either indoors, outdoors or a combo
3. <25 net grams of carbs per day, 2 meals, no eating after 6PM
4. In bed by 10PM
5. Limit computer time

Completed Day 14 reboot

Totals:
14 missed computer time limit (out of 14)
3 missed steps (out of 14)
3 missed bedtime (out of 14)
3 missed meditation (out of 28)

Still working on computer time. I will get there!
  #1549   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-17, 07:34
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 3 of 90

The mission: Deep ketogenic eating everyday
The rules: Eat less than 20 net carbs per day and less than 15 net carbs at any one meal.
Other parameters: I will give myself up to 5 passes/exceptions throughout the 90 day period, but they cannot be used on consecutive days. These are not free-for-all days, but an allowance to take into account that perfection is not required.

Passes used: 0

Yesterday: 15 net carbs
  #1550   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-17, 08:18

BF:

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

Happily cleaned dishes, sink and stove this morning without much thought. I do see that other areas of the appartment need this type of periodic attention too - doesn't seem to happen on weekends as I'm out and then beat up. I'll consider weekdays when I get home, perhaps 15 mins there too outside of kitchen.
  #1551   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-17, 08:44

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM
5. Limit computer time

Completed Day 15 reboot

Totals:
15 missed computer time limit (out of 15)
3 missed steps (out of 15)
3 missed bedtime (out of 15)
3 missed meditation (out of 30)

Still working on computer time. I will get there!

Last edited by cotonpal : Mon, Dec-18-17 at 05:13.
  #1552   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-17, 22:57
Say NO to Diabetes!

Default Day 4 of 90

The rules: Eat less than 20 net carbs per day and less than 15 net carbs at any one meal.
Other parameters: I will give myself up to 5 passes/exceptions throughout the 90 day period, but they cannot be used on consecutive days. These are not free-for-all days, but an allowance to take into account that perfection is not required.

Yesterday: 16 net carbs Today: 14 net carbs. This is my best "weekend eating" in quite some time. That is the right way to start the week.
  #1553   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-17, 23:31

Default day 5 of 5 this week

goals: Fall quarter (to Winter Solstice): 15 min a day cleaning something 5 days a week. (Goal is to deep clean house/ pack and sort/discard stuff)
I have a sub-task here too. Exercise. I want to spend 20 min 5 days a week exercising.

house: met
exercise: 20 min dancing to Pandora dance station while cooking/working in the kitchen

Thud, yes, the sun returns and with it spring/summer
  #1554   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-17, 05:14

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM
5. Limit computer time

Completed Day 15 reboot

Totals:
15 missed computer time limit (out of 15)
3 missed steps (out of 15)
3 missed bedtime (out of 15)
3 missed meditation (out of 30)
  #1555   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-17, 10:13
Say NO to Diabetes!

Default Day 5 of 90

Day 5 was another good day. Even though I officially started this challenge on Dec 14th, I actually started my "deep keto" reboot a few days earlier. I've measured and tracked my food since the 11th. So I have a full weeks worth of data to report. Here are the average daily numbers:

Calories .................. 1993 cal ..... 100%
Carbohydrate................. 21 g ......... 6%
~~ Fiber, total dietary ..... 18 g
~~ Net Carbohydrate ......... 13 g
Protein .................... 102 g ........ 18%
Total lipid (fat) .......... 165 g ........ 76%
~~ saturated ................ 79 g
~~ monounsaturated .......... 47 g
~~ polyunsaturated .......... 23 g

My macros for much of the past 14 months were in the neighborhood of 15% carbs, 25% protein, and 60% fat. So what I am doing now is a fairly substantial shift in the ketogenic direction. In just this one week I feel like I have better control over my WOE. I had tried going "keto" on the last challenge but failed. I think my mindset has changed and that has been a help. I realize that those old macros did not result in maintenance. Over time they did not work for me and I can't let myself go back there. Simply eating Low Carb is not good enough.

The trouble is that my typical LC food rotation resulted in those macros. I've been eating that way for over 2 years. I've had to change my normal routine to get to these new macros. Getting the carbs down was the easiest change. I know where the carbs are and they are easy enough to avoid. Making the fiber, fat and protein adjustments are a little tougher. I didn't have to think about those things before. I do now. It has been harder to get the protein down and the fats up than I thought it would be. I'd gotten pretty used to my meat proportions and since dropping BP coffee I never went out of my way to get extra fat. I believe that what I am doing now should become my new normal. Hopefully 90 consistent days working this "keto plan" will put me in a better place to maintain my weight loss.

Last edited by khrussva : Mon, Dec-18-17 at 20:29.
  #1556   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-17, 10:21

BF:

Observations:

Overslept a bit and in a little rush. I saw stove top that needed wiping and last nights dishes in food prep area. I wiped the stove and put the dishes in a sink. No %100 percent, no black or white, no good or bad, just somewhere changing near the middle.
  #1557   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-17, 12:20

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Be Patient. Stay Focused.

It was challenging to feel like my weight loss was stalling right after winning my first 5 lb. Challenge. I was excited about the progress and then, it stopped! For two days, I considered taking a cheat day or meal to reset things, in hope that the weight loss would resume. The good news is that going back to my old carb habits just didn't appeal to me. I stayed on keto, consistently hitting or staying close to my macros.

Yesterday, I upped my activity level. This week my focus will be on activity goals and not the scale. Weigh-ins will continue, but they won't weigh as heavily on my mind.

My goal is to lose 10 lbs this month. (234.20 – 228.8) 5.4 down, 4.6 to go.
  #1558   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-17, 23:54

Default day 1 of 5 this week

house: met
exercise: I worked this AM and worked this evening, so I went just early enough tonight to take the walk along the waterway - 20 min.
  #1559   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-17, 05:31

BF:

Observations:

Over did it a bit yesterday after work but I did find my taxes that I need to file for work and get a refund The further I got into all the piles of sorted paper the more I realized they were just piles of sorted paper that have little meaning other than historical documents. My aim is to cling LESS to the past and not even think to hard about the future.

I just sat there and made easy decisions throwing stuff out and only keeping a few things, many of them to give away as they are not useful to me any longer.

Technology has past by the things I still cling to from the past rendering them useless. I hope to slowly examine those things that I use today and abandon them before they become anchors to the past.

That's about all I have to say about that. - Forest
  #1560   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-17, 06:46

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM
5. Limit computer time

Completed Day 16 reboot

Totals:
16 missed computer time limit (out of 16)
3 missed steps (out of 16)
4 missed bedtime (out of 16)
3 missed meditation (out of 32)
Closed Thread